Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Too bad!! I'm so sorry I couldn't help you out, nobody seems to have this part anymore. Looking forward to your public patch release, I still have your old ones installed
  2.    #22  
    Small update report, I will wait for WebOS 2.1 before releasing the system prefs patches due to small issue I run into. So currently I am coding Mode Switcher 2.0 which is coming along nicely (hopefully alpha out in couple weeks). Regarding the hardware failure I am finally fully back in business (new computer fully setup/working etc.) and at least currently I am coding WebOS related stuff as my "day job" since I am currently jobless so the MS and system prefs patches should progress nicely and hopefully I will gain the lost down time back.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ... at least currently I am coding WebOS related stuff as my "day job" since I am currently jobless ...
    Out of curiosity, what would your true day job be? I'm guessing software developer, but I've been surprised before...

I'm always looking for new developers, but I'm in Canada (Quebec) and I don't think you're planning on moving here...
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would your true day job be? I'm guessing software developer, but I've been surprised before...

I'm always looking for new developers, but I'm in Canada (Quebec) and I don't think you're planning on moving here...
    Well I have done both, Linux system administrator work and software development. I like both (actually I like doing anything Linux related), but I was getting bit tired of coding with C/C++ until I started do stuff with Javascript so now I don't know which I like the best At least at the moment I love coding WebOS stuff, too bad that there is no job opportunities at least in Finland at the moment on this field. And at least for now I would like to have work in Finland, but at least inside Finland I am ready to move anywhere if I find a good job.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Will there be an update for webos v2.1 for this as well as the A. Sys. Menus patches?

Really appreciated and love all your works and patches on 1.4.5 and miss it a lot now.
    Many thanks.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    Will there be an update for webos v2.1 for this as well as the A. Sys. Menus patches?

Really appreciated and love all your works and patches on 1.4.5 and miss it a lot now.
    Many thanks.
    Yes there will be. As soon as there is 2.1 available for my device (pre2) so that I can test the patches before releasing. System menu patches will be out right away when I can test them, the system prefs patches may need week for me to finish them, but they are coming. And they will be even better than the old ones
    I'd be interested in testing these as well. Your patches / programs are the only thing I miss from 1.4.5.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I'd be interested in testing these as well. Your patches / programs are the only thing I miss from 1.4.5.
    I just released 2.1 versions of the advanced system menu patches. And I hope to finish these during this week and these will need some testing so will send you them when they are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I just released 2.1 versions of the advanced system menu patches. And I hope to finish these during this week and these will need some testing so will send you them when they are ready.
    Give a holler if you need ACSP tested on a Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1.

One thing: I installed the new Advanced System Menus framework, but then uninstalled it because it precluded my changing the battery icon to one with a percentage, a feature I really like. Is there a way of working with Jason Robitaille or otherwise making the Advance System Menus option compatible with battery icon patches? {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Give a holler if you need ACSP tested on a Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1.

One thing: I installed the new Advanced System Menus framework, but then uninstalled it because it precluded my changing the battery icon to one with a percentage, a feature I really like. Is there a way of working with Jason Robitaille or otherwise making the Advance System Menus option compatible with battery icon patches? {Jonathan}
    You could ask if Jason could make the patch compatible. I am sure it should be possible just by reordering the code. And its easier to modify the smaller patch than the bigger. If I were to change something then maybe some other patch would conflict.
    There is one battery percentage patch that is actually compatible. It's the one with the percentage next to the icon, although it's not colored..
    I have the Battery as percent icon working along with all of Sconix's advanced patches. I took the long way around, but I have it working.

I have included a screen shot for proof..

(I also centered the percent as well instead of having it align right or left. Looked cleaner)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I have the Battery as percent icon working along with all of Sconix's advanced patches. I took the long way around, but I have it working.

I have included a screen shot for proof..

(I also centered the percent as well instead of having it align right or left. Looked cleaner)
    Did you alter an existing patch, or is that the original version? Thanks. {Jonathan}
    1. I took the existing patch for 2.1.0 from preware.org.
    2. Extracted the ipk patch file with 7-zip.
    3. Pulled the relevant files from my Pre Plus with WQIS (After I had installed Sconix's patches). (Once you extract the files, you can get to the actual .patch file, You open the .patch file with notepad++ (Windows), You can then look at what is actually being changed by the patch.
    4. I then made the same changes to the relevant files that the patch would have made.
    5. I then sent the files back to where they were supposed to go with WQIS.

It may sound like a lot of work, but it is really easy and quick. And when you want the patches made by Sconix and the other patches that conflict, this is simplest way to do it.

I have actually done this over the last few updates. Because I know I will never uninstall Sconix's patches or the battery percent patch.
    1. I took the existing patch for 2.1.0 from preware.org.
    2. Extracted the ipk patch file with 7-zip.
    3. Pulled the relevant files from my Pre Plus with WQIS (After I had installed Sconix's patches). (Once you extract the files, you can get to the actual .patch file, You open the .patch file with notepad++ (Windows), You can then look at what is actually being changed by the patch.
    4. I then made the same changes to the relevant files that the patch would have made.
    5. I then sent the files back to where they were supposed to go with WQIS.

It may sound like a lot of work, but it is really easy and quick. And when you want the patches made by Sconix and the other patches that conflict, this is simplest way to do it.

I have actually done this over the last few updates. Because I know I will never uninstall Sconix's patches or the battery percent patch.
    That's the way I make all of my patches compatible.
    I am working on the Haptic Feedback Manager now.
  17.    #37  
    I am working on the Haptic Feedback Manager now.
    Thats also included in my advanced sys prefs patches. Too bad that it cannot work in the launcher anymore and even calculator needs to be patches since it does not use the framework anymore.
    Well, I haven't yet tried patching the battery icon, but I did reinstall the Today menu patch for VZW. Only problem is, it's barely showing any of my appointments. I used the gesture-tap option to call up the Menu Content Settings, and every single one of my calendars is selected, only I'm not seeing any of the events from any of the days I can access. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Well, I haven't yet tried patching the battery icon, but I did reinstall the Today menu patch for VZW. Only problem is, it's barely showing any of my appointments. I used the gesture-tap option to call up the Menu Content Settings, and every single one of my calendars is selected, only I'm not seeing any of the events from any of the days I can access. {Jonathan}
    Are you sure that you have the latest version from today (2.0.1-56 or 2.1.0-9)? There were problems with the earlier releases.
  20.    #40  
    Update on the progress about system prefs patches. As the alpha testers know I am starting to be quite close on having all the patches ready so most likely I will release them during next week. The first versions might not have all the planned features in yet, but most of the features (if not all) that was in the 1.x versions of the patches plus some more.

To mention some of the additions:

- possibility to set per contact IM notification settings in addition to phone call / sms notification settings.

- possibility to set notification settings for unknown contacts (separate settings for phone call, messaging and email notification).

- and as with the old patches this will enable per account notification configuration for messaging app as well.

And the main difference to the old patches is that now everything is integrated to the "core WebOS" as in they would be original settings (also the UI side should be now more user friendly). With the old patches I used separate configuration for the new settings, but now they are added like they should and this of course makes the code part much simpler and the settings better integrated with the system (which at least allows easier extension of the features).
    Last edited by sconix; 03/07/2011 at 06:46 PM.
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast