Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    I can't get to install Advanced System Prefs -- Phone Prefs on a Sprint FrankenPre2 following an EPR. Reboots have happened.
    The interesting tidbit from the IPKG.LOG is
    one hunk out of one ignored with the rejects etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej

I couldn't find the .rej file but getting a creative I found something that looked promising.

Code:
    castle# ls -ltr `find / -type f | grep 'speeddialbackup'`
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           948 Oct 27  2010 /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           948 Oct 27  2010 /etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 27  2010 /var/cache/configurator/_etc_palm_db_kinds_com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           677 Apr 14 18:25 /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           677 Apr 14 18:25 /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Apr 14 18:25 /var/cache/configurator/_etc_palm_db_permissions_com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           896 Apr 14 18:25 /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           896 Apr 14 18:25 /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Apr 14 18:25 /var/cache/configurator/_etc_palm_db_permissions_com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    castle# diff /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    --- /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    +++ /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    @@ -31,5 +31,16 @@
     			"delete": "allow",
     			"update": "allow"
     		}
    -	}
    +	},
    +	{
    +		"type": "db.kind",
    +		"object": "com.palm.person.speeddialbackup:1",
    +		"caller": "com.palm.app.phone",
    +		"operations": {
    +			"read": "allow",
    +			"create": "allow",
    +			"delete": "allow",
    +			"update": "allow"
    +		}
    +	}	
     ]
    castle# cp -p /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    castle# exit
    Followed up by a luna restart I was able to re-install the patch. I'm not sure how this situation came to be. I am reporting this in the hopes that it can help in any debugging in the future.
    Hmm odd that the orig file still was there, EPR should copy those orig files over the the modifier files. Not sure why it did not do that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Had the same file give me the same trouble on my Sprint 2.1 Pre-. I used webOS Repair Utility to fix it, though I think it didn't technically support it. Figuring out which Doctor version to use was tricky. I guess I got lucky, but I'm not sure I recommend it. I found that solution by googling the filename and someone else had had a similar problem with it and this patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i am just wondering if i am the only one that occasionally after a reboot the battery starts out as normal and eventually changes to the tweaked setting?
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    Had the same file give me the same trouble on my Sprint 2.1 Pre-. I used webOS Repair Utility to fix it, though I think it didn't technically support it. Figuring out which Doctor version to use was tricky. I guess I got lucky, but I'm not sure I recommend it. I found that solution by googling the filename and someone else had had a similar problem with it and this patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Can you share how to use Repair utility on WebOS 2.1?
    I ran EPR, but it appears the patches are still there when I try to install the patches.
    Hi,

I have been trying to install the Advanced System Preferences on my Veer for AT&T, running WebOS 2.1.2.

Unfortunately, every one of the four Framework patches failed to install. Should any of them have worked?

Are there any plans on making versions compatible with 2.1.2? (My main interest is in having repeats of mesage notifications, to avoid missed text/voice messages).

Thanks! Robert.
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to install the Advanced System Preferences on my Veer for AT&T, running WebOS 2.1.2.

Unfortunately, every one of the four Framework patches failed to install. Should any of them have worked?

Are there any plans on making versions compatible with 2.1.2? (My main interest is in having repeats of mesage notifications, to avoid missed text/voice messages).

Thanks! Robert.
    Well patches are for 2.1.0 not for 2.1.2 so no they should not work. Patches have versions for reason.

I will update all my stuff for 2.1.2 when I have something to test them on, such as SDK release or a device (which is not likely that I could get one here in Finland).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to you being able to release next revision.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well patches are for 2.1.0 not for 2.1.2 so no they should not work. Patches have versions for reason.

I will update all my stuff for 2.1.2 when I have something to test them on, such as SDK release or a device (which is not likely that I could get one here in Finland).
    I have a Veer and would be happy to test or troubleshoot any of your patches!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have a Veer and would be happy to test or troubleshoot any of your patches!
    Well if there wont be sdk available soon for 2.1.2 I need to update the patches and in that situation I will need somebody testing the patches. I usually want to test patches myself before releasing them since even though a user offers help by saying that he is willing to test the patch/app/etc. it usually means that he tests the parts that he needs and does not go through every single feature... But when the sdk is going to take long then I have no choice than just go forward with the update.
    I have the advanced system prefences phone with auto speaker via proximity sensor turned on. Problem is that it does not work all the time. Sometimes it switches, sometimes not, this is on the same call. Running franken pre with 2.1

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a possible cause/solution? I did the interactive test on the proximity sensor and passed.
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have the advanced system prefences phone with auto speaker via proximity sensor turned on. Problem is that it does not work all the time. Sometimes it switches, sometimes not, this is on the same call. Running franken pre with 2.1

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a possible cause/solution? I did the interactive test on the proximity sensor and passed.
    When it does not switch is it when the screen goes off or on? Or does it matter, is it just random or is there any indication when it happens? Also is it that the audio does not switch or the screen does no go off/on? I.e. the proximity controls the screen state, and my patch monitors screen state and controls audio according to that. So fir I need to know that is it my patch (i.e. the audio not changing) or WebOS/device problem (i.e. screen state does not change). Then all the info when it happens help me to check the code if there is a bug, but I have seen this happen only when the proximity "state" changes quickly.
    When it does not switch is it when the screen goes off or on? Or does it matter, is it just random or is there any indication when it happens? Also is it that the audio does not switch or the screen does no go off/on? I.e. the proximity controls the screen state, and my patch monitors screen state and controls audio according to that. So fir I need to know that is it my patch (i.e. the audio not changing) or WebOS/device problem (i.e. screen state does not change). Then all the info when it happens help me to check the code if there is a bug, but I have seen this happen only when the proximity "state" changes quickly.
    I'm pretty sure it's random, but I will test it for a couple days and report back. Thanks.
    Hi Sconix. This happens to me from time to time, as well. Screen state changes correctly, but speaker on/off does not. Hope that helps. It's not a huge deal; usually if I just move it back to ear and then back away (or vice versa if I'm trying to get out of speakerphone) it triggers on the second attempt.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Hi,
    It works almost well on my device. Every time the screen turns on or off, the sound is routed accordingly.
    I only have two things that bother me a little with the proximity-sensor function:
    1. If I start a call and the screen is on, and I have the phone on the table (no proximity), the sound will not be initialy toggled to the speaker. I have to approach something from the promity sensor and then release it to have it toggling to the speaker. This is annoying when I start a call with someone beside me and I want to start the conversation in handsfree mode.
    2. When I begin a call with the phone on my ear, and then remove it from my ear to allow others to hear the conversation, I find the duration too long: I miss approx 3 seconds of the conversation. For my personal taste, one second shorter would be right.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi,
    It works almost well on my device. Every time the screen turns on or off, the sound is routed accordingly.
    I only have two things that bother me a little with the proximity-sensor function:
    1. If I start a call and the screen is on, and I have the phone on the table (no proximity), the sound will not be initialy toggled to the speaker. I have to approach something from the promity sensor and then release it to have it toggling to the speaker. This is annoying when I start a call with someone beside me and I want to start the conversation in handsfree mode.
    2. When I begin a call with the phone on my ear, and then remove it from my ear to allow others to hear the conversation, I find the duration too long: I miss approx 3 seconds of the conversation. For my personal taste, one second shorter would be right.
    1) I know, but its more annoying if the phone call starts on a speaker when you want to answer it normally. I have wanted to add a detection for if phone is laying on a table (i.e. face up) when phone call is answered that it would start in speaker, but haven't just got to do this yet.

2) Well the change is instant code vice at least, the audio route changing seems to take a while, but would not say 3 seconds. At least on my pre2 closer to second. But for this I can not do anything there are no added delays for this operation in the code.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    1) Ah, it's not a bug, it's a feature! ;-)

2) I though it was a feature since handsfree to ear switch is immediate, and ear to handsfree is delayed. Nevermind, I can live with it.

Thank you again for your great work on these patches.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I am still stumped as to what happens when it fails to change. I tested it with my hand and it performed as expected, then on a call it failed to switch again.

Regarding how it starts of, my personal preference is to start on speaker, that is what I had gotten used to on my pre minus.

I don't see any delay taking three seconds, closer to immediate or one second.
  18.    #438  
    I am still stumped as to what happens when it fails to change. I tested it with my hand and it performed as expected, then on a call it failed to switch again.

Regarding how it starts of, my personal preference is to start on speaker, that is what I had gotten used to on my pre minus.

I don't see any delay taking three seconds, closer to immediate or one second.
    At least sometimes the proximity sensor fails for me when I hold the phone to my ear, but if it happens for you for both directions (placing to ear and taking away) then even that cannot explain it. But if you cannot make it fail with hand then there should not be any problem in the code itself.

Well I could add a tweaks option for the phone call starting in speaker mode I guess for those that want that, I guess it would do the trick. I will mark in to my TODO list but I have other stuff more important than that so not sure when I add that.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well I could add a tweaks option for the phone call starting in speaker mode I guess for those that want that, I guess it would do the trick. I will mark in to my TODO list but I have other stuff more important than that so not sure when I add that.
    That would be nice!
    But not that urgent...

20.    #440  
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system prefs patches for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com