Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its because you don't have email prefs patch installed. Framework removes the global blink control in favor of per app configuration and since you don't have email prefs patch then the per app blink control is not used.

I will see if I can change it so that it would work even without email prefs patch installed, but can not promise that its possible. If it is then its on this weekends release.

EDIT: actually just remembered that its not possible. So your only option is to install email prefs patch as well.
    Is it to say that UberCalendar users will loose the blink notification?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Is it to say that UberCalendar users will loose the blink notification?
    No, uber should be fully compatible even with MS (so you can have either my adv cal prefs or uber for MS 2.x to work).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #343  
    Tomorrows releases will include translations for Spanish (ES), French (FR) and Germany (DE). If there is someone willing to translate for Italy (IT) then please contact me.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    i have tried to install the advanced system famework for vow on my pre 2 running webos 2.1 several times ... It always fails .. I have ran the emergency patch recovery, still failed .... And have doctored my device to clear any hanging patches, still failed ... Any help will be appreciated!

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    46 55926 46 25808 0 0 24297 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 37080
    100 55926 100 55926 0 0 39375 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 53111
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Bobby
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydharrell View Post
    i have tried to install the advanced system famework for vow on my pre 2 running webos 2.1 several times ... It always fails .. I have ran the emergency patch recovery, still failed .... And have doctored my device to clear any hanging patches, still failed ... Any help will be appreciated!

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    46 55926 46 25808 0 0 24297 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 37080
    100 55926 100 55926 0 0 39375 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 53111
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Bobby
    You seem to have older 2.1 so you need the legacy version of the patch.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    You seem to have older 2.1 so you need the legacy version of the patch.
    I had same error trying to install this patch. I can install regular Advanced System Menus Framework, but I have to use Legacy VZW version of Prefs Framework. My Pre+ was doctored to 2.1 using scripts that eliminated Step 5, so I don't think it qualifies as an older version.
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I had same error trying to install this patch. I can install regular Advanced System Menus Framework, but I have to use Legacy VZW version of Prefs Framework. My Pre+ was doctored to 2.1 using scripts that eliminated Step 5, so I don't think it qualifies as an older version.
    Well that error tells that you need legacy version. There is no legacy version from menus framework since it is not needed. Meta doctor was updated at some point to use the latest 2.1 but it did use older 2.1 for a quite long time. So when ever someone get the very exact error above (the keyword being the failure to patch the 98contacts file) then it means that you need to install legacy version.
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    So, if I have Legacy VZW prefs framework, do I install regular or VZW versions of the prefs patches?
    So, if I have Legacy VZW prefs framework, do I install regular or VZW versions of the prefs patches?

the vzw ones. See the wiki for more explanation. Stick with the versions that match the framework you installed.
    Hey I think this was already asked but have you contacted the maker of the [Patch] Statusbar Weather Widget Garrett92C? I think added his patch to this already stellar lineup of code your written would be awesome.
    - Skinneejay -
    i just noticed that all these patches are updated but they will not install , i just keep getting errors ? am i supposed to be getting errors or am i supposed to uninstall and reinstall all of them ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hey I think this was already asked but have you contacted the maker of the [Patch] Statusbar Weather Widget Garrett92C? I think added his patch to this already stellar lineup of code your written would be awesome.
    Yes it has been asked, and having weather info has been on my todo list from the beginning, but currently I still lack the grand idea how I would show it. Since even though I really like the statusbar weather patch and how it implements it I am not ready to loose the more valuable information from the top bar. Since I am not interested about weather all the time. Of course I might do it optional that user selects what info top bar shows, but still would like to have something better And since you can already view the weather in today menu, I might make that more visual etc. Let see what I do and when I have the time..
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i just noticed that all these patches are updated but they will not install , i just keep getting errors ? am i supposed to be getting errors or am i supposed to uninstall and reinstall all of them ?
    Well it depends on what phase the update stops. If its the uninstalling of current patch then you have installed something conflicting after installing these patches. If its the installing new patch phase then you might have some problems with the uninstall not fully finishing.
    ok what conflicts with the menus framework patch ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok what conflicts with the menus framework patch ?
    Hard to say, if you have a look at the wiki and the added things in this release, maybe you have battery icon patch installed?
    Hard to say, if you have a look at the wiki and the added things in this release, maybe you have battery icon patch installed?
    yep i sure did have icon patch lol thanks a lot i just ran epr since your awesome patches only rquire like 7 or 8 patches other than your lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    the vzw ones. See the wiki for more explanation. Stick with the versions that match the framework you installed.
    Hopefully I don't NEED the VZW ones, since the messaging one won't install. The non VZW one installed fine, though.
  18.    #358  
    Hopefully I don't NEED the VZW ones, since the messaging one won't install. The non VZW one installed fine, though.
    You don't, the non VZW and VZW versions are exactly the same. The only difference is that VZW one does not have other languages than english in them. So if the non VZW version installs for you then will the VZW one also. But as long as you can install the non VZW version, everything is fine.
    umm where do i go to get a copy of the log fail ?

found it lol

this is the error im getting after running epr and everything else lol

PATCH INSTALLATION Sun Apr 10 15:18:39 CDT 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework/advanced-system-prefs-framework.patch
    Contains additional files

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/AppSettings.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/AppSettings.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/common.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/common.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/detail-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/detail-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/edit-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/prefs.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/prefs.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/prefs-assistant
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 04/10/2011 at 03:54 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    You don't, the non VZW and VZW versions are exactly the same. The only difference is that VZW one does not have other languages than english in them. So if the non VZW version installs for you then will the VZW one also. But as long as you can install the non VZW version, everything is fine.
    All the VZW patches except messaging installed fine. VZW messaging prefs would not install.