Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud333 View Post
    Oups ! the correct syntax in french is :

<div class="title left" x-mojo-loc="">Numéros masqués</div>

( with a 's' to masqué because it's a plural in french )
    That much I figured on mt own and changed it into that
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just a heads up, the next release of phone prefs patch will move some of the setting from the phone app preferences menu into tweaks. Also some defaults will change so be sure to check that settings are to your liking after updating. There will be couple new options as well.
    Sconix,

Long time no talk hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in and see if turning on the keypad on out going calls is a new "feature"? If so is there a way to change this so it doesn't happen...Maybe with a TWEAK? Thanks, again let me know if you need more details....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

Long time no talk hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in and see if turning on the keypad on out going calls is a new "feature"? If so is there a way to change this so it doesn't happen...Maybe with a TWEAK? Thanks, again let me know if you need more details....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    it used to be an option, but in the recent update he hard coded the dialpad on outbound calls and contacts image/scene on inbound calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    it used to be an option, but in the recent update he hard coded the dialpad on outbound calls and contacts image/scene on inbound calls.
    It would be nice if (sconix) could add back the TWEAK? this is driving me nuts since I like to look @ the contact pictures I have set up and not the dialpad, I only turn on the dialpad if I am calling a bank or someplace I have to enter numbers....it sucks to have to turn it off everytime I make a call....

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    It would be nice if (sconix) could add back the TWEAK? this is driving me nuts since I like to look @ the contact pictures I have set up and not the dialpad, I only turn on the dialpad if I am calling a bank or someplace I have to enter numbers....it sucks to have to turn it off everytime I make a call....

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    You really keep watching the contact picture while on call? The keypad is only shown after the phone call is connected i.e. when you are already speaking and when its outgoing call. And the viewing of the contact picture is only one tap away. But I guess I can add the tweak for it at some point, but it just seems bit silly
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Is anyone else having an issue with the system prefs patch? When it is installed, the notification alert sound gets cut off (the default one.. I noticed both on incoming SMS/MMS message and when I hold the power button). It is like half a sound. I uninstall the system prefs patch, and the sound goes back to normal.

That wouldn't be a big deal on its own, who cares if alert sound is cut off a little.. I'm writing this here because I am experiencing some other issues (that also APPEAR to have resolved after removing that patch -- all the other advanced system prefs patches that I had been using are still installed) and I want to know if they are related.

First, my alarm sounds went back to default, even though they were still selected correctly in the alarm settings -- I did have alarm daily options patch installed at one point, but I had to remove it as it was causing all of my alarms to just go off randomly at various days/times, so that might be the cause of that, if the patch didn't remove properly. I'm not sure.

My ring tone went back to default, even though that was still selected in the sound settings -- I changed it to something else, then changed it back to the one I wanted and the ringtone started working again, but I'm not sure if it would have stuck.

When receiving calls, it sometimes would not bring up the keypad view, and whenever it didn't it would appear to instead put calls instantly on hold.. I would have to tap the icon in the notification area to retrieve the call. Sometimes it worked correctly, other times it did not. I don't get that many calls so I didn't have a chance to really test this much.

I was experiencing a serious delay with MMS/SMS -- I would receive a text, tap on the notification, and it would bring up a blank screen that would take a lot longer than expected to load the conversation. I tried just removing the messaging prefs patch, but that didn't have any effect. I put messaging prefs back and just removed system prefs and this seems to have gone back to normal too. It could just be a coincidence though, or it could just be an intermittent problem that only went away this one time.

I also am getting the bug(?) where after sending an SMS message the phone becomes unresponsive for a few seconds before the message I sent finally shows up. This one does not seem related to any of the advanced system prefs patches though.

I'm probably going to try either emergency patch recovery or the webos repair utility to see how the phone behaves without any patches, then add them back one by one to see what happens. Before I do that, just wondering if anyone else has similar issues, in case you already fixed it in a much easier way.
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with the system prefs patch? When it is installed, the notification alert sound gets cut off (the default one.. I noticed both on incoming SMS/MMS message and when I hold the power button). It is like half a sound. I uninstall the system prefs patch, and the sound goes back to normal.

That wouldn't be a big deal on its own, who cares if alert sound is cut off a little.. I'm writing this here because I am experiencing some other issues (that also APPEAR to have resolved after removing that patch -- all the other advanced system prefs patches that I had been using are still installed) and I want to know if they are related.

First, my alarm sounds went back to default, even though they were still selected correctly in the alarm settings -- I did have alarm daily options patch installed at one point, but I had to remove it as it was causing all of my alarms to just go off randomly at various days/times, so that might be the cause of that, if the patch didn't remove properly. I'm not sure.

My ring tone went back to default, even though that was still selected in the sound settings -- I changed it to something else, then changed it back to the one I wanted and the ringtone started working again, but I'm not sure if it would have stuck.

When receiving calls, it sometimes would not bring up the keypad view, and whenever it didn't it would appear to instead put calls instantly on hold.. I would have to tap the icon in the notification area to retrieve the call. Sometimes it worked correctly, other times it did not. I don't get that many calls so I didn't have a chance to really test this much.

I was experiencing a serious delay with MMS/SMS -- I would receive a text, tap on the notification, and it would bring up a blank screen that would take a lot longer than expected to load the conversation. I tried just removing the messaging prefs patch, but that didn't have any effect. I put messaging prefs back and just removed system prefs and this seems to have gone back to normal too. It could just be a coincidence though, or it could just be an intermittent problem that only went away this one time.

I also am getting the bug(?) where after sending an SMS message the phone becomes unresponsive for a few seconds before the message I sent finally shows up. This one does not seem related to any of the advanced system prefs patches though.

I'm probably going to try either emergency patch recovery or the webos repair utility to see how the phone behaves without any patches, then add them back one by one to see what happens. Before I do that, just wondering if anyone else has similar issues, in case you already fixed it in a much easier way.
    All that you describe sound something that any patch can not be the cause. It sounds more like your phone has database/services or flash accessing problems. And why the patches make it worse is that they add more database/service accessing (normally working phone you would not notice any added lag etc.). I don't think the EPR will help you that much, of course as said having bit less accessing to database might make it work bit better but not that much. What could help is to perform full erase and then loading everything back from profile, but if the problem causer is something thats in your profile configs then that might not help either. Also I doubt doctoring would help in that case since you would again get everything back via the profile restoration. But you can try, in the end I would say the best help might be to start from fresh configuration by turning backup off (to wipe the stored configuration in your profile) then doing the full erase or even preferably doctoring and then just configure your phone again.
    You really keep watching the contact picture while on call?
    Sure, using a Bluetooth headset I can stare at my contact (er... their picture ) while I am speaking to them. The face to the voice.

Max
    You really keep watching the contact picture while on call? The keypad is only shown after the phone call is connected i.e. when you are already speaking and when its outgoing call. And the viewing of the contact picture is only one tap away. But I guess I can add the tweak for it at some point, but it just seems bit silly
    Txs! But I guess I wonder why I set up the pics if not to look at them...Thanks for considering the change....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Ehm, a silly question: I installed this and im sure i installed the Framework beforehand. The thing is that after a couple of bugs with the advanced phone prefs i think i unsinstalled the framework by error. I then noticed that i didnt have the framework installed, yet i was able to use all other advanced patches. I installed the framework again without any log problems. Is there anything to be worried about?
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    Ehm, a silly question: I installed this and im sure i installed the Framework beforehand. The thing is that after a couple of bugs with the advanced phone prefs i think i unsinstalled the framework by error. I then noticed that i didnt have the framework installed, yet i was able to use all other advanced patches. I installed the framework again without any log problems. Is there anything to be worried about?
    Many people confuse the system menus and system prefs framework patches. There is no permanent harm having framework not installed, but there will be stuff that won't work properly if it is not installed. So as long as you have installed the framework eventually all should be working.
    Thank you! Everything is working as expected. Thanks for your help
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hi. Are these patches compatible with 2.2.3 build 2207? I had my AT&T Pre3c working fine until I ran the latest OTA update without removing my patches (I thought all patches were OTA safe now?!?). After the update, Preware could not bring back (update) my patches, Advanced Sys one in particular, nor could I uninstall them! I tried EPR, but still got ""unreversed patch detected" errors. I doctored, but tried to install the patches fresh gives "Unable to run command... " errors. What have I done wrong? Thanks.

BTW, this is the second time this week I should have left well enough alone!
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Hi. Are these patches compatible with 2.2.3 build 2207? I had my AT&T Pre3c working fine until I ran the latest OTA update without removing my patches (I thought all patches were OTA safe now?!?). After the update, Preware could not bring back (update) my patches, Advanced Sys one in particular, nor could I uninstall them! I tried EPR, but still got ""unreversed patch detected" errors. I doctored, but tried to install the patches fresh gives "Unable to run command... " errors. What have I done wrong? Thanks.

BTW, this is the second time this week I should have left well enough alone!
    Not all patches are OTA safe and specially none of the advanced ones. AUPT still does not support patches that modify files from multiple apps.

And the patches are not 2.2.3 compatible, AT&T versions are coming this weekend.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/01/2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    All Advanced patches installed on my AT&T Pre3!!! Thanks much!
    Hi Sconix,

It seems that not all features of the Advanced System Prefs 2.x patches work on my Pre3 (EU unlocked version, webOS 2.2.0 build 3171). I am wondering if this could be caused by the fact that the language in my Pre3 is set to EN_GB (not EN_US) ? I can remember that it was important for the Advanced patches for Pre2. Please advise. Thanks.
  17.    #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Hi Sconix,

It seems that not all features of the Advanced System Prefs 2.x patches work on my Pre3 (EU unlocked version, webOS 2.2.0 build 3171). I am wondering if this could be caused by the fact that the language in my Pre3 is set to EN_GB (not EN_US) ? I can remember that it was important for the Advanced patches for Pre2. Please advise. Thanks.
    All languages should work, except on AT&T/VZW versions only en_US. What features you are referring to so that I can test/advice. So far no one else has reported problems.
    All languages should work, except on AT&T/VZW versions only en_US. What features you are referring to so that I can test/advice. So far no one else has reported problems.
    Not to give a false feedback I need to go through all of them and will report, but one can report now: sound notification of a text message (SMS). When a new message arrives, my phone plays a sound set in the preferences of the messaging application following by a default sound set for notifications. The same behaviour is observed when repeated notification sounds (both sounds are played).
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Not to give a false feedback I need to go through all of them and will report, but one can report now: sound notification of a text message (SMS). When a new message arrives, my phone plays a sound set in the preferences of the messaging application following by a default sound set for notifications. The same behaviour is observed when repeated notification sounds (both sounds are played).
    Are you sure you have the latest 2.2.0? I.e. you have installed the OTA update after purchasing the device right? At least the previous user to complain this was running the pre-release version of 2.2.0 (i.e. the version the devices shipped with). So if you haven't installed any OTA after getting your device then remove all patches (run EPR) and update the phone and then install the patches back.

EDIT: I see that you said that you have the latest build. Hmm this is odd then, since I can't reproduce this and don't see how this could happen if the patch is applied properly. Will do some more studying...

EDIT2: And you are sure that you have the prefs framework installed as well?
    Last edited by sconix; 10/03/2011 at 05:37 AM.
    Are you sure you have the latest 2.2.0? I.e. you have installed the OTA update after purchasing the device right? At least the previous user to complain this was running the pre-release version of 2.2.0 (i.e. the version the devices shipped with). So if you haven't installed any OTA after getting your device then remove all patches (run EPR) and update the phone and then install the patches back.

EDIT: I see that you said that you have the latest build. Hmm this is odd then, since I can't reproduce this and don't see how this could happen if the patch is applied properly. Will do some more studying...

EDIT2: And you are sure that you have the prefs framework installed as well?
    Yes, the OTA update was installed as well as the framework patch (my settings for the SMS notifications are as follows: repeat every 2 minutes, limitations: infinitely.