Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 943
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    Don't know whether this has been mentioned before ...

    On the veer with advanced email prefs installed the 'blink notification' does not work.I.e. the gesture area does not blink when an email arrives while the device is on standby. Sound is playing though and the the blinking notifications work just fine for text messages and calendar reminder notifications.
    Works for me, I use Veer as my main phone and the blink works. Do you have the 2.1.2 or 2.1.1 and is it that you never get the blink? And you do have enabled the blink in screen and lock settings?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Works for me, I use Veer as my main phone and the blink works. Do you have the 2.1.2 or 2.1.1 and is it that you never get the blink? And you do have enabled the blink in screen and lock settings?
    It's 2.1.1. Blink notification are enabled in screen settings and are working just fine for sms and calendar notifications but never for arriving email.

    I uninstalled the email pref patch and the related framework patch and notifications are working again so the problem was caused by these patches somehow.
    Last edited by guma; 09/03/2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: edit
  3. #543  
    Hi there,

    I think there is a little Problem with "Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs".

    From the point on, I installed this patch on my Pre3 webOS 2.2, the display always turns black after the amount of time I set in the options, when I watch a Flash-Video in the Browser. That's really annyoing. Removing the patch did not help. Perhaps a broblem with the fallback?

    Do you have any information about this problem? All your other patches are working fine so far, thank you.

    I don't want to doctor my Pre after just two days of usage. Sry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker.
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Mille-T View Post
    Hi there,

    I think there is a little Problem with "Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs".

    From the point on, I installed this patch on my Pre3 webOS 2.2, the display always turns black after the amount of time I set in the options, when I watch a Flash-Video in the Browser. That's really annyoing. Removing the patch did not help. Perhaps a broblem with the fallback?

    Do you have any information about this problem? All your other patches are working fine so far, thank you.

    I don't want to doctor my Pre after just two days of usage. Sry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker.
    If the removing of the patch won't help then its not the patch. The Pre3/webOS 2.2 has problems with its screen brightness control at least so it can be related to that problem. If it still happens when you uninstall all patches then its that, but if you can narrow it down to a single patch (i.e. not working when installed, working when not) then let me know and I look into it.

    If the browser/flash works as I think, i.e. they block the screen timeout when watching flash then my patches should not have any effect on that functionality.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    It's 2.1.1. Blink notification are enabled in screen settings and are working just fine for sms and calendar notifications but never for arriving email.

    I uninstalled the email pref patch and the related framework patch and notifications are working again so the problem was caused by these patches somehow.
    I can now verify this, not sure why its not working though. The blink notification is requested by the email app but its not honored by webOS. I will do some tests.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can now verify this, not sure why its not working though. The blink notification is requested by the email app but its not honored by webOS. I will do some tests.
    The culprit here is the framework patch. Installing this (without installing any of the other other related patches) kills the email blink notifications on my device. Without the framework patch installed the blink notifications work as expected.
  7. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #547  
    I just finished seting up my new Pre3, and saw all your advanced patches are already there: awesome!
    Thank you very much.

    I just donated, and encourage everyone on this forum to do the same, right now, here.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    The culprit here is the framework patch. Installing this (without installing any of the other other related patches) kills the email blink notifications on my device. Without the framework patch installed the blink notifications work as expected.
    Well thats intended. I.e. how all of it works is that the framework patch disables the blink from the webOS framework since normally webOS puts blink on everytime a dashboard is created. Then the email prefs patch adds the blink notification code into the email app. I just verified that the blink was requested by the email app correctly but webOS ignored it. But now after luna restart and no changes to code the blink is working again for me. So there is nothing wrong with the patch, its just webOS ignoring the request for some reason. The only difference how this works without the patches and with the patches is that the blink request is send one function later with the patches. So I suspect that the blink might not always work even without the patches, i.e. this is a webOS sleep/timeout etc. issue or something gets "stuck". Since really the difference with/without the patches installed is minuscule (I mean code vice).

    Could you test with the patch installed again and see if it works, if not then try restarting phone and see again. I will monitor / test this more as well, but now its working for me again all the time.

    EDIT: it also looks like restart needed after changing the blink notification setting in the email preferences. So there is something wrong with the code at least. Did you restart after changing the blink setting to on in the email notification preferences?
    Last edited by sconix; 09/03/2011 at 03:10 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9.    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just finished seting up my new Pre3, and saw all your advanced patches are already there: awesome!
    Thank you very much.

    I just donated, and encourage everyone on this forum to do the same, right now, here.
    Well not yet, all the patches I mean, the phone prefs patch is still under work. I'll try to get it ready by Monday / Tuesday.

    And I can not thank enough for the donation, they are always really appreciated.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post

    Could you test with the patch installed again and see if it works, if not then try restarting phone and see again. I will monitor / test this more as well, but now its working for me again all the time.

    EDIT: it also looks like restart needed after changing the blink notification setting in the email preferences. So there is something wrong with the code at least. Did you restart after changing the blink setting to on in the email notification preferences?
    Did test it again and it instantly and consistently does not blink as soon as the patches are installed. Restarting the phone does not help either. I had these patches installed for about two weeks and the blink notifications never worked. So it does not seem to be an intermittent problem on my device.
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    Did test it again and it instantly and consistently does not blink as soon as the patches are installed. Restarting the phone does not help either. I had these patches installed for about two weeks and the blink notifications never worked. So it does not seem to be an intermittent problem on my device.
    Ok, there is definitely something wrong somewhere. Since I just added the debug logging that tells me that the blink setting is changed on the fly but still the blink works as it pleases i.e. it only starts working after luna restart. So something is wrong, once I get this fixed for me I release an update and lets see if that fixes your problem as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    Did test it again and it instantly and consistently does not blink as soon as the patches are installed. Restarting the phone does not help either. I had these patches installed for about two weeks and the blink notifications never worked. So it does not seem to be an intermittent problem on my device.
    I just pushed a 151 update for the email prefs veer patch. Now it works perfectly for me, let me know how it works for you and please try toggle the blink setting off/on if it does not work. Also if it does not work let me know if you have any other email patches. The patch should show up in Preware within half an hour.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I just pushed a 151 update for the email prefs veer patch. Now it works perfectly for me, let me know how it works for you and please try toggle the blink setting off/on if it does not work. Also if it does not work let me know if you have any other email patches. The patch should show up in Preware within half an hour.
    Thanks for your efforts ... but it's still not working (even after toggling the settings and rebooting the phone).

    Other email patches installed are:
    - delete email from dashboard (very handy feature, by the way)
    - save attachments to downloads folder

    But, if I remember correctly, I installed both of these after the advanced patches and after the blinking stopped working.
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    Thanks for your efforts ... but it's still not working (even after toggling the settings and rebooting the phone).

    Other email patches installed are:
    - delete email from dashboard (very handy feature, by the way)
    - save attachments to downloads folder

    But, if I remember correctly, I installed both of these after the advanced patches and after the blinking stopped working.
    Well then I am out of ideas, since it works for me and I have the same 2.1.1 on my Veer. So could you send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com so I can send you a debug version so we get the logs and see where the problem is.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. #555  
    Hi, I am pretty amazed how quick you released your patches for the Pre3. Thanks!

    I can now report one problem with the "Advanced System Prefs - Framework". As soon as I install it, I can no longer set a ringtone for a contact. When I edit a contact and press the ringtone field, nothing happens (no scene for ringtone selection).

    So I removed all the Advanced System Prefs patches again from my Pre3.

    Max
  16. #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If the removing of the patch won't help then its not the patch. The Pre3/webOS 2.2 has problems with its screen brightness control at least so it can be related to that problem. If it still happens when you uninstall all patches then its that, but if you can narrow it down to a single patch (i.e. not working when installed, working when not) then let me know and I look into it.

    If the browser/flash works as I think, i.e. they block the screen timeout when watching flash then my patches should not have any effect on that functionality.
    Hi,

    I could narrow it down to a single patch. I uninstalled all patches and the behaviour disappeared. So I tried to install one patch after another and tested the flashplugin. I think the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" is the "Badguy". I tried it out several times with a few luna restarts and full reboots. Everytime the same. Patch installed: Black screen while using flash in the browser, Patch not installed: Flash works as it should.

    I hope this helps.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17.    #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Hi, I am pretty amazed how quick you released your patches for the Pre3. Thanks!

    I can now report one problem with the "Advanced System Prefs - Framework". As soon as I install it, I can no longer set a ringtone for a contact. When I edit a contact and press the ringtone field, nothing happens (no scene for ringtone selection).

    So I removed all the Advanced System Prefs patches again from my Pre3.

    Max
    There should not be the ringtone field, what language are you using? so I can check it. The setting should be under the other per contact notification settings (the bell icon/button on the contact page).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There should not be the ringtone field, what language are you using so I can check it. The setting is under the other per contact notification settings (the bell icon/button on the contact page).
    I am using webOS 2.2 in German.

    Weird. On the bell button page I did not see where I could select a ringtone. Let me know if I can assist you with some test.

    Max
  19.    #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Mille-T View Post
    Hi,

    I could narrow it down to a single patch. I uninstalled all patches and the behaviour disappeared. So I tried to install one patch after another and tested the flashplugin. I think the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" is the "Badguy". I tried it out several times with a few luna restarts and full reboots. Everytime the same. Patch installed: Black screen while using flash in the browser, Patch not installed: Flash works as it should.

    I hope this helps.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I will test this, but feels strange since the patch really does not touch any browser stuff. I will get back to you with this one so keep your eye on the thread
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    I am using webOS 2.2 in German.

    Weird. On the bell button page I did not see where I could select a ringtone. Let me know if I can assist you with some test.

    Max
    Well it should be the very first option on that page, well let me test this now, it can be the language that I have forgot to patch the german page. Since there has been some changes with 2.2. regarding the language stuff so I may have missed some.

    EDIT: so at least I have the phone call option on the bell page as it should be there for setting a ringtone for a phone call. Then I can verify that the rigntone row remains on the contact edit page. Will release an update that removes it. Just note that only the ringtone setting works on the bell icon page until I get the phone prefs patch ready (mon/tue most likely) so the directo to voicemail/hangup options wont work. Only the ring normally option with specific ringtone since its a basic webOS feature.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/03/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions