Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    hi guys

Tried installing Adv Sys Prefs & Framework (&others)on my Pre 2 2.1.
    Now I have no menu bar in any program anymore (just grey and power button does not give any menu any more

I tried EPR, and desintalling in Preware.
    I can't get rif of them or try to reinstall

Attached
    Hope u can help
    tx
    Don't know how something like that could happen, you have got the patch install process somehow interrupted which has resulted in half installed patches. Try running EPR at least few more times, it really should be able to restore the files (it wont always do it with one run, don't know why). If not then something seriously bad has happened. In which case you might need to doctor or learn how to restore system files manually. Or check if WebOS repair utility has been updated to work with webOS 2.x, it would also get the system files restored to their original state.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Tx.
    EPR says it can't find any installed patches.
    I tried to manually install via ipkg install xxx package, but complains on dependencies with lsdiff, ... (installed already via preware...)

Repair utility does not seem to be compatible with Pre2
    tx
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Tx.
    EPR says it can't find any installed patches.
    I tried to manually install via ipkg install xxx package, but complains on dependencies with lsdiff, ... (installed already via preware...)

Repair utility does not seem to be compatible with Pre2
    tx
    Then even the database of preware has somehow got damaged, there is a emergency repair utility that will install the info of installed packages (don't remember the utilitys name, just see the description of emergency tools, it says that it fixes the situation when not all the packages show as installed even they are). After that is fixed then the EPR should work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I rebuilt already after it showed no applications installed anymore (after heaving to remove batttery the hard way (I had no menu to reboot anymore :-p )

The difference here is that the appz are seen in preware, so Preware sees them, not EPR

mm, hard one... thinking to full reinstall this evening
  5.    #465  
    The Veer version of this patch will be out next week when I get back home, I have been running it on my phone for a week now. Also the advanced system behavior patch will be released for Veer during next week.
    Hello everyone,
    looks like this is an awesome collection of tools. I was just issued a palm pre 2 (verizon) Webos 2.0.1 for work only to discover that messaging notification sounds are cut short, regardless of the legnth of the tone chosen. I need the notification to be loud and long enough to wake me up as it functions as a pager.
    Does the custom notification sound choice of ringtone available through Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs play the entire ringtone selected? (I don't see that this is documented anywhere), but recall seeing this toolset as a suggested remedy in a thread somewhere.
    Thanks in advance.
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by parras View Post
    Hello everyone,
    looks like this is an awesome collection of tools. I was just issued a palm pre 2 (verizon) Webos 2.0.1 for work only to discover that messaging notification sounds are cut short, regardless of the legnth of the tone chosen. I need the notification to be loud and long enough to wake me up as it functions as a pager.
    Does the custom notification sound choice of ringtone available through Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs play the entire ringtone selected? (I don't see that this is documented anywhere), but recall seeing this toolset as a suggested remedy in a thread somewhere.
    Thanks in advance.
    I don't remember was the bug you mentioned fixed in webOS 2.1.0 or in my patches for 2.1.0. Definitely not in 2.0.1 versions.
    On a German Veer with WebOS 2.1.1, the "Advanced System Prefs Framework (Veer)" patch doesn't install. I even ran EPR. Didn't change a bit. I always get this error log:

begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 59344 4 2896 0 0 3747 0 0:00:15 --:--:-- 0:00:15 6493
    100 59344 100 59344 0 0 72608 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 118k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jost View Post
    On a German Veer with WebOS 2.1.1, the "Advanced System Prefs Framework (Veer)" patch doesn't install. I even ran EPR. Didn't change a bit. I always get this error log:

begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 59344 4 2896 0 0 3747 0 0:00:15 --:--:-- 0:00:15 6493
    100 59344 100 59344 0 0 72608 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 118k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/99/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-veer.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Oh theres a 2.1.1 as well (something not printable here) Well the veer versions of the patches are for 2.1.2. I have to see if I can make a versions as well for 2.1.1. Could you tell what advanced patches wont install on 2.1.1 so I know what needs updating.
    So far I only recall problems with the framework.
  11.    #471  
    Ok I will make a legacy veer version of the framework patch during this week.
    sconix,

The adv sys prefs - messaging prefs - vzw update is failing to install on my vzw pre+. Have you seen any other issues with the install?
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    sconix,

The adv sys prefs - messaging prefs - vzw update is failing to install on my vzw pre+. Have you seen any other issues with the install?
    Not so far since you are only one to report this, you could post the error so I can see if its just conflicting patch or problem with the patch.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-msg-prefs-vzw.prerm 2>&1
    4 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

FWIW, I've had 3 other messaging patches installed on top of this one. I removed them and did a device reset before updating.
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-msg-prefs-vzw.prerm 2>&1
    4 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

FWIW, I've had 3 other messaging patches installed on top of this one. I removed them and did a device reset before updating.
    That seems like an conflict. So you still might have some patch installed that modifies that file or the ones you removed did not uninstall cleanly. So you might need to go the EPR - reinstall from saved packages list route.
    That got it
  17.    #477  
    I tested the Veer framework patch and it installs cleanly to O2 German 2.1.1 webOS doctor so it should install just fine for you. So you have to have modified files left or you are trying to install other then the Veer version of the patch. Try running EPR multiple times since sometimes it leaves modified files after one run. If it does not help then your only options are to try replace the files manually with original ones or doctor.

EDIT: forget this, I accidentally tested against 2.1.2, so 2.1.1 version is coming...
  18.    #478  
    There should be Legacy Veer veer version of the framework patch in the Preware within couple hours. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

EDIT: Should show up within half an hour, please let me know asap if there is problems with the patch, installing or usage.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/19/2011 at 12:09 PM.
    I installed the patch on my german Veer 2.1.1. No problems so far
    I have narrowed down an issue with the Advanced System prefs framework (Veer) patch on my att 2.1.2 Veer. When this patch is installed, my phone no longer receives any text messages.

I installed the framework and all of the other prefs patches, all installed without a hitch. I was not receiving messages. I then removed the patches one at a time. No messages still, until the framework was uninstalled, then it started working again.

Any other info I can provide that would help just let me know. Patches work great, besides the messages bug.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums