Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ok, Kratus is the use who provided French translations, if he agrees with this change I will change it for next release.
    I agree!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I have a Veer, and yesterday after I updated advance patch for Email Pref, it failed to install. After restart, my Email app can't be opened up till now. I already do install Emergency Patch Recovery or installer, no help at all. I still can't open my Email app.
    Please help, doctoring is my last option, I hope there is a way to make my Email app works again.

Many Thanks
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I have a Veer, and yesterday after I updated advance patch for Email Pref, it failed to install. After restart, my Email app can't be opened up till now. I already do install Emergency Patch Recovery or installer, no help at all. I still can't open my Email app.
    Please help, doctoring is my last option, I hope there is a way to make my Email app works again.

Many Thanks
    Something has killed the uninstallation process of the patch (which should never happen unless phone crashes while uninstalling) and its now half installed. You can try running EPR again, if it does not help then your only option is to try and install the email prefs patch again and see what files it complains about. Then you could restore those files manually via terminal application. First by seeing if the original backup file still exists, which is the same file with .webosinternals.orig suffix. Then just copying that file over will restore the file (EPR should do this though if backup files exist). If those backup files are gone then your only option is to extract the files from doctor and copy them over.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Something has killed the uninstallation process of the patch (which should never happen unless phone crashes while uninstalling) and its now half installed. You can try running EPR again, if it does not help then your only option is to try and install the email prefs patch again and see what files it complains about. Then you could restore those files manually via terminal application. First by seeing if the original backup file still exists, which is the same file with .webosinternals.orig suffix. Then just copying that file over will restore the file (EPR should do this though if backup files exist). If those backup files are gone then your only option is to extract the files from doctor and copy them over.
    Sorry I'm not too savvy with this. where I can find the backup of previous patch?

I'm quite sure it is half installed. Can't remove it nor installed it again. It is stuck

It happen again with Device menu pref patch, but it can be removed using EPR, but not wih Email Pref.. up till now I don't know what to do.. seems doctoring is the only option for me.
  5.    #645  
    Sorry I'm not too savvy with this. where I can find the backup of previous patch?

I'm quite sure it is half installed. Can't remove it nor installed it again. It is stuck

It happen again with Device menu pref patch, but it can be removed using EPR, but not wih Email Pref.. up till now I don't know what to do.. seems doctoring is the only option for me.
    Backups are where the files are, if you are not familiar with command line then I guess doctoring is your only option.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Backups are where the files are, if you are not familiar with command line then I guess doctoring is your only option.
    Will you give me step by step command to restore the backup manually?

I think at least I should try before doctoring it.
  7.    #647  
    Will you give me step by step command to restore the backup manually?

I think at least I should try before doctoring it.
    You should try this only after running EPR no patches installed. You should be able to copy the files over from internalz as well. If you want to go with terminal then you can copy over the backup file (if it exists, check that first with: ls <path>.webosinternals.orig) with the command:

mv -f <path>.webosinternals.orig <path>

Replace the <path> with the actual path of the file which you see from the patch installation failure log. So first write down all the files that fail from the ipk log you can see after the patch installation fails. Then issue those commands for every one of them (or use internalz).

If that backup file does not exist then you can extract it from the doctor (there should be plenty of instuctions how to unpack the doctor) and copy it over to the device with novaterm (or maybe WOSI still supports copying files into device also).
    Hi Sconix,

I just updated the advanced patches (Pre 2 webOS 2.1, update received in Preware tonigh: 23 September 11:17pm CET) and after doing the Luna Restart my device is stuck in the booting phase. I tried everything (including the restart after removing the battery) and nothing helps. I still cannot go beyond the flashing hp icon. Seems that one of the updates are corrupted. Please help !
  9.    #649  
    You are right there is something odd happened with the updated patch. Let me first remove it out from the circulation I will then get back to you to help you.
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Hi Sconix,

I just updated the advanced patches (Pre 2 webOS 2.1, update received in Preware tonigh: 23 September 11:17pm CET) and after doing the Luna Restart my device is stuck in the booting phase. I tried everything (including the restart after removing the battery) and nothing helps. I still cannot go beyond the flashing hp icon. Seems that one of the updates are corrupted. Please help !
    Ok I found out the problem, there was mixup of files from 2.2.0 into 2.1.0 release. I am right now working to fix that so no more people get effected. I will get back to you in few minutes with instructions how you can recover.

EDIT: the updates are again fixed (174 releases are safe!, don't install 172 release!). I am now working with the build system so that this can not happen again, luckily thanks to you we caught this early right after I made the release so thanks for reporting!
    Last edited by sconix; 09/23/2011 at 06:09 PM.
  11.    #651  
    Hi Sconix,

Can you send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com so I can guide you through the recovery.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Can you send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com so I can guide you through the recovery.
    I have the same issue...just updated some advanced patches...
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    I have the same issue...just updated some advanced patches...
    Just send me the email and I can help, we have already fixed the feed so that it does not have the broken packages. The broken packages were available only for an hour at most so hopefully not so many users grabbed them.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Just send me the email and I can help, we have already fixed the feed so that it does not have the broken packages. The broken packages were available only for an hour at most so hopefully not so many users grabbed them.
    Sent...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Me too...
    I'm sending you my e-mail.
    Thanks
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Sent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Me too...
    I'm sending you my e-mail.
    Thanks
    Sent the email with instructions, please tell me if you succesfully fixed the situation so I can post the instructions since I need to go to sleep in one hour.
    You are right there is something odd happened with the updated patch. Let me first remove it out from the circulation I will then get back to you to help you.
    I left the device allowing it to boot as long as it wanted but it got worse after some time: it went from the booting logo to the yellow triangle with the text: www.palm.com/ROM. Does it look like doctoring ? I am about to send you an e-mail... hope you can help and my device is not bricked...
  18.    #658  
    I left the device allowing it to boot as long as it wanted but it got worse after some time: it went from the booting logo to the yellow triangle with the text: www.palm.com/ROM. Does it look like doctoring ? I am about to send you an e-mail... hope you can help and my device is not bricked...
    You can not brick the device. You should have closed the phone when it was not starting the problem is that it was restarting luna over and over again (which can happen when certain files get damaged). Not sure why it got into the yellow triangle, never seen that. But if thats all you get now then doctoring is the only option
    I am not happy about that, but having no much choice just started doctoring...
    after I installed the patch, the blinking notification do not work for incoming email. I'm on pre2.