Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Is it possible that you would make all these patches a single multimod patch? Similar to the 1.4.5 version?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is it possible that you would make all these patches a single multimod patch? Similar to the 1.4.5 version?
    Its not that big difference to install 6 than install 1. The reason why I have divided the patch into 6 logical parts is the size of the patch. The patches contain over 15k lines now and if made into one big patch the updating would take always many minutes most likely at least with the Pre-. Now when the patch is divided I can always release new features for one of the patch and updating the patch is much faster due to the reduced size. So I won't be doing a single big patch since I don't see it being sensible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Drop me a PM if you need someone to test on a EU Pre 2 or EU Pre minus
    Hi,
    I can't install the Advanced Systems Press Framework no matter what I do. I have tried EPRing the device but no luck.

All other patches in the Advanced family install.

Any ideas anyone?

Help greatly appreciated,
    Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Errors for me too when installing the framework. Running Sprint Pre meta-doctored to 2.1.0.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Hi,
    I can't install the Advanced Systems Press Framework no matter what I do. I have tried EPRing the device but no luck.

All other patches in the Advanced family install.

Any ideas anyone?

Help greatly appreciated,
    Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Errors for me too when installing the framework. Running Sprint Pre meta-doctored to 2.1.0.
    I guess you are talking about the alpha versions, I noticed that there is difference between pre2 and pre 2.1.0 versions so that my patch wont install. I need to make separate versions of the framework patch. But the current version will install to Sprint meta doctored 2.1.0 since I have it also and no problems to install. But for pre2 you will need an updated version which I put out soon.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Not sure if you know about this bug:

When notification on Touchstone is set to mute, banner notifications are disabled for incoming SMS messages. There is still a sound and vibrate, just no banner.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Not sure if you know about this bug:

When notification on Touchstone is set to mute, banner notifications are disabled for incoming SMS messages. There is still a sound and vibrate, just no banner.
    Could you be bit more specific? What do you mean by notification on touchstone, the charging alert setting perhaps? And if you mean that when that is set to mute the banner for incoming SMS wont show but if set to anything else they do show. Sound something very strangy, I don't see how those too things can be connected. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Could you be bit more specific? What do you mean by notification on touchstone, the charging alert setting perhaps? And if you mean that when that is set to mute the banner for incoming SMS wont show but if set to anything else they do show. Sound something very strangy, I don't see how those too things can be connected. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.
    Yea, you got it. I'm not sure how they are connected either, but it's what's happening.

I'm using your advanced system prefs for 2.1, btw
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Well found my problem was a top bar patch. Had to remove all top bar patches in order to install Advanced. I got installed but cannot "see" any of the features. Has anyone confirmed this works on Sprint Pre- running meta-doctored 2.1.0 ?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    sconix can you add the new card feature to the message preference patch? I tried to make a patch to add it but your patch changes so much.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix can you add the new card feature to the message preference patch? I tried to make a patch to add it but your patch changes so much.
    That would be nice, but it still needs some tweaking IMO
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Yea, you got it. I'm not sure how they are connected either, but it's what's happening.

I'm using your advanced system prefs for 2.1, btw
    I cannot reproduce this, for me everything works as it should. And at least the patch should not touch anything related to that. And the charger alert sound has nothing to do with messaging app so what you are experiencing is strange. But well WebOS 2.1 still has lots of tiny bugs so its most likely on of those. If I experience it or someone reports steps to reproduce it at some point I will fix it. The adv sys prefs patches already contains ~5-6 fixes for WebOS bugs and will add more when I find bugs related to the apps that these patches change.
  14.    #54  
    I am already planning advanced system features patch and for that this would fit, but not for the adv sys prefs patches. But first I need to finish MS 2.0.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Well found my problem was a top bar patch. Had to remove all top bar patches in order to install Advanced. I got installed but cannot "see" any of the features. Has anyone confirmed this works on Sprint Pre- running meta-doctored 2.1.0 ?
    Yes the patches work on meta-doctored 2.1.0. Just see the wiki how to configure the menus. And make sure that the framework patch is installed or otherwise the other menu patches wont work properly.
    I didn't even notice that was gone until reading this, bummer :-/
  17.    #57  
    The advanced system prefs patches should soon hit Preware (witin hour or two). It has taken bit longer due to me waiting 2.1 to get released and due to the fact that where 1.x version were mainly collection of other patches and mine, the 2.x versions are fully made by me. Hopefully people find these patches useful. I am planning already for next patch in the advanced category which will be advanced system features patch. First I finish MS 2.0 though.

Please donate if you like these patches since they took lot of effort to get them to this point. I am still jobless so every donation is really appreciated.

The wiki will get most likely updated in the upcoming weeks, until that try to figure out the options or ask here in the forum. The most of the features are from the 1.x version so the old wiki should give you a pretty good picture what is what. Below I try to list some of the new stuff for help.

- In contacts app preferences there are toggles for unknown numbers and blocked numbers, these control what callers are considered as unknown contacts and hence applied the unknown contacts notification settings. The SMS/Email unknown notification apply to SMS/Email notifications when received from a person not in your contacts.

- In phone app preferences the on dial select controls that is the pressing of dial button required for all dialouts or is the number dialed automatically (the normal behavior of WebOS).

- The on proximity setting is the old automatic speakerphone activation setting, but now it also works with bluetooth connections. So if you are talking to handsfree system in the car (while phone on TS for example) and take the phone to your ear it will automatically switch to the phone speaker. And when taken off back to bluetooth. If no bluetooth connection was present when answered then the switch is done to the speakerphone. Now the speakerphone is not activated on phone answer (not even with delay) so to get it to go to speakerphone just wave your hand over the proximity sensor and you get the speakerphone. The one downside of this feature currently is that it wont work if you use bluetooth when the phone is in your pocket etc where the screen does not stay on so if you use those then leave this disabled. The reason is that the proximity sensor is tied to display state and at least I am not aware of how to separate normal display off from the proximity display off.

And just to remind that you need the framework patch, the others are optional, but I recommend to install all (thats how they are designed). Notice that there are 4 versions of the framework patch so install the correct one. The normal is for pre2's and then there is the legacy version which is for older pre's running 2.1.0. And for both patches there is the VZW version that should install with all the rest than WR releases.
    I'll be getting the wiki page for these updated as quickly as possible. As Sconix pointed out, most of the stuff can be found on the wiki page for the 1.x version of the patches.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It appears I have uncovered a potential bug (or maybe just me)

This is in email. When I disable notifications for an account, I can not longer access the preferences for that account to turn notifications back on.

I noticed first on an account without notifications, that I could not access preferences but then I disabled notifications on another account (both gmail btw) and then could not access preferences for that account.

As always, thanks for the great work. What awesome patches.
    Dan
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    It appears I have uncovered a potential bug (or maybe just me)

This is in email. When I disable notifications for an account, I can not longer access the preferences for that account to turn notifications back on.

I noticed first on an account without notifications, that I could not access preferences but then I disabled notifications on another account (both gmail btw) and then could not access preferences for that account.

As always, thanks for the great work. What awesome patches.
    You are right I can reproduce this, will release an fixed version and test that this is not the case with messaging also.
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast