Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Did anyone notice that when the Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs patch is installed, it removes the feature gained by the Add Audio to SMS?

I tried reversing the order in which both patches are installed and both times, I loose the ability to add audio to SMS.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPsystems View Post
    Did anyone notice that when the Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs patch is installed, it removes the feature gained by the Add Audio to SMS?

I tried reversing the order in which both patches are installed and both times, I loose the ability to add audio to SMS.
    That just means that the patches are incompatible with each other.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    OK, now that I have learned to read more carewfilly and have the ADV patches properly installed (on my VZW 2.1 Pre 2 ......

Two enhancements desired for the Email Prefs patch:

1. Add an option to yes/no on displaying "Send this email"

In my case that question brings a flash of "mother"
    - of course I want to send it- I pressed send did I not?

2. Work with pcworld on getting your (yours and his) patches in synch
    so users can have his Auto-bcc and your goodies, too.
    Right now I have opted for the bcc patch as it saves me time and effort.

Both these requests are derived from the day of palm-os and it's "minimal-taps-is-the-best" mantra.

Any help would be appreciated - GREATLY.

Hopefully this has not already been discussed, etc - I did skim ove 25 "pages" of posts, as a new comer to 2.1 (VZW is slow!).
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    OK, now that I have learned to read more carewfilly and have the ADV patches properly installed (on my VZW 2.1 Pre 2 ......

Both these requests are derived from the day of palm-os and it's "minimal-taps-is-the-best" mantra.

Hopefully this has not already been discussed, etc - I did skim ove 25 "pages" of posts, as a new comer to 2.1 (VZW is slow!).
    For the 1) I have no idea what you mean, if I press send email it is sent no questions asked. For the 2) I could have a look at the bcc patch and see if I can alter it so that it is compatible. It should be fairly easy most likely.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Pre3 webOSDoctor now available!!!! http://t.co/LKWHkZQ Discovered by @vasthegreek
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Pre3 webOSDoctor now available!!!! http://t.co/LKWHkZQ Discovered by @vasthegreek
    All the advanced patches except phone prefs will go into preware feed today. I am still rewriting the phone prefs patch so its going to take couple days to get it ready / tested. Please consider donating if you like (I am not just talking to you, just saying generally ) my patches and have a pre3 since updating the patches to a new webOS version is never a small task, for example now the phone app has been re-written in enyo so I need to make my patch all over again.
  7.    #527  

I will be releasing update for email prefs patch soon which will install with the auto bcc patch. Enjoy, and don't forget to donate if you like my work.
    @sconix:
    If you haven't figured out yourself already:
    The conflict with the auto-bcc patch can be resolved if you would change the patches on the accountpreferences scene files.

Currently, you modify them that way:
    Code:
    --- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    +++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    @@ -41,7 +41,7 @@
     	    <div id="edit-account-mail-format-selector" class="row single" x-mojo-element="ListSelector"></div>
     	</div>
     </div-->
    -
    +<!--
     <div class="palm-group">
     	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>New Message</div>
     	<div id="edit-account-new-message-list" class="palm-list">
    @@ -70,6 +70,19 @@
     		</div>
     	</div>
     </div>
    +-->
    +<div id="edit-account-reply-to" class="palm-group">
    +	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>Reply-To Address</div>
    +	<div id="edit-account-reply-to-list" class="palm-list">
    +		<div class="palm-row single">
    +			<div class="palm-row-wrapper textfield-group" x-mojo-focus-highlight="true">
    +				<div class="title">
    +					<div id="reply-to" x-mojo-element="TextField"></div>          
    +				</div>
    +			</div>
    +		</div>
    +	</div>
    +</div>

<div id="edit-account-signature" class="palm-group">
     	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>Signature</div>
    That would have the same result and it wouldn't conflict with the auto-bcc patch:
    Code:
    --- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    +++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html
    @@ -42,6 +42,7 @@
     	</div>
     </div-->

+<!--
     <div class="palm-group">
    @@ -83,6 +84,7 @@
     		</div>  
     	</div> 
     </div>
    +-->

<div id="edit-account-reply-to" class="palm-group">
     	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>Reply-To Address</div>
    Note there are just two plus-commands in this diff.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  9.    #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @sconix:
    If you haven't figured out yourself already:
    The conflict with the auto-bcc patch can be resolved if you would change the patches on the accountpreferences scene files.

Currently, you modify them that way:
    Code:
    @@ -41,7 +41,7 @@
     	    <div id="edit-account-mail-format-selector" class="row single" x-mojo-element="ListSelector"></div>
     	</div>
     </div-->
    -
    +<!--
     <div class="palm-group">
    @@ -70,6 +70,19 @@
     		</div>
     	</div>
     </div>
    +-->
    +<div id="edit-account-reply-to" class="palm-group">
    +	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>Reply-To Address</div>
    +	<div id="edit-account-reply-to-list" class="palm-list">
    +		<div class="palm-row single">
    +			<div class="palm-row-wrapper textfield-group" x-mojo-focus-highlight="true">
    +				<div class="title">
    +					<div id="reply-to" x-mojo-element="TextField"></div>          
    +				</div>
    +			</div>
    +		</div>
    +	</div>
    +</div>

<div id="edit-account-signature" class="palm-group">
     	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>Signature</div>
    That would have the same result and it wouldn't conflict with the auto-bcc patch:
    Code:
    @@ -42,6 +42,7 @@
     	</div>
     </div-->

+<!--
     <div class="palm-group">
    @@ -83,6 +84,7 @@
     		</div>  
     	</div> 
     </div>
    +-->

<div id="edit-account-reply-to" class="palm-group">
     	<div class="palm-group-title" x-mojo-loc=''>Reply-To Address</div>
    Note there are just two plus-commands in this diff.
    Yes this is the change I did, the extra diff was an old left over in the patch. I.e. something that was not needed anymore. The latest version from preware is now compatible with the auto-bcc patch.
    Still the same in build 149, not compatible. Patch code on accountpreferences-scene.html seems to not have been changed.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Still the same in build 149, not compatible. Patch code on accountpreferences-scene.html seems to not have been changed.
    Sorry forgot to say the version, the new version is 150, but something is delaying the auto builder and the patch is not showing up in the feed even it should have already. It should be there soon though.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I had to uninstall the messaging patch because it killed my sms alerts. I had no sound or notifications.
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    I had to uninstall the messaging patch because it killed my sms alerts. I had no sound or notifications.
    That just means that you have installation problems either with the framework or the messaging patch. Many users have installed advanced system menus framework and not the preferences framework by an accident. There are no known bugs with the patches for a long time, i.e. no one has reported any problems in about an half an year. So the problem usually is installation problem or that you have some conflicting patch installed.
    Thanks sconix, the latest e-mail prefs patch is compatible with auto-bcc.
    Don't know whether this has been mentioned before ...

On the veer with advanced email prefs installed the 'blink notification' does not work.I.e. the gesture area does not blink when an email arrives while the device is on standby. Sound is playing though and the the blinking notifications work just fine for text messages and calendar reminder notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Is there an option for vibrate+system sound? Similar to Nokia sms alerts
    As the wiki shows, those are just individual settings. There is no combo at this time.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For the 1) I have no idea what you mean, if I press send email it is sent no questions asked. For the 2) I could have a look at the bcc patch and see if I can alter it so that it is compatible. It should be fairly easy most likely.
    A. THANKS FOR THE CHANGES TO PERMIT CO-EXISTENCE WITH AUTO-BCC - installed latest version of your email-pref patch and all is fine with world's auto-bcc patch.

B. With all of your Advanced patches installed (except the one for calendar - am using UberCal port patch) and no other email patches installed (except auto-CBC) whenever I compose an email and press the SEND button, I get the "Send This message?
    A. THANKS FOR THE CHANGES TO PERMIT CO-EXISTENCE WITH AUTO-BCC - installed latest version of your email-pref patch and all is fine with world's auto-bcc patch.

B. With all of your Advanced patches installed (except the one for calendar - am using UberCal port patch) and no other email patches installed (except auto-CBC) whenever I compose an email and press the SEND button, I get the "Send This message?
    continuing after TP too sensitive send .....

I always get the "Send This Message?" dialogue box with yes / No option.

This behavior is what I was asking you to make a pref - ask or not-ask.

Have doubled checked everything - and it happens every time.

I will go thru the other email patches and see if there is one that will work to fix w/o conflict with your adv patches
    Discovered the problem - when I went thru the EPR process to remove conflicts with adv-patches and then did subsequent testing the last attempt to remove emal-mega-mix did not work - as I discovered when trying to add it back -- it was the culprit adding the above mentioned "send this message".

have recovered and now I see the same behavior on send as you see.

THANKS AGAIN - SORRY FOR THE SIDE TRACKS (sloppy work and checking on my part - wasting your tkme).
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    All the advanced patches except phone prefs will go into preware feed today. I am still rewriting the phone prefs patch so its going to take couple days to get it ready / tested. Please consider donating if you like (I am not just talking to you, just saying generally ) my patches and have a pre3 since updating the patches to a new webOS version is never a small task, for example now the phone app has been re-written in enyo so I need to make my patch all over again.
    Pre3 arrived today. I'm just setting everything up.
    Donation tomorrow.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.