Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #501  
    Updated system prefs framework for verizon should be soon in the feed...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I tried updating the Verizon Patch and I got an error.
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I tried updating the Verizon Patch and I got an error.
    Are you running Verizon 2.1.0? If not then the VZW patch is not for you. I updated it to install on Verizon 2.1.0 so it wont install on any other 2.1.0 anymore. Use the none VZW version if you have some other 2.1.0 version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Are you running Verizon 2.1.0? If not then the VZW patch is not for you. I updated it to install on Verizon 2.1.0 so it wont install on any other 2.1.0 anymore. Use the none VZW version if you have some other 2.1.0 version.
    Worked for me. Thanks for the update, I appreciate it!
    Im running the Verizon 2.1 meta doctor. I have always used the patches labled with the VZW and they worked fine. Something odd happened though. I already had the framework patch installed and when trying to update, it seemed to uninstall it. Unless thats what it was supposed to do when trying to update. The VZW patch didnt work when trying to install again but the regular one did and all is working. Is this the only VZW patch that wont work on Meta Doctors now?
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Sconix, I updated my VZW Pre2 to 2.1.0 yesterday. The first thing I did was to install all of your patches that I missed so much since I upgraded from Plus to 2 running 1.4.1. The phone dialer did not work. I could enter numbers, but would not dial. Same with using favorites, contacts, or anything else. The only numbers that could be dialed where those starting with * to call Verizon support or customer service, etc.

Once I removed the Phone prefs - VZW patch, everything went back to normal.
    Just for your information, as I am sure you are figuring things out. Every other patch is working fine for me now, including framework.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Sconix, I updated my VZW Pre2 to 2.1.0 yesterday. The first thing I did was to install all of your patches that I missed so much since I upgraded from Plus to 2 running 1.4.1. The phone dialer did not work. I could enter numbers, but would not dial. Same with using favorites, contacts, or anything else. The only numbers that could be dialed where those starting with * to call Verizon support or customer service, etc.

Just for your information, as I am sure you are figuring things out. Every other patch is working fine for me now, including framework.

Thanks!
    Hi Sconix,

Same here. Here is the error log when I try to install the Phone Prefs - VZW

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    49 28722 49 14234 0 0 18743 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 36875
    100 28722 100 28722 0 0 36205 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 68385
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  8.    #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post

Thanks!
    Either you have installation problem with the phone prefs patch or with the framework patch. Are you sure you had the prefs framework and not the menus framework i.e. correct patch installed. The symptoms you describe fit the bill not having framework installed.
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by dki378 View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Same here. Here is the error log when I try to install the Phone Prefs - VZW

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    49 28722 49 14234 0 0 18743 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 36875
    100 28722 100 28722 0 0 36205 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 68385
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    You have unclean uninstallation of that patch. I.e. that file has not been restored, you can restore it by yourself by copying the .webosinternals backup file over it in terminal or try if EPR fixes it.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    You have unclean uninstallation of that patch. I.e. that file has not been restored, you can restore it by yourself by copying the .webosinternals backup file over it in terminal or try if EPR fixes it.
    I tried EPR'ing the phone but the error still occurs. Where is the back up file and where do I put it? TIA!
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by dki378 View Post
    I tried EPR'ing the phone but the error still occurs. Where is the back up file and where do I put it? TIA!
    Its in the same place as the file in question, it just has the extra .webosinternals extension. So just copying that over the file will do.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Its in the same place as the file in question, it just has the extra .webosinternals extension. So just copying that over the file will do.
    Hi Sconix,
    Is this the file?

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs-vzw.postinst

Can the copying over be done in Internalz?

Sorry for the stupid questions but I've never done anything like this and have little to no terminal experience....
    Last edited by dki378; 08/22/2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    FYI, the VZW Pre 2 (2.1) patch for Messaging menus seems incomplete. You cannot change notifications per account (the bell icon is missing, though I have it on the email patch).
    So I just got webos 2.1 from Verizon for my pre 2 last week. Installed all the non-legacy VZW versions of the patches. Bell shows up for email, not for messaging. If I tap where the bell should be the menu comes up. Regrettably, the notification tone legnth is still cutoff short (entire tone/song not played). At least I can repeat it now. Many thanks for all this work. I will contribute.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Freshly 2.1.0 doctored Verizon Pre2. (Not meta-doctor, official VZW build.)

Advanced System Prefs - Framework - VZW v2.1.0-140

Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs - VZW v2.1.0-119

Messaging Prefs do not appear to be present. No bell icon in accounts list.

Sconix, is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot?
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Freshly 2.1.0 doctored Verizon Pre2. (Not meta-doctor, official VZW build.)

Advanced System Prefs - Framework - VZW v2.1.0-140

Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs - VZW v2.1.0-119

Messaging Prefs do not appear to be present. No bell icon in accounts list.

Sconix, is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot?
    There seems to be problem with the framework package, I am pushing an update right now.

EDIT: The update should be in the feed, let me know if it works now.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/30/2011 at 06:31 AM.
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Thanks I'll try it out.

One other curiosity: after a phone restart (full or luna) the battery percentage area is blank. I see the wifi and phone bars, but there is a black space where percentage (percent only in Tweaks) should be. If I swipe down the device menu, it appears instantly.
  17.    #517  
    Thanks I'll try it out.

One other curiosity: after a phone restart (full or luna) the battery percentage area is blank. I see the wifi and phone bars, but there is a black space where percentage (percent only in Tweaks) should be. If I swipe down the device menu, it appears instantly.
    Are you sure it does it after full restart as well? It should only do it after luna restart.
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'll check. Maybe it was only luna. Is this expected behavior?

EDIT: You're right. Only occurs after luna restart.
  19.    #519  
    I'll check. Maybe it was only luna. Is this expected behavior?

EDIT: You're right. Only occurs after luna restart.
    Yes, and thats why its not a high priority problem since luna restart does not belong to normal usage of the device. But its on my todo list to fix this small issue, but quite on the bottom of the list.
    having similar strange issue like dki378, the patches show up in Preware but won't uninstall and epr says no patches to remove and the reconstruct doesn't fix them so they can be removed

edit:i started trying to remove stuff because I wasn't having any notification sounds, now in whatever state its in it won't load the email app, but I have notification sounds again lol

edit 2: just gone doctoring, all went well. Never actually doctored anything before in almost 2 years with my pre+ so happy with my pre2
    Last edited by videogmike; 08/31/2011 at 09:22 AM.