Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    The reason why I would want messaging conversations to open in a new card by default is that it is very easy to accidentaly send the wrong person a text when you only have one window and are conversing with multiple people.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So you need to have the normal legacy version of the patch installed (not the VZW).

I just tried setting language to ES-ES and it still worked as it should. And really the same error you had earlier just ain't possible with the latest version (as long as you have the non VZW version of the patch). So maybe try EPR and do fresh install maybe it helps. Or please correct me if I tried wrong language, but all of them should now work without problems.
    Sorry but I continue having the same problems after making an EPR. In some posts you mentioned the possibility of replacing the files that the patch changes with original ones. What files are these?
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    The reason why I would want messaging conversations to open in a new card by default is that it is very easy to accidentaly send the wrong person a text when you only have one window and are conversing with multiple people.
    But the thing is that don't you know when you are chatting with multiple persons so that you can open the chat in new window by the tap-n-hold in that situation. Since the thing that I find disturbing is that I can't just see people doing it all the time so if every message they send they have to close two cards after just seems a bit stupid (which would happen if the conversation opens into new card always and you are only sending a message to one person).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    Sorry but I continue having the same problems after making an EPR. In some posts you mentioned the possibility of replacing the files that the patch changes with original ones. What files are these?
    The replacing files only helps if you are having problem installing the patches not if you have trouble with the patch.

So you have tried EPR + only installing my patch and still can't access the preferences in contacts app with language set to ES_ES? Can you then please verify that it works if you set the language to EN_US and tell me the version of the framework patch you have installed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    But the thing is that don't you know when you are chatting with multiple persons so that you can open the chat in new window by the tap-n-hold in that situation. Since the thing that I find disturbing is that I can't just see people doing it all the time so if every message they send they have to close two cards after just seems a bit stupid (which would happen if the conversation opens into new card always and you are only sending a message to one person).
    You make a valid point. I add my vote for tap-n-hold to open new card for Messaging and Email.
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    You make a valid point. I add my vote for tap-n-hold to open new card for Messaging and Email.
    Good, now couple votes more and I shall add this into my new patch and release that At least it will be better than the current situation, but I still would like to have couple thumbs up so that I know that I don't need to change this in near future to be configurable as the current patch out there would do it. Since I would like to keep the needed prefs to minimum and just don't see this being one that really needs that. Since its not like I could not make the default tap action configurable, but I just have trouble seeing that being really useful in contrast to what I am suggesting.
    The replacing files only helps if you are having problem installing the patches not if you have trouble with the patch.

So you have tried EPR + only installing my patch and still can't access the preferences in contacts app with language set to ES_ES? Can you then please verify that it works if you set the language to EN_US and tell me the version of the framework patch you have installed.
    1) My original Regional Settings:
    Language: Espaņol (Espaņa), Formats: Espaņa, Phone Numbers: Espaņa (+34).
    2) Installed ASP Framework - LEGACY v2.1.0-42 with Preware. Luna restart.
    3) I can't access the preferences in Contacts app.
    4) Changed Regional Settings to:
    English (United States), United States of America, US, Canada, Caribbean (+1). Button "Aply changes and reboot". I think that only Luna restart.
    5) I can access the Preferences & Accounts. All are working good now.
    6) Reverting original Spanish set of Regional Settings. Luna restart.
    7) I can't access the preferences in Contacts app.
    8) With Lumberjack follow logs for Contacs but I think that it is the same error that I showed you before:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Good, now couple votes more and I shall add this into my new patch and release that At least it will be better than the current situation, but I still would like to have couple thumbs up so that I know that I don't need to change this in near future to be configurable as the current patch out there would do it. Since I would like to keep the needed prefs to minimum and just don't see this being one that really needs that. Since its not like I could not make the default tap action configurable, but I just have trouble seeing that being really useful in contrast to what I am suggesting.
    You have my vote too. The tap-n-hold sounds great to me. IIRC, there was a patch similar to this in 1.4.5 that had a lot of momentum behind it but it fizzled out because it was so buggy. So a most people went with the new card per convo patch.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Sounds like a good solution to me, too.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I like the sound of tap-n-hold for new card in both email and messaging. This way you don't have to to have the cards open if you don't want to. I was hoping you add this feature somehow because i had to uninstall it to install your messaging patch.
    Another vote for tap+hold (both email and messaging).

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    You have my vote too. The tap-n-hold sounds great to me. IIRC, there was a patch similar to this in 1.4.5 that had a lot of momentum behind it but it fizzled out because it was so buggy. So a most people went with the new card per convo patch.
    Ok so I have decided that I go with the plan that I have so it will be in new patch called Advanced System Behavior which is 1 part patch which I release tonight. I am just filling info of it in this new thread.

And I noticed by looking at the 1.4.5 patch that yes it definitely had problems, but I think I found a proper way to do it and it should work just fine. At least its working for me currently...

The first release most likely wont have all planned features so when updating the patch you might want to have a look at the wiki of the patch to see the changes so you know to uninstall conflicting patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    +1
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to include both? A toggle that can enable the behavior of opening new cards ALWAYS or just tap-and-hold. I don't want to have to tap and hold all the time.

Another weird thing: I redoctored my Sprint Pre- to 2.1 and started manually reinstalling my patches. When I got the the frameworks patch, the LEGACY failed to install. I ended up installing the Pre 2 patch to get everything to work successfully. I used the LEGACY patch the first time around.
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    Another weird thing: I redoctored my Sprint Pre- to 2.1 and started manually reinstalling my patches. When I got the the frameworks patch, the LEGACY failed to install. I ended up installing the Pre 2 patch to get everything to work successfully. I used the LEGACY patch the first time around.
    Yes this is the case. It seems recently the meta scripts have been updated where those devices using those updated scripts now have to use just the framework patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Man I don't check this thread for one day and I miss a ton.
    - Skinneejay -
    For those of you looking for the new card per convo support (plus more) from Sconix, please see his new Advanced Systems Behavior patch.

18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    Would it be possible to include both? A toggle that can enable the behavior of opening new cards ALWAYS or just tap-and-hold. I don't want to have to tap and hold all the time.

I won't be adding a toggle for this since I really don't want to add configuration for every single thing, but I have plans to someday start working on some sort of tweaks app which could configure stuff that patches add (without the need of the patches adding the configuration UI stuff). So for this having an option for setting the default behavior would be perfect.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I won't be adding a toggle for this since I really don't want to add configuration for every single thing, but I have plans to someday start working on some sort of tweaks app which could configure stuff that patches add (without the need of the patches adding the configuration UI stuff). So for this having an option for setting the default behavior would be perfect.
    Fair enough. Thank you for all of your work; I really appreciate all you do.
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Did "Close phone app at end of call" not make it into the Advanced Phone Prefs 2.0? (or am I just losing my mind in thinking that was a configurable option in the 1.4.5 version?) Not a huge deal, but just wanted to see -- I just installed this today and it was weird to see the phone app stay open when I ended a call.

Edit -- sorry, I just looked at the AWESOME Wiki** guess that was not an option in the prior version of the system patches. I could have sworn...

** Great job Oakridge!!