Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So I was using amigo music player and went to play some videos. It got me wondering how nice it would be if we could take full advantage of the cards and stacks and tap and hold to play a video in a new card, thus eliminating to need go back. Is such a thing possible?
    Well the app would need to implement this, so maybe make a suggestion for the developer of the app.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I just noticed today that while connected to a bluetooth device and on a call....the screen can not be turned off.. So as a result....you can accidentally hang up a call in progress when placed in the pocket. The only way to currently avoid this is to minimize the phone app have another app on the foreground....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hmm it should be possible to turn of the screen on bluetooth. Can you tell me what your phone app settings are so that I can test this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    Still having problem installing Advance System Pref framework.

Ran EPR a few times and have no other patches install.

Please advice. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If EPR does not fix it then something bad has happened while the patch was being uninstalled. You need to run EPR and then manually restore those files (at least I think webos recovery util is still not avail for 2.x).
    <<Posts Merged>>

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Great work on this patch. Is there any way to get a tweak option so that the proximity sensor can change the audio except when using bluetooth? I cannot use my earpiece and put the phone in my pocket with the current arrangement without disabling the proximity sensor changes audio feature, which I like otherwise. If possible, that'd be great.

Sorry if someone has mentioned that already, I searched this behemoth thread but didn't see anything similar to that request.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    Great work on this patch. Is there any way to get a tweak option so that the proximity sensor can change the audio except when using bluetooth? I cannot use my earpiece and put the phone in my pocket with the current arrangement without disabling the proximity sensor changes audio feature, which I like otherwise. If possible, that'd be great.

Sorry if someone has mentioned that already, I searched this behemoth thread but didn't see anything similar to that request.
    You can, just choose the bluetooth from the audio source button. Selecting audio source manually will always cancel the proximity feature for that phone call. At least it should, please let me know if that does not work for you. This info might actually not be in the wiki yet, will have to update it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    You can, just choose the bluetooth from the audio source button. Selecting audio source manually will always cancel the proximity feature for that phone call. At least it should, please let me know if that does not work for you. This info might actually not be in the wiki yet, will have to update it.
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I just tested this and it does indeed work that way, though it still uses the proximity sensor to turn off the screen, meaning one cannot access the device menu.
  7.    #407  
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I just tested this and it does indeed work that way, though it still uses the proximity sensor to turn off the screen, meaning one cannot access the device menu.
    Ok then there is a bug most likely, I will test this scenario and fix for next release. The idea was that selecting audio source manually will set the phone in the state that it would be with proximity feature set to disabled.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Different permutations of Touchstone/Bluetooth usage have interesting results.

On the touchstone w/o bluetooth the proximity sensor changes audio unless one has been selected manually.

On the TS having selected BT, it works as expected.

Off TS w/BT selected it does not change audio, but proximity sensor turns screen off.

after running an epr i can no longer install the phone prefs patch. my log is

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 30612 100 30612 0 0 53921 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 69731
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

any ideas?
    thanks
    there may be a typo in the latest version package.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs.$rej$

orig -> org?

11.    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    after running an epr i can no longer install the phone prefs patch. my log is

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 30612 100 30612 0 0 53921 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 69731
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

any ideas?
    thanks
    The backup file for that file was deleted for some reason hence EPR failed to restore it. I have no idea why those backup files get deleted for some users, it has never happened to me. So you need to restore that file manually to its original state (unless the webos recovery util has been updated for webos 2.x).
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    there may be a typo in the latest version package.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs.$rej$

orig -> org?

No, those are normal patch messages. It just means that the backup file was not found. And the real error is the FAILED part which means that the files has been modified so that patch cannot install and in this case its still modified by the patch since the backup file that is used to restore the file by EPR was missing.
    thx so the patched is updated. but I can't use epr to restore to stock as the backup is no longer here?

14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    thx so the patched is updated. but I can't use epr to restore to stock as the backup is no longer here?

Well the patch definitely is not updated, it most likely did not install if that error was from update and the reason being that the uninstallation of the patch was not clean. If the patch shows as installed then you should try uninstall it and after that install again. If you still get failed message then you need to try running EPR which removes patches and should restore all files to stock. If you cannot install the patch back after that then something has deleted backup files from your system and you need to restore the files manually.

At the moment I (nor anyone in internals) have no idea how something like that can happen, the only way I can think of is that the patch process dies in middle of patching or some weird filesystem problem which neither obviously should never happen. Hence its odd that some users run into these situations since they should never happen, and I have never seen it happen even though I update patches in my phone almost daily basis while doing development.
    The backup file for that file was deleted for some reason hence EPR failed to restore it. I have no idea why those backup files get deleted for some users, it has never happened to me. So you need to restore that file manually to its original state (unless the webos recovery util has been updated for webos 2.x).
    ok thats fine, i know how to restore the file but i dont know where to find it in the Dr. can you point me in the right direction?
    thanks'

edit. hah i found it. thanks
  16.    #416  
    Different permutations of Touchstone/Bluetooth usage have interesting results.

On the touchstone w/o bluetooth the proximity sensor changes audio unless one has been selected manually.

On the TS having selected BT, it works as expected.

Off TS w/BT selected it does not change audio, but proximity sensor turns screen off.

Well at least I found one bug with the manual selection canceling the proximity change feature. This is fixed in next phone prefs release, please let me know if you still experience problems with the new version. I try to release it in day or two.
    Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I seem to remember that this patch introduced a pref in Screen and Lock that let the user set a numerical value for both minimum and maximum brightness. I've been looking all over for that setting . . . has that been removed, or did I imagine the whole thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I seem to remember that this patch introduced a pref in Screen and Lock that let the user set a numerical value for both minimum and maximum brightness. I've been looking all over for that setting . . . has that been removed, or did I imagine the whole thing?
    If the min/max brightness you are referring to is for the keyboard brightness, that is found in the Tweaks app made available via the Advanced System Prefs - Framework patch.

Otherwise if you are referring to the screen brightness, there is the slider or the min/max drop-down menu to change the screen brightness.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/18/2011 at 11:20 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    If the min/max brightness you are referring to is for the keyboard brightness, that is found in the Tweaks app made available via the Advanced System Prefs - Framework patch.

Otherwise if you are referring to the screen brightness, there is the slider or the min/max drop-down menu to change the screen brightness.
    Ah! Thanks, yes, it was the one in System Tweaks for the kb!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I can't get to install Advanced System Prefs -- Phone Prefs on a Sprint FrankenPre2 following an EPR. Reboots have happened.
    The interesting tidbit from the IPKG.LOG is
    one hunk out of one ignored with the rejects etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej

I couldn't find the .rej file but getting a creative I found something that looked promising.

Code:
    castle# ls -ltr `find / -type f | grep 'speeddialbackup'`
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           948 Oct 27  2010 /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           948 Oct 27  2010 /etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Oct 27  2010 /var/cache/configurator/_etc_palm_db_kinds_com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           677 Apr 14 18:25 /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           677 Apr 14 18:25 /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Apr 14 18:25 /var/cache/configurator/_etc_palm_db_permissions_com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           896 Apr 14 18:25 /var/palm/jail/org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           896 Apr 14 18:25 /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Apr 14 18:25 /var/cache/configurator/_etc_palm_db_permissions_com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    castle# diff /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    --- /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig
    +++ /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    @@ -31,5 +31,16 @@
     			"delete": "allow",
     			"update": "allow"
     		}
    -	}
    +	},
    +	{
    +		"type": "db.kind",
    +		"object": "com.palm.person.speeddialbackup:1",
    +		"caller": "com.palm.app.phone",
    +		"operations": {
    +			"read": "allow",
    +			"create": "allow",
    +			"delete": "allow",
    +			"update": "allow"
    +		}
    +	}	
     ]
    castle# cp -p /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.webosinternals.orig /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    castle# exit
    Followed up by a luna restart I was able to re-install the patch. I'm not sure how this situation came to be. I am reporting this in the hopes that it can help in any debugging in the future.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)