Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have already read the wiki, but i don't find the info.

I've only found the settings on/off ( Blocked Numbers: [On | Off] )
  2.    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud333 View Post
    I have already read the wiki, but i don't find the info.

I've only found the settings on/off ( Blocked Numbers: [On | Off] )
    Ah I see I thought you were looking that one. So you mean how to block individual numbers. Then create a contact named as you wish. Eg. Blocked numbers, and add the numbers to that contact and then use the per contact options to set the "block".
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    per contact options, do you mean : "Individual Contacts > Phone Call > Action: [Do Nothing | Auto Hang Up | Direct to Voicemail] " and set to "direct to voicemail" ?
  4.    #624  
    per contact options, do you mean : "Individual Contacts > Phone Call > Action: [Do Nothing | Auto Hang Up | Direct to Voicemail] " and set to "direct to voicemail" ?
    Yes, so the calls from that "blocked numbers" contact are then "blocked".
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    But what's the use of the general option " unknown contact > Blocked Numbers: [On | Off] " if the per contact option is already set ?

it seems to be redundant settings between per contacts options and unknow contacts options if blocked numbers is set to on.
    Last edited by Daoud333; 09/21/2011 at 05:03 AM.
  6.    #626  
    But what's the use of the general option " unknown contact > Blocked Numbers: [On | Off] " if the per contact option is already set ?
    Sorry I am not following what you are after. If you want to block all calls coming from blocked numbers then you use that option as the wiki explains. If you want to block individual phone numbers then you use the contact way that I described.

EDIT: not sure if the wiki is clear but I think it is, so the blocked / unknown numbers switcher determine which kind of calls are considered to be unknown contacts, i.e. to which the unknown contact notification options apply.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    It's not very clear for me.

A number unknown it's a call without number displayed.

but what's the defnition of a number blocked ? for me it's a phone number blacklisted, but i can't set a list.

i understand i can block per contact, but it's not a list and i can't see quickly all contacts blocked.
  8.    #628  

but what's the defnition of a number blocked ? for me it's a phone number blacklisted, but i can't set a list.

i understand i can block per contact, but it's not a list and i can't see quickly all contacts blocked.
    No blocked numbers are those that don't have a number, at least thats what they are called for. The unknown numbers are unknown to you, i.e. not in your contacts.

EDIT: What do you mean you can not see quickly all contacts blocked, one tap to the blocked contact you have created and you see list of numbers blocked. If you need to have contact per phone number then yes there is no quick way to see them, but not sure in what use case you want to have contact infos for phone numbers that you have blocked.

a blocked number normally means that the person making the call has blocked their number from view

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    What about for when i get the vibrate for the text and and the cricket for the when it's displayed below?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ok i understand, it's a mistranslation in French : "number blocked" is literally translated to "numéro bloqué", but the correct translation is "numéro masqué" ( ie literally "number masqued" )
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    What about for when i get the vibrate for the text and and the cricket for the when it's displayed below?
    For that I would need more info, I can not make it happen with the current info you have provided. So if I understood correctly you get vibrate on when message arrives and the cricket (system notify) sound when the notification is displayed? But shouldn't these happen at the same time, so do you mean that you are getting both vibrate + system sound when the message arrives for a contact that you have set to have a vibrate alert as a message alert?

What happens if you set the notify setting for the contact to mute? Do you then get only the cricket sound when messages arrives?
  13.    #633  
    ok i understand, it's a mistranslation in French : "number blocked" is literally translated to "numéro bloqué", but the correct translation is "numéro masqué" ( ie literally "number masqued" )
    Ok, Kratus is the use who provided French translations, if he agrees with this change I will change it for next release.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So it's down to either Advanced Reset Options or Advanced Menus as to what is breaking my wifi authentication...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  15.    #635  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    So it's down to either Advanced Reset Options or Advanced Menus as to what is breaking my wifi authentication...
    Should be fairly easy to test which one by removing one by one and see if it helps. Not sure what you mean by wifi authentication, don't think that any patch can effect the authentication itself.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I posted another thread...happened on my UK pre3 previously and I had to go unpatched, reboot and toggle the wifi sleep mode to get it working again. Ugh.
    Removed advanced reset, reboot, no change...still have Internalz Pro and your framework/mode/device patches installed...sigh. I think I might have had to doctor the last time...

Edit: by wifi authentication I mean connect to WPA2/PSK encrypted WLAN that I use all the time.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  17.    #637  
    I posted another thread...happened on my UK pre3 previously and I had to go unpatched, reboot and toggle the wifi sleep mode to get it working again. Ugh.
    Removed advanced reset, reboot, no change...still have Internalz Pro and your framework/mode/device patches installed...sigh. I think I might have had to doctor the last time...

Edit: by wifi authentication I mean connect to WPA2/PSK encrypted WLAN that I use all the time.
    Ah I see, well I really doubt that patches could break that. Sounds more like a kernel/hw issue.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I think I've found the culprit and it's mode-switcher.
    I have a mode I call "no data" that I've used when I'm overseas (on my Veer) so I don't run up big data bills or at night so I don't receive emails that wake me up. In it I disable all data and force 2G. This allows me to receive text message and phone calls but blocks emails, etc.

Well that's what I used last night and this morning when I deactivated it, Wifi was busted.

On a whim I re-enabled it and, with that mode activated, I enabled wifi...and authenticated immediately.

I think there is something happening when activating and deactivating that mode...
  19.    #639  
    I think I've found the culprit and it's mode-switcher.
    I have a mode I call "no data" that I've used when I'm overseas (on my Veer) so I don't run up big data bills or at night so I don't receive emails that wake me up. In it I disable all data and force 2G. This allows me to receive text message and phone calls but blocks emails, etc.

Well that's what I used last night and this morning when I deactivated it, Wifi was busted.

On a whim I re-enabled it and, with that mode activated, I enabled wifi...and authenticated immediately.

I think there is something happening when activating and deactivating that mode...
    Oh well that is possible, all the network settings can have a varying results when used in MS. I mean depending on the device/webOS installation etc. how well those network settings work. Its really odd webOS bug, since MS uses the exact same API's than for example system menus / other apps. But I guess the problem is that when a mode changes multiple network settings that can cause a problem for the network subsystem in webOS. So you want to minimize the network settings changes in your mode to make it work better. I have tried many things to make it better for MS, but haven't found any solution that would work for all. I.e. always some chagnes work better for other and worse to others. And since I am not seeing the problem, i.e. my device works well with those settings I haven't properly been able to diagnose/test what is the real reason.

So if MS gets your wifi stuck, then disabling MS and reboot should get it always back in working shape.

EDIT: most likely the network change between 2g/3g can be something that your device does not like happening at the same time when wifi state is changes as well.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/21/2011 at 08:21 AM.
    Makes sense. In English we tend to use block for both sides,

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: