Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    regarding the auto speaker, I am thinking that sometimes it gets stuck in speaker mode. Proximity does not work if speaker mode is on right?
    Sconix,

Would it be possible for you to add the Inverted Keyboard Brightness patch into this patch?
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    regarding the auto speaker, I am thinking that sometimes it gets stuck in speaker mode. Proximity does not work if speaker mode is on right?
    Proximity works if the audio switch is in use so it should not get stuck.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Sconix,

Would it be possible for you to add the Inverted Keyboard Brightness patch into this patch?
    Thats part of the advanced behavior patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Just donated. Will be sending you an email regarding volunteering for testing of Advanced System Prefs patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system prefs patches for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    As part of this donationathon, I will give away a promo code for Music Player Remix to the person that donates the largest amount between June 1st and 30th.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Sconix what is the new yes/no switch on the message app?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sconix what is the new yes/no switch on the message app?
    Not added by my patch so can't say.
    well that is interesting. I have to try to figure out what patch it belongs to. Thanks!
    It's the neato message to pc patch.
    I'm unable to install Advanced system prefs-system prefs patch on my Pre+ and I'm looking for some help.

I have a Verizon Pre+ running 2.1.0. It was doctored about 2 weeks ago, so it is a very recent script. Also running Preware 1.6.0 and MS 2.3.7
    I installed Advanced System Prefs Framework (regular, not the VZW or LEGACY version) and it worked.
    I did a device restart.
    I tried installing Advanced system prefs-system prefs (regular) and get an error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    51 27504 51 14234 0 0 26483 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 52523
    100 27504 100 27504 0 0 46699 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 85151
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I tried installing advanced system prefs-system prefs (VZW) but I get the same error.

I then removed the advanced system prefs-framework patch.
    I tried installing the others and the only one that worked was advanced system prefs-framework(VZW)
    I again rebooted and tried installing both advanced system prefs-system prefs patches, but neither would work..

Any ideas?? i really need the screen settings in MS..
    Thanks!

On a random side note, @peterlemonjello, i LOVE your avatar! radial engines are quite possibly my favorite object of engineering i've ever seen. haha they baffle my mind. :-)
    Last edited by elfie; 06/07/2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    I'm unable to install Advanced system prefs-system prefs patch on my Pre+ and I'm looking for some help.

I have a Verizon Pre+ running 2.1.0. It was doctored about 2 weeks ago, so it is a very recent script. Also running Preware 1.6.0 and MS 2.3.7
    I installed Advanced System Prefs Framework (regular, not the VZW or LEGACY version) and it worked.
    I did a device restart.
    I tried installing Advanced system prefs-system prefs (regular) and get an error:

I tried installing advanced system prefs-system prefs (VZW) but I get the same error.

I then removed the advanced system prefs-framework patch.
    I tried installing the others and the only one that worked was advanced system prefs-framework(VZW)
    I again rebooted and tried installing both advanced system prefs-system prefs patches, but neither would work...
    Based on that output, you have another patch installed that it is conflicting with this patch. Check what patches you have installed for the security/screen lock app (i.e. screen timeouts, lock settings, etc...)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    okay thanks! i'll look through what patches i have installed and see if getting rid of some helps. if I can narrow it down, i'll try to post back here for future reference.
    So in order to get Charging events to be triggers in Mode Switcher 2.x with my Pre-2.1, I need to also install Advanced System Prefs Framework - LEGACY to work? Because, the charging events are not occurring and I cannot get the patch to install. Here is what I get. I looked up in my patches and it did not seem like I had any conflicting...

When I try, i get this....

-------------------------
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 59144 100 59144 0 0 134k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 257k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Patches installed:
    Add Date MM DD
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu
    Advanced Sysytem Menus - Mode Menu
    Behavior and Options Tweaks
    Browser Scroller
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Change EV icon to 3G
    Change Number of Bookmarks to 99
    Character counter
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Hold Tao Context Menu
    Improved Edited Video Filenames
    Just Charge By default
    Multi Mod
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    PDF Redux
    Personal Avatar Left Side
    Prevent Removal (PDF)
    Save Attachments to Downloads Folder
    Show Flash Preferences on Legacy Devices
    UberCalendar

Thanks!!!!
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by playdope9 View Post
    So in order to get Charging events to be triggers in Mode Switcher 2.x with my Pre-2.1, I need to also install Advanced System Prefs Framework - LEGACY to work? Because, the charging events are not occurring and I cannot get the patch to install. Here is what I get. I looked up in my patches and it did not seem like I had any conflicting...

When I try, i get this....

-------------------------
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 59144 100 59144 0 0 134k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 257k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Patches installed:
    Add Date MM DD
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu
    Advanced Sysytem Menus - Mode Menu
    Behavior and Options Tweaks
    Browser Scroller
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Change EV icon to 3G
    Change Number of Bookmarks to 99
    Character counter
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Hold Tao Context Menu
    Improved Edited Video Filenames
    Just Charge By default
    Multi Mod
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    PDF Redux
    Personal Avatar Left Side
    Prevent Removal (PDF)
    Save Attachments to Downloads Folder
    Show Flash Preferences on Legacy Devices
    UberCalendar

Thanks!!!!
    You are trying to install the legacy version, install the normal version. The meta doctor was updated at some point so legacy version is only needed by very few users nowadays.
    Here is what I get when trying to install the normal, non-legacy version.
    ---------------
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 59290 100 59290 0 0 113k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 171k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by playdope9 View Post
    Here is what I get when trying to install the normal, non-legacy version.
    ---------------
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 59290 100 59290 0 0 113k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 171k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    You have some conflicting patch installed that modifies the top bar.
    You might also remove Just Charge By default and/or Charging Alert Vibrate Only. Those settings are already included in the sys prefs patch. That could conflict too.
    Thanks Oakridge. I thought I didnt have anything affecting the top bar so I just started removing patches to no luck. So I ERP-ed and then installed Sconix patches first, but it was probably the Just Charge and Charging Alert because I didnt know that were in that patch.
    Thanks
    hi guys

Tried installing Adv Sys Prefs & Framework (&others)on my Pre 2 2.1.
    Now I have no menu bar in any program anymore (just grey and power button does not give any menu any more

I tried EPR, and desintalling in Preware.
    I can't get rif of them or try to reinstall

Attached
    Hope u can help
    tx
    Attached Files Attached Files