Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Sconix, in regards to default view, can you make it so that when you set your default view, the event_back behavior for that view does not go back to the dialpad, but instead puts the phone app in card view?
    Good point, will do.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhelan View Post
    Would it be possible to add a preference to the Lock Screen settings that would allow people to set the amount of time that the notifications are displayed while the screen is locked? The 3 or so seconds that it currently is doesn't give enough time to look at them if they have to pull the phone out of their pocket or purse, etc. Also it's great to have a separate notifications on/off switch per email, messaging, phone, etc. but would it be possible to have the global Lock Screen notifications on/off switch in the Screen & Lock settings over ride all of the individual ones and by this I mean if the global one is off all the rest are off but if the global one is set to on all of the individual ones revert back to their individual settings. I love all of your patches, keep up all of the great work Sconix.
    Not sure what you mean by global lock screen notification setting, the only global setting that I am bringing in next update is the blink setting since there are other blink apps than the message & email so me removing the global setting was wrong.

For other there wont be global setting since you can always use Mode Switcher to control many settings at once.

About the 3 seconds time I think it can't be changed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix, Sorry about the confusion with my post as I didn't realize the blink setting was removed, that was what I needed and restoring it back fixed my problem. To bad about the 3 second lock screen time notifications but you can't have it all I guess.

Thanks
    Hello.
    I have a Pre + ATT running 2.1.0, Spanish language.
    When I installed "Advanced System Prefs – Framework" app "Sonidos y tonos" slightly mess up, as well as changing its name to the English language.
    When I installed "Advanced System Prefs – System Prefs" app "Pantalla y bloqueo" hardly mess up and only some options work ok, for example the brightness loses his slide bar, Haptic does not remember its State, etc., as well as changing its name to the English language.
    However, after uninstall both patches, other patches ("Phone prefs", "Messaging prefs", "Calendar prefs", and "Email prefs") look Ok but don't working well.
    Do you have any update to these problems?
    Last edited by luisgmoespinoza; 04/01/2011 at 12:41 PM.
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    Hello.
    I have a Pre + ATT running 2.1.0, Spanish language.
    When I installed "Advanced System Prefs Framework" app "Sonidos y tonos" slightly mess up, as well as changing its name to the English language.
    When I installed "Advanced System Prefs System Prefs" app "Pantalla y bloqueo" hardly mess up and only some options work ok, for example the brightness loses his slide bar, Haptic does not remember its State, etc., as well as changing its name to the English language.
    However, after uninstall both patches, other patches ("Phone prefs", "Messaging prefs", "Calendar prefs", and "Email prefs") continue working well.
    Do you have any update to these problems?
    The names changing to English is normal since the patch has no localizations, if somebody wants to make the translations for the patches I am more than happy to include them in the patch.

I just tried with Spanish language and can verify that it causes problems. I must have forgot to patch some localization file. I will fix this and release a new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The names changing to English is normal since the patch has no localizations, if somebody wants to make the translations for the patches I am more than happy to include them in the patch.

I just tried with Spanish language and can verify that it causes problems. I must have forgot to patch some localization file. I will fix this and release a new version.
    If you need someone to help you with Spanish translations please consider me.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaol_Espaa, es_es)
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    If you need someone to help you with Spanish translations please consider me.
    Well anybody that wants to do translations can contact me via email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com) and I will send the translation files.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Can you have a global vibe setting that we could set in Mode Switcher? At night I like to keep my data on for backups and downloading podcasts and stuff like that, but I get tweets and I would rather not have to turn those notifications off every night.
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Can you have a global vibe setting that we could set in Mode Switcher? At night I like to keep my data on for backups and downloading podcasts and stuff like that, but I get tweets and I would rather not have to turn those notifications off every night.
    As far as I know not possible. So can only control per app/setting basis, and MS already has support turning of vibrate from system apps. For none system apps an extension would be needed to be written to support setting their configuration...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Just updated through Preware. I read in the first page: "This adds the per contact configuration support, but individual patches are needed for the corresponding options to work."
    Are there any patches for sms per contact 2.1 ?
    The two available ones in Preware are not compatible.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Just updated through Preware. I read in the first page: "This adds the per contact configuration support, but individual patches are needed for the corresponding options to work."
    Are there any patches for sms per contact 2.1 ?
    The two available ones in Preware are not compatible.
    The framework adds the UI part for per contact configuration so you should already see what its able to control. It can set phone alert, sms, im, email etc. alerts per contact. The individual patches mean the other advanced prefs patches which mean for sms/im per contact configuration to work you need the messaging prefs patch. See the wiki for all the features of the patches. Link in the first post..
    hey guys quick question ! i used an unlocked pre2 and did the frankinpre now which advanced patches do i need to use ? thanks sconix for all your hard work !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    my issue is when i start a contact search with just type and bring up the contact and tap on the phone number , it either ,a) does nothing or b) brings up the phone app but it wont dial or even put the number in the box . im not sure if its because im not using the right framework patch or what ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey guys quick question ! i used an unlocked pre2 and did the frankinpre now which advanced patches do i need to use ? thanks sconix for all your hard work !!
    I believe it is just the standard Advanced Systems Prefs - Framework patch will work for that setup.

Basically everyone should just start with the main framework patch. If it fails to install, then move on to the next one. They are all the same with the small exception that they are slightly different to accommodate the slight variances in the webOS 2.1 versions across the different carriers/devices.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    my issue is when i start a contact search with just type and bring up the contact and tap on the phone number , it either ,a) does nothing or b) brings up the phone app but it wont dial or even put the number in the box . im not sure if its because im not using the right framework patch or what ?
    Make sure you install the framework patch for the advanced system prefs. Some folks have installed the framework patch for the advanced system menus thinking it was for the prefs, in which the prefs patches don't work because they are not using the correct framework patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    ive installed all of them at some point or another and it still wont dial a number from the just type if i bring up a contact and hit the phone number ??!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ive installed all of them at some point or another and it still wont dial a number from the just type if i bring up a contact and hit the phone number ??!
    Hmm... Well all I can suggest at this point would be to EPR and start fresh.
    Probably not what you want to hear, but I don't have any other idea at the moment that could possibly help.

EPR is what I would do any way.
    Maybe Sconix is online and can offer another option.

Good Luck.

ok now ive got that one to work im going to load the rest of them ! are there any of these that are not compatible ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ok now ive got that one to work im going to load the rest of them ! are there any of these that are not compatible ??
    All of the advanced systems prefs, menus and the behavior patches are all compatible with each other.

They of course will conflict with any other patch that provides the same/similar functionality.
    Hence why starting with the advanced patches first then loading other patches is a good idea.

yeah i installed all of these at the same time and they would not work like that lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη