Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks bud, I'll check it out.

Hmm... I used the wiki off of the front of this thread for "Advanced System Preferences - Framework" (which is what I had the error with). Let me know where the proper thread is and I'll move these posts over there for you.
    At least based on the error log you send it shows advanced system menus - framework I know the names are bit similar so easy to mix them up.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Looking now... did I try and install the wrong one dagnabbit!

<headsmack> You're right.. I saw the word "framework" and installed the wrong one I was going for. I uninstalled the theme I have (it was installed after I tried your patch, I thought. But it was late and I may have done them backwards.)

I'll try the right patch and see how it goes from there. Thanks and sorry for the mistake
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Looking now... did I try and install the wrong one dagnabbit!

<headsmack> You're right.. I saw the word "framework" and installed the wrong one I was going for. I uninstalled the theme I have (it was installed after I tried your patch, I thought. But it was late and I may have done them backwards.)

I'll try the right patch and see how it goes from there. Thanks and sorry for the mistake
    No worries Themes can leave left overs very easily so if you have problems with the patches after EPR and removing of theme in the future then you may need to replace the problem files with original ones. Not sure if WebOS repair utility works already for WebOS 2.x but I guess it does and is the easiest for the job.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I got it all sorted out. I appreciate the fast help Very nice patch!

I just threw a quick donation into the pot for the cause (from itsmetalkin)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to remove the GPS icon in the top bar?
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to remove the GPS icon in the top bar?
    Not currently.
    FYI, the VZW Pre 2 (2.1) patch for Messaging menus seems incomplete. You cannot change notifications per account (the bell icon is missing, though I have it on the email patch).
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    FYI, the VZW Pre 2 (2.1) patch for Messaging menus seems incomplete. You cannot change notifications per account (the bell icon is missing, though I have it on the email patch).
    You most likely have interrupted installation of the patch or some other installation failure. Or you don't have the framework patch installed, or its installation has failed somehow. Since the patch is fully working and I have verified it. The email patch does not require framework for notification configuration to show up, but messaging patch does.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You most likely have interrupted installation of the patch or some other installation failure. Or you don't have the framework patch installed, or its installation has failed somehow. Since the patch is fully working and I have verified it. The email patch does not require framework for notification configuration to show up, but messaging patch does.
    I see now that there's a framework for the prefs as well as the menus.

Unfortunately when I try installing the VZW version of it, I get errors. Not sure what could be conflicting with it. I did notice that the NOTE for the VZW version incorrectly states that it's for the WR version. Hopefully this is just a mislabeling and not the patch itself actually being incorrect.
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    I see now that there's a framework for the prefs as well as the menus.

Unfortunately when I try installing the VZW version of it, I get errors. Not sure what could be conflicting with it. I did notice that the NOTE for the VZW version incorrectly states that it's for the WR version. Hopefully this is just a mislabeling and not the patch itself actually being incorrect.
    Well I was lazy when writing the labels and used the same text, so it does say in the end that the VZW version is different than the WR. I will try to make the descriptions better on next update.

For the patch not installing either you are trying to install the wrong version (try both legacy and the non legacy version of the patch). If both fail then you have some conflicting patch installed. You most likely need the non legacy version but some older meta doctored and other than RAW releases of 2.1 need the legacy one.
  11.    #231  
    So the next phone prefs patch fixes the bug that power button can't be used for rejecting the call while phone is locked.

Also if the auto reply SMS is configured the messaging app is launched if you open the phone lock within 15 seconds from the hangup, but if you just leave the phone be then the auto reply is not done when the phone is eventually unlocked. Since most likely if you don't want to address the hangup right away you most likely don't want to send the message anymore.

When the screen is unlocked the reply is initiated by the pressing of reject button, and by holding the reject button the sending of the reply can be skipped (so it now works the opposite way than before so that its easier for the user to "find", but still having the ability to not initiate the reply at all when wanted).
    Last edited by sconix; 03/27/2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been requested before, but I would like to see compatibility with or the inclusion of the new card per conversation toggle.
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I apologize if this has been requested before, but I would like to see compatibility with or the inclusion of the new card per conversation toggle.
    Well I would like to add tap-n-hold for conversation to open it in new window (which in this case this will be in my new patch), but if people really like to be able to set conversations open into new windows every time then I can consider to add this into this patch.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I would like to add tap-n-hold for conversation to open it in new window (which in this case this will be in my new patch), but if people really like to be able to set conversations open into new windows every time then I can consider to add this into this patch.
    I previously had the "Advanced New Card per Convo" patch installed, and that is one feature I miss. It provides an option in the preferences to open a new card for each. It provided a very smooth workflow with stacks.
    I would like new card for conversation included.
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I would like new card for conversation included.
    Since this has been asked that much I will add this into next release. Just out for curiosity, would people see it useful in email app as well? For some reason I would see it more useful in email app than in messaging, but just wondering since haven't seen such patch exist at any point for email app that is there something that I am missing as in why its not useful there
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    This is very useful in the messaging app where I can be carrying on live conversations with multiple people. I don't see this being very useful in the email app as there not real time conversations and its just as easy to back swipe and go to another message.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think it would be overwhelming in the email app.
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    This is very useful in the messaging app where I can be carrying on live conversations with multiple people. I don't see this being very useful in the email app as there not real time conversations and its just as easy to back swipe and go to another message.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ah I see, I guess its that I never have conversation with many people at the same time then since didn't see it that way In email I many times would need to check stuff from other email while replying to another, but for that I guess anyway the plan that I had to be able to open email to separate card by tap-n-hold would suite much better than opening all.
  20.    #240  
    I am still a bit uncertain that the way the other patch implements the card per conversation is really the best way. Can't see people chatting to multiple people all the time. So would this work (since I really don't see that this needs a configuration option and this way it could be the default behavior imho)?

Normal tap to the buddy/history list in messaging would open it in that window. Tap-n-hold would open it in a new window. Same in email app, tap to email would open it in that window and tap-n-hold in a new window (since at least I really would need sometimes to be able to read another mail while replying to another and bounching between them is really annoying). Then if you already have an email or messaging app open you could open a new by starting the app again. And when there is a messaging/email card already open and you select message from notification then it would open into new application which you most likely want to also happen always instead of just it focusing the one you have open which you want to keep as it is since its still open. So the only difference to the patch would be that its not configurable and to open into new card from the list tap-n-hold would be needed.