Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I had looked for the settings, but they are not very self explanatory. Anyhow, these should do fine for now. Thank you.
    This can help in the meantime...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2.    #582  
    Received my dev touchpad today, expect prefs patches some day on next week

The revised phone prefs patch coming to 2.x in a day or two. Also couple small bug fixes/changes for other patches.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thank you for your efforts on making the palm phone a perfect device! I love the useful prefs so much! But during the usage(advanced system prefs phone), I found that when the blocked contact (the each person setting not the unknown contact setting) is set to "alert normally" from action "hang up automatically" and the person is calling me, the ringtone won't work normally. I have to delete the contact data and creat a new and same one to make it work normally.
    Also I suggest symbols for each blocked person in the contact list interface to make it easy to see wether the contact is blocked or not.
    Thank you for your effects again!!!!!!!!!!
    Since the last set of updates to the 'Advanced' patches on the Pre3, there seem to be some charging issues that have developed. Now at times, when I put the Pre3 on the Touchstone, it will not charge beyond 64%-68%. This is even after charging overnight. The issue is then resolved, by restarting the Pre3. This phenomenon, I used to also face with my Pre+ updated to webOS 2.1.0. I'm sorry I cannot pinpoint which particular 'Advanced' patch could be responsible. But the only updates I have made before the issue surfaced, are updates to the 'Advanced' patches.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #585  
    Since the last set of updates to the 'Advanced' patches on the Pre3, there seem to be some charging issues that have developed. Now at times, when I put the Pre3 on the Touchstone, it will not charge beyond 64%-68%. This is even after charging overnight. The issue is then resolved, by restarting the Pre3. This phenomenon, I used to also face with my Pre+ updated to webOS 2.1.0. I'm sorry I cannot pinpoint which particular 'Advanced' patch could be responsible. But the only updates I have made before the issue surfaced, are updates to the 'Advanced' patches.
    I can not see how patches could effect charging. Really patches can not touch such deep functions of the phone as charging. I have seen phone getting into situation where it does not accept charge (never while charging though) but thats not because of patches. I don't know the reason, but it really can not be the patches. Charging is handled by the low level code in the device which can not be affected by the patches.

Of course if you mean that the device still charges, but the percentage does not update then its possible that some patch causes the problem of the system UI to crash, but I doubt its the advanced patches. Sure it can be combination of advanced patch and some other patch. If this happens to you so that you notice it happening then please called all /var/log/messages* files and send them to me.

So can you verify that when the charging stopped and you kept it overnight, and when you restarted phone it still was at ~64%? If yes then I am 200% sure thats its not the patches. Only kernel should have any effect on the charging code, other above that really can not screw up the charging.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by xibie3256 View Post
    Thank you for your efforts on making the palm phone a perfect device! I love the useful prefs so much! But during the usage(advanced system prefs phone), I found that when the blocked contact (the each person setting not the unknown contact setting) is set to "alert normally" from action "hang up automatically" and the person is calling me, the ringtone won't work normally. I have to delete the contact data and creat a new and same one to make it work normally.
    Also I suggest symbols for each blocked person in the contact list interface to make it easy to see wether the contact is blocked or not.
    Thank you for your effects again!!!!!!!!!!
    I will test this before releasing the updates today, if you still get this with the new versions that I release today then please let me know again. I think that I fixed this bug already, but will make sure. Can you just tell me that you mean 2.1.x versions right? And not the pre3 2.2.0 version. The symbol idea is good, I will add it in todo list.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Of course if you mean that the device still charges, but the percentage does not update then its possible that some patch causes the problem of the system UI to crash, but I doubt its the advanced patches. Sure it can be combination of advanced patch and some other patch. If this happens to you so that you notice it happening then please called all /var/log/messages* files and send them to me.

So can you verify that when the charging stopped and you kept it overnight, and when you restarted phone it still was at ~64%? If yes then I am 200% sure thats its not the patches. Only kernel should have any effect on the charging code, other above that really can not screw up the charging.
    The reason I posted here was because, as I mentioned earlier, the problem appeared only after the last bunch of 'Advanced patches' updates, prior to the updates today. Also, I had faced similiar issues with my Pre+ on webOS 2.1.0. After doctoring back to webOS 1.4.5 the problem is no more on the Pre+. As for the Pre3, it is running with the stock kernel and the problem only appeared for the first time two days ago and although maybe coincidently, but only after the 'Advanced' patches updates. As for the charge level after restarting, YES the charge shown is still 64-68% and after restarting, the phone does start recharging again. One more thing I forgot to mention earlier. The phone does become very hot when the charging gets stuck at 64%-68%. THe heating up suggests to me that thephoen is constantly trying to charge the battery but for some reason it does not.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #588  
    The reason I posted here was because, as I mentioned earlier, the problem appeared only after the last bunch of 'Advanced patches' updates, prior to the updates today. Also, I had faced similiar issues with my Pre+ on webOS 2.1.0. After doctoring back to webOS 1.4.5 the problem is no more on the Pre+. As for the Pre3, it is running with the stock kernel and the problem only appeared for the first time two days ago and although maybe coincidently, but only after the 'Advanced' patches updates. As for the charge level after restarting, YES the charge shown is still 64-68% and after restarting, the phone does start recharging again. One more thing I forgot to mention earlier. The phone does become very hot when the charging gets stuck at 64%-68%. THe heating up suggests to me that thephoen is constantly trying to charge the battery but for some reason it does not.
    Ah but with that info I think that something gets stuck in your phone causing it to heat up and the charging is cut by the temperature failsafe. Since you can not charge phone if its too hot since charging heats up the phone as well. So you most likely have some application or some background process eating all CPU. And with that info I don't think patches are the fault, more likely something else.
    Great! The new version works normally on my pre2(webos 2.1.0)! Thank you very much!
    But I still don't understand why the patch has never included the "on call notification" prefs like 通话震动提醒补丁- 设置选项 - 1.4.5 - webOS通用软件及汉化 - 吹友吧(Pre,Pixi,webOS) - Powered by Discuz!, which is developed by othes and works only with 1.4.5 on the base of your patch for 1.4.5. I think these are very useful function when calling others, because we don't have to put the phone on our ears or keep watching the screen for waiting.
    In some forums, there appears beta callrecord patch for pixi. It is sure that in the near future, a comprehensive patch with all the wonderful funtions will appear. I am so excited whenever I look forward to a comprehensive and perfect palm phone device!
    Thank you for all of your efforts!
    Hi, I got a AT&T Veer from eBay, then unlock it and finally can use it in HK. But after I installed the latest Advanced system prefs framework, my Veer can't reject the unwanted call like my Pre2. Both phones are sync to my Google contacts.

Any suggestion please ?

Thanks and have a good day !
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by oillau View Post
    Hi, I got a AT&T Veer from eBay, then unlock it and finally can use it in HK. But after I installed the latest Advanced system prefs framework, my Veer can't reject the unwanted call like my Pre2. Both phones are sync to my Google contacts.

Any suggestion please ?

Thanks and have a good day !
    What do you mean by reject unwanted call like your Pre2?
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by xibie3256 View Post
    Great! The new version works normally on my pre2(webos 2.1.0)! Thank you very much!
    But I still don't understand why the patch has never included the "on call notification" prefs like 通话震动提醒补丁- 设置选项 - 1.4.5 - webOS通用软件及汉化 - 吹友吧(Pre,Pixi,webOS) - Powered by Discuz!, which is developed by othes and works only with 1.4.5 on the base of your patch for 1.4.5. I think these are very useful function when calling others, because we don't have to put the phone on our ears or keep watching the screen for waiting.
    In some forums, there appears beta callrecord patch for pixi. It is sure that in the near future, a comprehensive patch with all the wonderful funtions will appear. I am so excited whenever I look forward to a comprehensive and perfect palm phone device!
    Thank you for all of your efforts!
    I try to add the on call vibrate notification at some point, since it is annoying to here the sound yes, but it happens so rarely that this is not high on my todo list.
    Would I be right in saying that the updated 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs' patch for the Pre3 has removed the option to 'end call on slider close'? Or has it just disappered on mine only?!
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanjameshill View Post
    Would I be right in saying that the updated 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs' patch for the Pre3 has removed the option to 'end call on slider close'? Or has it just disappered on mine only?!
    Those options can now be found from Tweaks. I wanted to move some not so important options to there so that the prefs scene wont get over cluttered with options.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What do you mean by reject unwanted call like your Pre2?
    Hi sconix, I use Advanced System Prefs Framework to reject unknown numbers and it work perfectly on my Pre2.

I use same setting in my new Veer and seems not work. What can I do ?

FYR, my Veer is running 2.1.2.

Thanks for your help and have a good day !
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    For the messaging patch which one do you pick if you have a sprint franken pre 2.

I see for vzw one not specific and the veer
  17.    #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    For the messaging patch which one do you pick if you have a sprint franken pre 2.

I see for vzw one not specific and the veer
    The normal one (without any tags).
  18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by oillau View Post
    Hi sconix, I use Advanced System Prefs Framework to reject unknown numbers and it work perfectly on my Pre2.

I use same setting in my new Veer and seems not work. What can I do ?

FYR, my Veer is running 2.1.2.

Thanks for your help and have a good day !
    Well you need the phone prefs patch as well. The framework only adds the configuration part.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    so the messaging patch allows to add personal text message ring tones correct?
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    so the messaging patch allows to add personal text message ring tones correct?
    Yes, and you really want to install all the advanced patches, its not like they will do any harm/changes that you don't want. I.e. they are configurable. But at least you need always the framework patch.