Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I'm running 2.1.0 on a Pre Plus. The first patch I tried to install was the Advanced System Prefs Framework for LEGACY VZW via Preware. It did not install. The description for the patch reads: "NOTE: This is for legacy devices running WR release of WebOS, for pre2 install the non LEGACY version of this patch. And for non WR releases install the according VZW version of this patch.

I don't believe it is in conflict with other patches--it was the very first patch I tried to install. None of the other ones worked, (though some installed).

I believe that it is not installing because the wrong patch is labeled as "LEGACY VZW" is actually a Legacy WR patch. Is this possible? I am running EPR now and going to try to install again.

Thanks,

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    I'm running 2.1.0 on a Pre Plus. The first patch I tried to install was the Advanced System Prefs Framework for LEGACY VZW via Preware. It did not install. The description for the patch reads: "NOTE: This is for legacy devices running WR release of WebOS, for pre2 install the non LEGACY version of this patch. And for non WR releases install the according VZW version of this patch.

I don't believe it is in conflict with other patches--it was the very first patch I tried to install. None of the other ones worked, (though some installed).

I believe that it is not installing because the wrong patch is labeled as "LEGACY VZW" is actually a Legacy WR patch. Is this possible? I am running EPR now and going to try to install again.

Thanks,

Matt
    Depending on when you meta-doctored to 2.1 will determine what framework patch you use. So the descriptions you see in Preware or elsewhere may need updating some.

For early users of the meta-scripts to put 2.1 on legacy devices (such as myself with my Sprint Pre-), I had to use the Framework - Legacy patch.

It seems that later meta-scripts for 2.1 are slightly different in that it requires the main framework patch.

Check out the wiki (see op or link in my signature). Basically the best and easiest way at this point is for everyone to just try to install the main framework patch and if if fails to install, then move on to the framework - legacy patch and so forth.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Depending on when you meta-doctored to 2.1 will determine what framework patch you use. So the descriptions you see in Preware or elsewhere may need updating some.

For early users of the meta-scripts to put 2.1 on legacy devices (such as myself with my Sprint Pre-), I had to use the Framework - Legacy patch.

It seems that later meta-scripts for 2.1 are slightly different in that it requires the main framework patch.

Check out the wiki (see op or link in my signature). Basically the best and easiest way at this point is for everyone to just try to install the main framework patch and if if fails to install, then move on to the framework - legacy patch and so forth.
    OK, thanks. I doctored on Friday night. I installed the main framework patch, and it appears to work. Thanks for the help!
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    OK, thanks. I doctored on Friday night. I installed the main framework patch, and it appears to work. Thanks for the help!
    Yes the meta doctors were updated at some point and I should change the description of the patches next time since teheres only few doctors that need legacy anymore.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong thread, but by searching the forums it seems that the blink notification issue is somehow related to this patch.

Among other patches on my Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1, I have installed
    - Advanced System Prefs - Framework v2.1.0-55
    - Advanced System Prefs - Messaging prefs v2.1.0-42
    - Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs v2.1.0-52
    I also have the Disable Lightbar patch v2.1.0-15

Blink notifications work for the messaging app, but not for e-mails. Am I missing some setting or is the email notifications an issue related to any of the "Advanced System..." patches?

Thanks,
    Tomas
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong thread, but by searching the forums it seems that the blink notification issue is somehow related to this patch.

Among other patches on my Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1, I have installed
    - Advanced System Prefs - Framework v2.1.0-55
    - Advanced System Prefs - Messaging prefs v2.1.0-42
    - Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs v2.1.0-52
    I also have the Disable Lightbar patch v2.1.0-15

Blink notifications work for the messaging app, but not for e-mails. Am I missing some setting or is the email notifications an issue related to any of the "Advanced System..." patches?

Thanks,
    Tomas
    Its because you don't have email prefs patch installed. Framework removes the global blink control in favor of per app configuration and since you don't have email prefs patch then the per app blink control is not used.

I will see if I can change it so that it would work even without email prefs patch installed, but can not promise that its possible. If it is then its on this weekends release.

EDIT: actually just remembered that its not possible. So your only option is to install email prefs patch as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Ok, I will do that. It is not a major obstacle. Love your patches!

Thanks!
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I must say, lack of ability to choose vibration duration in 2.0 is rather heartbreaking. Half a second is not enough time to feel a text or email come in, yet I'd still want the vibration controllable by mode switcher when it arrives for 2.0.
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I must say, lack of ability to choose vibration duration in 2.0 is rather heartbreaking. Half a second is not enough time to feel a text or email come in, yet I'd still want the vibration controllable by mode switcher when it arrives for 2.0.
    Yes, but the reason why I did not include it in 2.x versions is that the experience that I got from 1.x was that the option caused more harm than good, or at least as much confusion than good. And it was a hack so I did not like the feature anyway. When WebOS allows the control of vibration length properly I will add it back, but not before. The biggest downside with adding more vibration the way I did it before is the fact that then the system cannot control when to vibrate and when not which means that phone vibrates on TS as well which means phone falling from TS in car very easily etc. So it really isn't possible to implement it properly at the moment, unless tons of code just for getting bit longer vibrate. Its just not feasible at the moment.
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes, but the reason why I did not include it in 2.x versions is that the experience that I got from 1.x was that the option caused more harm than good, or at least as much confusion than good. And it was a hack so I did not like the feature anyway. When WebOS allows the control of vibration length properly I will add it back, but not before. The biggest downside with adding more vibration the way I did it before is the fact that then the system cannot control when to vibrate and when not which means that phone vibrates on TS as well which means phone falling from TS in car very easily etc. So it really isn't possible to implement it properly at the moment, unless tons of code just for getting bit longer vibrate. Its just not feasible at the moment.
    I understand your reasons, it's just another disappointing issue with webOS. When something comes up that you can't fix, it really shows how unpolished webOS is. I've learned to deal with the lousy launcher icon density in 2.1, but missing messages and emails is going to become unacceptable very quickly. (Not blaming you, sconix.)
  11.    #331  
    I understand your reasons, it's just another disappointing issue with webOS. When something comes up that you can't fix, it really shows how unpolished webOS is. I've learned to deal with the lousy launcher icon density in 2.1, but missing messages and emails is going to become unacceptable very quickly. (Not blaming you, sconix.)
    Yes while this is true, should not forgot that WebOS offers the most configurable platform in the forms of patches. And its definitely not the only platform that has poor vibration implementation. Which I just can't understand since its the perfect notification method since you can feel it and it wont disturb others around you. Well WebOS is still very young platform so maybe in the future it will gain better launcher etc.
    thebunk likes this.
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Yes while this is true, should not forgot that WebOS offers the most configurable platform in the forms of patches. And its definitely not the only platform that has poor vibration implementation. Which I just can't understand since its the perfect notification method since you can feel it and it wont disturb others around you. Well WebOS is still very young platform so maybe in the future it will gain better launcher etc.
    I know. I really want to be ****ed off and leave webOS, but I know I'd be unhappy with any other OS.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that you come up with some great idea that lets you build this functionality into your patches.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I actually miss having vibration control on the Touchstone. When I have my phone at work on the TS (and silence ringer switch on), if I don't look at my phone, I'll miss a text or email, since the only indication is the icon notification. Your patch in 1.4.5 used to let it vibe even on TS, which was handy. I can certainly understand not wanting that to happen if the ringer is on (especially in a car), but it was nice to have at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Hello,

i cant see anybody but me that is reporting this bug so i am confused since it is big bug :-)
    Advanced Phone preferencies patch is causing following bug on my Palm pre + 2.1 :
    when i enter (just type,or go to contacts or just select to call someone from sms) contact name select number that i want to call it opens just phone app and do nothing. If i remove patch everything is back to normal.
    Also messages patch dont give me option to chose sound for sms or any im account and dont show me message notification or sound when i get sms.

I hve instaled ASP-Framework Legacy and using ASP Calendar Messaging Phone Mail Sys pref
    just Messaging and Phone dont work properly.

P.S. with early patches (from the start 2.1) had some issues with instal/remove/update reporting error and i could't menage it until i didnt uninstal uberkernel(maybe it have some thing to do with it,maybe not) just mentioning to you if it is important...
    I am running a verizon palm pre plus with webos 2.1 I just meta-doctored a week ago so everything is new. I am having the same issue as above, however I have e.p.r several times and no legacy patches will install just regular and vzw framework patches. The regular framework and vzw framework patches seem to make the advanced phone and messaging patches act EXACTLY AS ABOVE. This is my log:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    55 56902 55 31611 0 0 25109 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 30870
    100 56902 100 56902 0 0 34052 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 39625
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  15.    #335  
    I actually miss having vibration control on the Touchstone. When I have my phone at work on the TS (and silence ringer switch on), if I don't look at my phone, I'll miss a text or email, since the only indication is the icon notification. Your patch in 1.4.5 used to let it vibe even on TS, which was handy. I can certainly understand not wanting that to happen if the ringer is on (especially in a car), but it was nice to have at work.
    Yes, and I am not saying that this feature wont never make it back, but at least not in near future. As the WebOS has the vibration done now its just way too much work to add this via patch. Might do it someday when I get lazy but lets first see if couple next WebOS versions wont make this any better.
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    I am running a verizon palm pre plus with webos 2.1 I just meta-doctored a week ago so everything is new. I am having the same issue as above, however I have e.p.r several times and no legacy patches will install just regular and vzw framework patches. The regular framework and vzw framework patches seem to make the advanced phone and messaging patches act EXACTLY AS ABOVE. This is my log:

Well first of all you wont need the legacy version, instead install the regular one. And as long as you have the advanced system prefs framework installed (not advanced system menus framework etc.) everything should work just fine.
    um oddly enough I tried epr+ re-install of main framework patch again( I have tried this same process at least 4 times) and for some reason all works fine no phone issues at all! Thanks for bein a pro and making very dependable patches!!
    now if I can just get my voice app to stop popin up when I plug my Aux cable in!
    sconix do you think there would be a way to use your mode switcher to auto close the voice dial app either at all times or at least when a music app is running?
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    sconix do you think there would be a way to use your mode switcher to auto close the voice dial app either at all times or at least when a music app is running?
    Not without me adding a such feature if even possible. But first I should see if this behavior can be changed via patch since its really is a bit stupid to be default action.