Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    I am not happy about that, but having no much choice just started doctoring...
    Well visit to doctor never is happy, I am sorry about the problem. And it was kinda my mistake also since I did not mention that turn off your phone until I get you the fix.

The problem happened in the first place because I released an update for both webOS 2.1 and 2.2 at the same time. We have now adjusted the patch building system so that this can not happen anymore.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by charles1128 View Post
    after I installed the patch, the blinking notification do not work for incoming email. I'm on pre2.
    Have you turned on the blink notification? The patch adds per account settings for the blink notification (see wiki) so you need to have the global setting (screen and lock app) and the per account one enabled.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well visit to doctor never is happy, I am sorry about the problem. And it was kinda my mistake also since I did not mention that turn off your phone until I get you the fix.
    I started doctoring, but it failed at 12% and returned the messgae that the device could not be reset ???? Do you know what it means ? (I used Doctor for unlocked Pre2 ver. 2.1)
  4.    #664  
    I started doctoring, but it failed at 12% and returned the messgae that the device could not be reset ???? Do you know what it means ? (I used Doctor for unlocked Pre2 ver. 2.1)
    No need to post here and send email, one is enough I monitor both. As I replied its normal can happen, just restart. When it gets past the 14% mark it should not get aborted anymore, but before that it can happen (at least my pre2 requires many tries to get the doctor started properly).
    No need to post here and send email, one is enough I monitor both. As I replied its normal can happen, just restart. When it gets past the 14% mark it should not get aborted anymore, but before that it can happen (at least my pre2 requires many tries to get the doctor started properly).
    About to start doctoring for the third time... Is it really normal ? (I hope so)
  6.    #666  
    About to start doctoring for the third time... Is it really normal ? (I hope so)
    Well hard to say, my pre2 need at least 10 tries normally, but my veer succeeds on the first try every time. At least my pre2 has had always problems, but other devices no. What I have read about it, it has something to do with the unstable novacom connection so hence rebooting the PC sometimes also helps since it resets the USB / reloads the novacom driver.
    Well hard to say, my pre2 need at least 10 tries normally, but my veer succeeds on the first try every time. At least my pre2 has had always problems, but other devices no. What I have read about it, it has something to do with the unstable novacom connection so hence rebooting the PC sometimes also helps since it resets the USB / reloads the novacom driver.
    Restarted my PC and about to start the Doctor for the 5th time...
  8.    #668  
    Restarted my PC and about to start the Doctor for the 5th time...
    Does it always stop at the same spot?
    Yes, it did, but this time it was successful (rebooting after doctoring)
  10.    #670  
    Yes, it did, but this time it was successful (rebooting after doctoring)
    Good to hear, I don't know why the doctor is so touchy to start specially with pre2.
    Seems to be ok. Time to get some sleep. Thanks for your support.
  12.    #672  
    Seems to be ok. Time to get some sleep. Thanks for your support.
    Same here, glad I was able to help even bit too late for you.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I had to doctor my phone because the solution did not work. Probably I had developer mode off and that was the reason.
    Thanks to sconix for all the help last night with his e-mails and stuff. Keep up the good work man.
    Have you turned on the blink notification? The patch adds per account settings for the blink notification (see wiki) so you need to have the global setting (screen and lock app) and the per account one enabled.
    the global setting didn't change, after I uninstalled the patch, it works again. So I'm sure that there is something to do with the patch.
  15.    #675  
    the global setting didn't change, after I uninstalled the patch, it works again. So I'm sure that there is something to do with the patch.
    You did not say that did you enable the blinking from the account settings as well? Are you using the normal or VZW version of the patch? And do you have the prefs framework patch installed?
    You did not say that did you enable the blinking from the account settings as well? Are you using the normal or VZW version of the patch? And do you have the prefs framework patch installed?
    i just found something, I didn't install the email pref patch, after I installed it, I see the option. Do I need to install all the pref patches even I do not need them?
  17.    #677  
    i just found something, I didn't install the email pref patch, after I installed it, I see the option. Do I need to install all the pref patches even I do not need them?
    You don't need to but its recommended. I only test the patches by having them all installed. The division is done only to allow easier/smaller updates for the patches. But there should not be no harm only installing the ones you need, the only "loss" is that then you have options in your contact notification configuration that do now work since the framework adds them, but the functionality comes from the individual patches.
    You don't need to but its recommended. I only test the patches by having them all installed. The division is done only to allow easier/smaller updates for the patches. But there should not be no harm only installing the ones you need, the only "loss" is that then you have options in your contact notification configuration that do now work since the framework adds them, but the functionality comes from the individual patches.
    ok, that explains, when the pref. Framework is installed, it somehow turns off by default the email notification, until the pref. Email patch is installed, this option is made available. This is a very powerful work.
  19.    #679  
    ok, that explains, when the pref. Framework is installed, it somehow turns off by default the email notification, until the pref. Email patch is installed, this option is made available. This is a very powerful work.
    Yes the framework removes the global blinking in favor of the more fine tuned control. So it is really recommended to install the whole set. I would have kept the patch in one piece, but then when ever I would do a small fix for example email prefs then you would need to update the one whole big patch, but now you can more easily update a small sub set of the patch. So thats the only reason for them to be separated.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ok, Kratus is the use who provided French translations, if he agrees with this change I will change it for next release.
    Oups ! the correct syntax in french is :

<div class="title left" x-mojo-loc="">Numéros masqués</div>

( with a 's' to masqué because it's a plural in french )