Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The .rej is added by the patch saying the failed file so you should look for the file without this .rej (i.e. etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup). Its in the doctor for sure.
    Sorry to highjack this thread, but I can't find any of those folders on my Pre and I can't find the file on the Verizon doctor (some are close, but not that file). Was anybody with this problem able to replace this file? Probably going to metadoctor tomorrow if there's no progress. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Sorry to highjack this thread, but I can't find any of those folders on my Pre and I can't find the file on the Verizon doctor (some are close, but not that file). Was anybody with this problem able to replace this file? Probably going to metadoctor tomorrow if there's no progress. Thanks.
    I am not able to replace files either. I was up late last night, and was going to re-metadoctor, but after doing a git pull, discovered I can no longer metadoctor in Cygwin for Windows, and just didn't have the time to learn how to otherwise metadoctor. I did erase apps and data, just to see if it would have any impact. It didn't.

I don't have a Verizon phone exactly--I have a Sprint Pre Plus. I also was an early installer of 2.1.0, and used the LEGACY framework.

With this version of 2.1.0, I have had issues with streaming, lag, and I was not able to install starfighter f104a because my device kernel was not "in factory condition." I say all this just in case it gives anyone any ideas.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Does this add timestamps to texts (the messaging patch)? Will Tweaks ever be able to remove them? I don't really like timestamps in my texts, and they just kinda showed up recently.
    no that is the advanced systems behavior patch that added that.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    no that is the advanced systems behavior patch that added that.
    Thanks
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Does this add timestamps to texts (the messaging patch)? Will Tweaks ever be able to remove them? I don't really like timestamps in my texts, and they just kinda showed up recently.
    Yes its the behavior patch as mentioned, but I can add tweak control for this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    i am running into a strange problem. when i am in a convo in messaging after the initial text i no longer recieve a sound notification. i ran an epr and everything worked. i reinstalled everything and it was back. i installed the messaging patch again and it was gone. i dont remember this always being a problem but i guess i really dont know for sure. anyone else ever have this?

is it possible that when installing all from the saved package list that something is installed out of order causing this issue? i dont get any error while installing.
    Last edited by graffix31; 05/04/2011 at 09:56 AM.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i am running into a strange problem. when i am in a convo in messaging after the initial text i no longer recieve a sound notification. i ran an epr and everything worked. i reinstalled everything and it was back. i installed the messaging patch again and it was gone. i dont remember this always being a problem but i guess i really dont know for sure. anyone else ever have this?
    I have also noticed this, although haven't had time to look into this yet. The patch should not modify that behavior though so not sure what is going on. Will try to look into this during next week.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    awesome. thank you.
    i dont know if its just me but i also notice that the messaging app seems to take longer to load with this patch installed. i mean i can deal with it and i know it seems to take a little longer in 2.1 anyway but like i said seems even longer with this messaging patch.
    i dont know if its just me but i also notice that the messaging app seems to take longer to load with this patch installed. i mean i can deal with it and i know it seems to take a little longer in 2.1 anyway but like i said seems even longer with this messaging patch.
    Do you have the Advanced Systems Behavior patch installed?

It has been reported by some (and I experience it from time to time) where the messaging app is slow when loading a conversation or getting to the point of being able to send back a text to a person. There is a lag, but I've gotten use to it.

I don't think it is any of the Advanced System Prefs patches.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    thanks. i will test it out. to bad because i really like that patch. guess its a small price to pay.
    thanks. i will test it out. to bad because i really like that patch. guess its a small price to pay.
    I thought it (slowness) might have been the combo of my Pre- and 2.1, but after running on a Pre2 it is still the same.

I don't know if Sconix has experienced the slowness or not, but I am sure if he does/would, it would get fixed. It could be that he's not experienced it and it is hard to pinpoint.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14.    #394  
    At least my messaging app opens instantly i.e. only very small delay. And my patches should not add any extra stuff, I think its just about how many conversations you have that make up the extra time.
    yeah i am going to try and swipe delete a convo and see if it makes it load faster. thanks for everything you do. i can live with the delay but not with no notification on an open card. thanks for looking into it. glad you have experienced it too in the sense that hopefully we can find a solution.
  16.    #396  
    yeah i am going to try and swipe delete a convo and see if it makes it load faster. thanks for everything you do. i can live with the delay but not with no notification on an open card. thanks for looking into it. glad you have experienced it too in the sense that hopefully we can find a solution.
    I found the bug with the notification sound not playing when on chatview, is fixed in next release.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I just noticed today that while connected to a bluetooth device and on a call....the screen can not be turned off.. So as a result....you can accidentally hang up a call in progress when placed in the pocket. The only way to currently avoid this is to minimize the phone app have another app on the foreground....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Still having problem installing Advance System Pref framework.

Ran EPR a few times and have no other patches install.

Please advice. Thanks

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    23 59144 23 14155 0 0 15303 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 24363
    100 59144 100 59144 0 0 40122 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 52386
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    Still having problem installing Advance System Pref framework.

Ran EPR a few times and have no other patches install.

Please advice. Thanks

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    23 59144 23 14155 0 0 15303 0 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0:00:03 24363
    100 59144 100 59144 0 0 40122 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 52386
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    If EPR does not fix it then something bad has happened while the patch was being uninstalled. You need to run EPR and then manually restore those files (at least I think webos recovery util is still not avail for 2.x).
    So I was using amigo music player and went to play some videos. It got me wondering how nice it would be if we could take full advantage of the cards and stacks and tap and hold to play a video in a new card, thus eliminating to need go back. Is such a thing possible?