Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    got this error when trying to install the frame work any suggestions??

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    53 59128 53 31863 0 0 71449 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 91824
    100 59128 100 59128 0 0 108k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 133k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 59128 100 59128 0 0 99232 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 132k
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Sconix any idea on why i can't install the framework patches? I had an issue where my phone logged me out and i had to log back in to my palm profile it was like it rebuilt itself!
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    got this error when trying to install the frame work any suggestions??

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    53 59128 53 31863 0 0 71449 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 91824
    100 59128 100 59128 0 0 108k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 133k
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 59128 100 59128 0 0 99232 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 132k
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Looks like that file has not been restored when the patch was uninstalled. So you need to restore that file manully, i.e. unpack from doctor and copy over to the device.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    probably just easier to re dr. the whole thing?

Because none of my patches got removed when it happened

Uberkernal was installed and not removed i can't reinstall that now either
  5.    #705  
    probably just easier to re dr. the whole thing?

Because none of my patches got removed when it happened

Uberkernal was installed and not removed i can't reinstall that now either
    Well if the emergency database repairer does not bring the installed apps/patches list back then yes doctoring is easier.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Where is emergency database repairer???? Not really looking forward to a redo but if i have to then i will!!!
  7.    #707  
    Where is emergency database repairer???? Not really looking forward to a redo but if i have to then i will!!!
    Well I don't remember its exact name, just go through the emergency utilities in preware, one of those descriptions mentions that it fixes situation where not all apps/patches etc show as installed even they are.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have recently noticed that my frankenpre2 no longer hangs up when I close the slider. I have tried disabling and then re-enabling this switch in the Tweaks app, but to no avail... I'm wondering if this could have something to do with the 23 September update to these patches--which seems to be about the time my problem started.

Thanks,
    David
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I have recently noticed that my frankenpre2 no longer hangs up when I close the slider. I have tried disabling and then re-enabling this switch in the Tweaks app, but to no avail... I'm wondering if this could have something to do with the 23 September update to these patches--which seems to be about the time my problem started.

Thanks,
    David
    And you don't have any handsfree stuff connected? And the slider was opened while the phone call was announced/ongoing? Does it hangup even if you close-open-close?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    And you don't have any handsfree stuff connected? And the slider was opened while the phone call was announced/ongoing? Does it hangup even if you close-open-close?
    No, I am not using a bluetooth or other peripheral or speakerphone. I either opened the slider to answer or place a call, and then closing the slider would not end the call--even if I opened/closed again several times.

Oddly, though, I am not having the problem now. I have been noticing it at work, but I'm home now. I will test it at work again tomorrow and see if I can isolate a cause.

David
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I believe my problem may have been related to using Screenstate3 with UberKernel on my frankenpre2. I also use Mode Switcher and have a trigger set to keep the screen active whenever I use the Touchstone. Often when I have selected the "built in" Screenstate3 profile in Govnah, charged with the Touchstone, and then taken the phone off and put it in my pocket, I will find later that Luna has restarted for some reason (all my apps are closed). When this happens, I then find that the slider will no longer end a call.

I have given up on Screenstate3 and am just using OnDemandTcl, and am no longer having any problems with ending calls.
    I own a AT&T Pre 3, doctor with 2.2.3 and just install Advanced System Pref - Framework & Phone Pref. But the calls didn't stop after the slider was closed, sometimes it does but sometimes only when I close-open-close the slider. But for more than 50% occasions no response after closing the slider.

I'm wondering if it's my Pre 3's hardware problem, but I checked the keyboard light, it turns off when I close the slider. Please have a look on it. Thanks a lot!
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    I've read a few pages (not all 36) so sorry if this has been discussed before. I installed some advanced pref patches but the framework which is required for all the other patches to work won't install via preware, any clue?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I've read a few pages (not all 36) so sorry if this has been discussed before. I installed some advanced pref patches but the framework which is required for all the other patches to work won't install via preware, any clue?
    You most likely have another patch that is conflicting with the install. The best way to install the advanced patches is to start with them, then install any remaining patches. You can use EPR to remove all your patches, install the advanced ones, the remaining ones you'll need.

Or you can try to figure out which patch(s) are conflicting. Check the wiki for all of the features the advanced patches provide, then remove any patch you have installed the provides the same functionality.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Well, I tried installing them via WebOSQI and it gave some errors, but when I look in Preware now those patches are installed, now I'm not sure how I can know for sure if they're installed or not, I was told I'd have the SMS tone per contact but I don't see it..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I believe my problem may have been related to using Screenstate3 with UberKernel on my frankenpre2. I also use Mode Switcher and have a trigger set to keep the screen active whenever I use the Touchstone. Often when I have selected the "built in" Screenstate3 profile in Govnah, charged with the Touchstone, and then taken the phone off and put it in my pocket, I will find later that Luna has restarted for some reason (all my apps are closed). When this happens, I then find that the slider will no longer end a call.

I have given up on Screenstate3 and am just using OnDemandTcl, and am no longer having any problems with ending calls.
    I have been tweaking my settings in Govnah to come up with a combination of settings that will allow me to save battery with screenstate-v3 without causing my frankenpre2 to crash, and seem to have found something that works for me:

screenstate-v3 150/1100 MHz
    VDEMAND FACTOR: Medium
    VDEMAND ENABLE: TRUE
    CHARGER OVERRIDE: TRUE
    CHARGER POLL RATE: 3 Sec
    VDEMAND POLL RATE 0.1Sec
    ONDEMAND ENABLE: TRUE
    Compressed Swap: DISABLED
    I/O Scheduler: CFQ
    TCP Congestion: WESTWOOD

However, now my problem with closing the slider to end calls is back permanently. Numerous reboots & battery swaps have done nothing to make this Tweak work again. I emailed myself the complete log file from my last reboot and attempt to hangup a call this way, and can post more here or email it to you... This appears to be the part where I closed and opened the slider repeatedly, to no avail:

[2011-10-17 14:00:20] (activitymanager[1539]) user.warning: [activitymanager.activitymanager] [Activity 202] evicted from run queue on release
    [2011-10-17 14:00:21] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:22] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:24] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:25] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:27] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:28] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:29] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:31] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:32] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:34] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:35] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:37] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:38] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:39] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:40] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:41] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'displayon', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14
    [2011-10-17 14:00:42] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.phone: Event received: 'activecall', current state: 'activecall_card', palmInitFramework298:14

Does that tell you anything or do you need more of the log?

Thanks,
    David
    Yes, the OTA update was installed as well as the framework patch (my settings for the SMS notifications are as follows: repeat every 2 minutes, limitations: infinitely.
    I have exactly the same problem. If I don't use a alert tone per specific contact it works ok, but if I have an individual alert sound set for a contact, then when I get a sms from the contact, it plays both as mentioned above.

Aldrich

Ps. At&t pre3 with framework patch installed and newest ota.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  18.    #718  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. If I don't use a alert tone per specific contact it works ok, but if I have an individual alert sound set for a contact, then when I get a sms from the contact, it plays both as mentioned above.

Aldrich

Ps. At&t pre3 with framework patch installed and newest ota.

Technically this is not possible, and I can not make this happen, since the same function plays the sound in both cases i.e. when you have system sound or when you have contact sound and the function is called only once. Of course I don't have AT&T pre3 to test with, but I will try to test this once more, but last time I could not make this happen and I don't see from code how it would be even possible. You are sure you don't have any other patches that could conflict and cause this? Have you tried re-installing the framework patch?
    Technically this is not possible, and I can not make this happen, since the same function plays the sound in both cases i.e. when you have system sound or when you have contact sound and the function is called only once. Of course I don't have AT&T pre3 to test with, but I will try to test this once more, but last time I could not make this happen and I don't see from code how it would be even possible. You are sure you don't have any other patches that could conflict and cause this? Have you tried re-installing the framework patch?

just uninstalled the framework, rebooted, re-installed, and the issue is still there - plays the custom sound, the the generic chime.

Last edited by baldric; 10/17/2011 at 06:12 PM.
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    just uninstalled the framework, rebooted, re-installed, and the issue is still there - plays the custom sound, the the generic chime.

I will look into this on the upcoming weekend. As said the last time I was unable to reproduce this, so if you could still post all related configurations so that I can try to replicate this.