Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 943
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #361  
    i would really not want to run the doctor if i can help it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    All the VZW patches except messaging installed fine. VZW messaging prefs would not install.
    Yes I just found out that in that patch something odd happened while I copied the patch. It has gained some non visible changes during copying. Will release an update for that patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would really not want to run the doctor if i can help it lol
    If you are getting that error after EPR then it means that something has destroyed the backup files from your phone so those files are not getting restored. What could cause this I have no idea, never seen it happening myself (backup files getting deleted). So your only hope is to restore those files manually or doctor I guess. I guess webos repair utility is not yet updated to 2.1 so that you could use that to replace the files with originals. Its not hard to do it manually neither but its hard to tell you how.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you are getting that error after EPR then it means that something has destroyed the backup files from your phone so those files are not getting restored. What could cause this I have no idea, never seen it happening myself (backup files getting deleted). So your only hope is to restore those files manually or doctor I guess. I guess webos repair utility is not yet updated to 2.1 so that you could use that to replace the files with originals. Its not hard to do it manually neither but its hard to tell you how.
    no problem , i just doctored
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5. Badcard's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #365  
    I'm having some problems updating to the latest set of patches.
    I decided to go ahead an EPR my Pre2 (webOs 2.1), and install the patches first.
    But I'm getting a error with the phone prefs patch.
    Here's what I think is the interesting bit ( Let me know if it's better to post the whole log):


    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej

    Any idea what could be causing the error?

    Cheers,

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    I'm having some problems updating to the latest set of patches.
    I decided to go ahead an EPR my Pre2 (webOs 2.1), and install the patches first.
    But I'm getting a error with the phone prefs patch.
    Here's what I think is the interesting bit ( Let me know if it's better to post the whole log):


    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej

    Any idea what could be causing the error?

    Cheers,

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have the same exact problem. Ran EPR a few times and I still can't install the phone preferences patch.
  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    I'm having some problems updating to the latest set of patches.
    I decided to go ahead an EPR my Pre2 (webOs 2.1), and install the patches first.
    But I'm getting a error with the phone prefs patch.
    Here's what I think is the interesting bit ( Let me know if it's better to post the whole log):


    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej

    Any idea what could be causing the error?

    Cheers,

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I have the same exact problem. Ran EPR a few times and I still can't install the phone preferences patch.
    Something has deleted the backup file for that file. You need to restore that file manually to its original state.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. Badcard's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Something has deleted the backup file for that file. You need to restore that file manually to its original state.
    Ok thanks, that explains it.
    Would you be able to point me to some place where I can find instructions on how to do that?

    Cheers,
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Ok thanks, that explains it.
    Would you be able to point me to some place where I can find instructions on how to do that?

    Cheers,
    I haven't seen and tutorial etc. anywhere so can not say, but there most likely is info about unpacking the doctor and getting the file manually somewhere.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I have the same exact problem. Ran EPR a few times and I still can't install the phone preferences patch.
    I have the same problem as well. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by musenu View Post
    I have the same problem as well. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    Those problems are not related to the patch itself, it means that for some odd reason the patch uninstallation phase has not been succesful. I don't know why I have never had failed uninstall/install with preware even though I update my patches almost daily when I am developing.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Those problems are not related to the patch itself, it means that for some odd reason the patch uninstallation phase has not been succesful. I don't know why I have never had failed uninstall/install with preware even though I update my patches almost daily when I am developing.
    Where is etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej? I can't find it with Intenalz and I can't find it in the Verizon doctor. Do I have to start over and put 2.1 on my Sprint Pre again?
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Those problems are not related to the patch itself, it means that for some odd reason the patch uninstallation phase has not been succesful. I don't know why I have never had failed uninstall/install with preware even though I update my patches almost daily when I am developing.
    I should have started off by thanking you for all of the work you have done--I have just donated a little amount of money that is just a fraction of my appreciation for all the cool things you have done for WebOS.

    You mentioned unpacking from the doctor--in my case, I have a Sprint FrankenPre Plus, and wondered if I should be unpacking a specific file from a Sprint WebOSdoctor. I have already been successful in installing Flash from the Verizon WebOSdoctor. I'd really like to avoid a full return to MetaDoctor, since I have over 120 apps and 3000 contacts on my phone!

    Thanks again!
  14.    #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Where is etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej? I can't find it with Intenalz and I can't find it in the Verizon doctor. Do I have to start over and put 2.1 on my Sprint Pre again?
    The .rej is added by the patch saying the failed file so you should look for the file without this .rej (i.e. etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup). Its in the doctor for sure.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by musenu View Post
    I should have started off by thanking you for all of the work you have done--I have just donated a little amount of money that is just a fraction of my appreciation for all the cool things you have done for WebOS.

    You mentioned unpacking from the doctor--in my case, I have a Sprint FrankenPre Plus, and wondered if I should be unpacking a specific file from a Sprint WebOSdoctor. I have already been successful in installing Flash from the Verizon WebOSdoctor. I'd really like to avoid a full return to MetaDoctor, since I have over 120 apps and 3000 contacts on my phone!

    Thanks again!
    So in short for all that are interested on manual recovering of files. First run EPR so that you have no patches installed. Then unpack your doctor (find instructions somewhere, in short its: unzip the doctor, untar the webos.tar then unpack the nova....rootfs.tar.gz and you got all the files in the same hierarchy than in the phone). Then copy over the files that was giving you troubles. And before this process you should be sure that your problem is modified files left after EPR and not that you are installing wrong version of the patch etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #376  
    Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So in short for all that are interested on manual recovering of files. First run EPR so that you have no patches installed. Then unpack your doctor (find instructions somewhere, in short its: unzip the doctor, untar the webos.tar then unpack the nova....rootfs.tar.gz and you got all the files in the same hierarchy than in the phone). Then copy over the files that was giving you troubles. And before this process you should be sure that your problem is modified files left after EPR and not that you are installing wrong version of the patch etc.
  17. #377  
    Sconix,

    Is it possible to add a couple of items to one of your patches, probably Advanced System Prefs?

    1. Prevent "Just Type..." from being displayed
    2. Prevent Quick Launch Bar from being displayed
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Sconix,

    Is it possible to add a couple of items to one of your patches, probably Advanced System Prefs?

    1. Prevent "Just Type..." from being displayed
    2. Prevent Quick Launch Bar from being displayed
    Hiding quick launch not possible at the moment, hiding of just type is but its more of a job for theme since it about pictures not about code.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Hiding quick launch not possible at the moment, hiding of just type is but its more of a job for theme since it about pictures not about code.
    Hmm... This gets me thinking.

    Can themes use Tweaks? Is it possible?

    I can see a theme developer resist hiding Just Type, because it's a personal preference. But offering it as a Tweak might be interesting.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Hmm... This gets me thinking.

    Can themes use Tweaks? Is it possible?

    I can see a theme developer resist hiding Just Type, because it's a personal preference. But offering it as a Tweak might be interesting.
    Well apps and themes could also utilize tweaks but it still needs to be something that can be done through code, and I think the just type is not that its just possible to override the image not to set it to different patch. But I can be wrong.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions