Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Did "Close phone app at end of call" not make it into the Advanced Phone Prefs 2.0? (or am I just losing my mind in thinking that was a configurable option in the 1.4.5 version?) Not a huge deal, but just wanted to see -- I just installed this today and it was weird to see the phone app stay open when I ended a call.

Edit -- sorry, I just looked at the AWESOME Wiki** guess that was not an option in the prior version of the system patches. I could have sworn...

** Great job Oakridge!!
    Thanks...

You might be losing your mind... that option was available for the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patches in 1.4.5 as well as the new Advanced Systems Prefs - Phone Prefs patch for 2.1.

It is listed on the wiki..
    Phone Prefs > Configuring the Prefs > Preferences > Application > Close After Call

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I've installed Advanced system Prefs on my Pre 2 with 2.1.0
    However I cannot make calls (except to my carrier) and when someone calls me the phone is not ringing but only after the caller hangs I get the missed call notification.
    Is this a bug or is there a option I should change?
    (I can send/receive smm-mms and can access the 3G network)
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I've installed Advanced system Prefs on my Pre 2 with 2.1.0
    However I cannot make calls (except to my carrier) and when someone calls me the phone is not ringing but only after the caller hangs I get the missed call notification.
    Is this a bug or is there a option I should change?
    (I can send/receive smm-mms and can access the 3G network)
    I am guessing you don't have the framework patch installed even its stated that its required
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    so I have a pre 2 and had all the advanced system and behavior patches installed a few days ago and my light bar was acting normally. I update the patched a few time that Came through preware and now my light bar in the gesture are does not respond how it is supposed to. The gesture area works but the light bar no longer indicates the gesture or light up when you would expect to. All patches that were installed ...installed cleanly...and the phone appears to be functioning properly.....

anyone have any thougts.....I will try and remove the advanced system * patches and try to narrow it down..

maybe it has to do with the modification on blinking notifcations in these various patches....
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    so I have a pre 2 and had all the advanced system and behavior patches installed a few days ago and my light bar was acting normally. I update the patched a few time that Came through preware and now my light bar in the gesture are does not respond how it is supposed to. The gesture area works but the light bar no longer indicates the gesture or light up when you would expect to. All patches that were installed ...installed cleanly...and the phone appears to be functioning properly.....

anyone have any thougts.....I will try and remove the advanced system * patches and try to narrow it down..

maybe it has to do with the modification on blinking notifcations in these various patches....
    I can only say that the patches only modify the blink notify not the light bar behavior. Which I don't think is even patcheable since I think its buried somewhere deep in the system the back gesture light effects etc. And at least my patches by themselves can't cause that to misbehave and I hardly suspect that any patch could. But for that I am not sure, so its possible that failed install or some patch combinations might be able to cause it. But definitely not correct installation of these patches.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post

ok...so i just did one simple test. I disabled notifications in the "screen" ap and it fixed the problem. The light bar acted as it should, properly indicating the gestures and lighting up when tapped. I turned notification back on and it still seemed to work correctly. So for now...it seems that the issue is resolved unless there is some weird corner case that causes this to occur.

I will report back after getting some real notifications to see if all is functioning as expected...
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Thanks...

You might be losing your mind...

It is listed on the wiki..
    Phone Prefs > Configuring the Prefs > Preferences > Application > Close After Call

Crazy and blind. I was looking so hard for it that I completely passed over it in the Wiki. thanks.
    Anyone else notice this? I upgraded the Phone Prefs yesterday and now when I load up the phone app it doesn't always go to my default view! Sometimes dialpad, sometimes my default view, sometimes dialpad then switches to my default view. Anyone else? Something change in the last update?

Thanks,

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am guessing you don't have the framework patch installed even its stated that its required
    Sorry for the naive question. It works fine now.
    For my defense I had indeed read that the framework was needed, but was under the impression it was installed together through Preware.

Thanks again for your work !
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Anyone else notice this? I upgraded the Phone Prefs yesterday and now when I load up the phone app it doesn't always go to my default view! Sometimes dialpad, sometimes my default view, sometimes dialpad then switches to my default view. Anyone else? Something change in the last update?

Thanks,

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Well I changed that code a bit, but it should work. Are you sure that you are not closing the phone app twice within 5 seconds? When that is done then the phone app always starts in dialpad. Its some kind of safety feature which I ignored in previous version, but thought that there most likely is some reason for that so the default view is not applied in that case. If its not that for you then I need to do some more experiment with the new way how I handle the default view.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I changed that code a bit, but it should work. Are you sure that you are not closing the phone app twice within 5 seconds? When that is done then the phone app always starts in dialpad. Its some kind of safety feature which I ignored in previous version, but thought that there most likely is some reason for that so the default view is not applied in that case. If its not that for you then I need to do some more experiment with the new way how I handle the default view.
    Yes I am closing it and opening it, so that would explain part of it. But, the first time I load it starts in dialpad not in my default now. So I would close and reopen it and then get different states. So it looks like there might be an issue with the first time opening?

Let me know if you need more info.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  12.    #272  
    Yes I am closing it and opening it, so that would explain part of it. But, the first time I load it starts in dialpad not in my default now. So I would close and reopen it and then get different states. So it looks like there might be an issue with the first time opening?

Let me know if you need more info.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Let me do some testing to see if I can make it happen, if not then I might ask more info.

Thanks,

CaliMark
    Mark Reed

I had this type of behavior also- I was loading multiple patches and had forgotten to do a luna restart... have you tried doing another luna or full restart since updating?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    I had this type of behavior also- I was loading multiple patches and had forgotten to do a luna restart... have you tried doing another luna or full restart since updating?
    Yes same issues after full restart....

Even changed the settings to see if that would make it stick.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I, too am having problems with this. It does not have any correlation with how often I open and close the phone app. For the information, my default view is my favorites.
  16.    #276  
    I can verify the default view problem, so expect a new release soon.

EDIT: it seems that the safety startup kicks in very easily and therefore the default view was not set. I have now fixed this so in next release the default view works properly.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/30/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I've noticed some odd behavior that, I believe, is linked to the ASP for email:

I have my settings set for email notifications to play a ringtone, blink and for my gmail to push to my phone. This behavior, though, is not consistent. Mainly, the problem is that the ringtone with play, alerting me of a new email, but there will be no notification (visual) at all. When I go to the email app, there's the new email. Also, it seems to be playing the same ringtone after a message sends.
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to add a preference to the Lock Screen settings that would allow people to set the amount of time that the notifications are displayed while the screen is locked? The 3 or so seconds that it currently is doesn't give enough time to look at them if they have to pull the phone out of their pocket or purse, etc. Also it's great to have a separate notifications on/off switch per email, messaging, phone, etc. but would it be possible to have the global Lock Screen notifications on/off switch in the Screen & Lock settings over ride all of the individual ones and by this I mean if the global one is off all the rest are off but if the global one is set to on all of the individual ones revert back to their individual settings. I love all of your patches, keep up all of the great work Sconix.
    Sconix, in regards to default view, can you make it so that when you set your default view, the event_back behavior for that view does not go back to the dialpad, but instead puts the phone app in card view?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I've noticed some odd behavior that, I believe, is linked to the ASP for email:

I have my settings set for email notifications to play a ringtone, blink and for my gmail to push to my phone. This behavior, though, is not consistent. Mainly, the problem is that the ringtone with play, alerting me of a new email, but there will be no notification (visual) at all. When I go to the email app, there's the new email. Also, it seems to be playing the same ringtone after a message sends.
    Yes I am aware of this problem and its marked in the bug website (link in first post). The reason why I haven't yet fixed this is that this is partly WebOS bug and I haven't found a work around. But its just that I haven't had that much time for this one. Will try to find a solution to this in near future though.