Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It is explained on the wiki page. See OP or my signature for the link.
    Ok so the call reject button only works when not answering a call from the lock screen. The call reject used to work with the power button. The action for the power button does not have call reject as an option. So this means that this feature will not work when answering from the lock screen.?
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Ok so the call reject button only works when not answering a call from the lock screen. The call reject used to work with the power button. The action for the power button does not have call reject as an option. So this means that this feature will not work when answering from the lock screen.?
    That could be how it is setup right now.

You could always post a feature request to the redmine site (see wiki or OP for details) so that Sconix will see that and look into possibly adding that as a feature.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    That was a seperate patch. It still works I have it installed. Do a search for ignore call with text.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That was a seperate patch. It still works I have it installed. Do a search for ignore call with text.
    Do you mean this separate patch you speak of works on the lock screen? or both?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Testing it now to see.
    Testing it now to see.
    In the phone pref patch Sconix just has the call reject/ignore send sms option that works when the screen is unlocked. So maybe he'll add that to the phone pref patch too.

Sconix,

Congrats on the great write-up on the front page. Your patches make the pre so much better for all of us...Thanks.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Hey guys... tried to install the Framework patch tonight (following the nice lookin wiki directions) and received the following error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    64 22146 64 14154 0 0 5282 0 0:00:04 0:00:02 0:00:02 6213
    100 22146 100 22146 0 0 8229 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 9674
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 32 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Any suggestions? It's being installed on a FrankenPre (Sprint) running 2.1
    Was just about to post the exact same problem with the exact same error message!

Also on a Sprint FrankenPre+ (Verizon PrePlus with Sprint Comm Board) running WebOS 2.1.0

Tried uninstalling all 'advanced' patches first, didn't work.

Please advise! Thanks for the awesome patches!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey guys... tried to install the Framework patch tonight (following the nice lookin wiki directions) and received the following error:

10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Sorry, completely forgot the lock screen. Well I am actually thinking of revising this feature. I would want to make it so that the tap-n-hold works even when the feature is not enabled and the normal tap would initiate the reply opening if the feature is enabled. But first I need to look into the lock screen thing that can I change that somehow to work with some nice way for the hangup thing, such as using the power button for rejecting etc. So expect changes for this feature.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Do you mean this separate patch you speak of works on the lock screen? or both?
    Yes it works on both locked and unlocked screen. Currently the name isn't populating though so maybe sconix can work his magic with it and have the power button as an option to ignore with text as well.

I just tested and the patch will install but it won't let you ignore with power button anymore. What is the website to add that request? So ignore with text from power button works if sconix patches aren't installed but once you install his patch then the power button can't control it. In 1.4.5 they could coexist but I think his patch has evolved so much that little thing is gone.
  12.    #212  

Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Was just about to post the exact same problem with the exact same error message!

Also on a Sprint FrankenPre+ (Verizon PrePlus with Sprint Comm Board) running WebOS 2.1.0

Tried uninstalling all 'advanced' patches first, didn't work.

Please advise! Thanks for the awesome patches!
    System menus have their own thread, but anyway the reason is that you both have conflicting patches. If you unwilling to try figuring out which one then the EPR way described in the wiki is the easiest.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sorry, completely forgot the lock screen. Well I am actually thinking of revising this feature. I would want to make it so that the tap-n-hold works even when the feature is not enabled and the normal tap would initiate the reply opening if the feature is enabled. But first I need to look into the lock screen thing that can I change that somehow to work with some nice way for the hangup thing, such as using the power button for rejecting etc. So expect changes for this feature.
    That would be so nice in 1.4.5 power button ignore patch could coexist but it won't now since your patch has evolved.
  14.    #214  
    That would be so nice in 1.4.5 power button ignore patch could coexist but it won't now since your patch has evolved.
    Yes, so the plan is that when the feature is enabled pressing the reject button (when not locked) / power button (when locked) will initiate the auto reply. When not enabled you could still initiate the auto reply with tap-n-hold (when not locked) / holding power button (or double press not sure which is doable yet) to initiate the auto reply. This way you can even control that do you want the auto reply be the "default" operation or you just want to use it rarely.
    Yes, so the plan is that when the feature is enabled pressing the reject button (when not locked) / power button (when locked) will initiate the auto reply. When not enabled you could still initiate the auto reply with tap-n-hold (when not locked) / holding power button (or double press not sure which is doable yet) to initiate the auto reply. This way you can even control that do you want the auto reply be the "default" operation or you just want to use it rarely.
    That would be awesome. Which thread do I report a gps icon bug?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Trying to install advanced system prefs framework - LEGACY VZW on a vzw pre+ running 2.1.0 and keep getting following error even after EPR. Any suggestions?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    9 56920 9 5546 0 0 13564 0 0:00:04 --:--:-- 0:00:04 23108
    100 56920 100 56920 0 0 71618 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 90926
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/94/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Disregard the previous post. I was able to install the non legacy version for VZW.
    sorry sconix... Thought I posted in the right thread. I have no other patches installed. I'll take a look and post on the correct thread. Thanks

System menus have their own thread, but anyway the reason is that you both have conflicting patches. If you unwilling to try figuring out which one then the EPR way described in the wiki is the easiest.
  19.    #219  
    sorry sconix... Thought I posted in the right thread. I have no other patches installed. I'll take a look and post on the correct thread. Thanks
    Well its not like you are the only one mistaking the threads If you don't have any patches then maybe you have a theme? The error on the css file lets me to believe this. If you are sure that you don't have patches (have run EPR) and no themes installed then you can replace those two files to with the original ones to get things back on track.
    Thanks bud, I'll check it out.

Hmm... I used the wiki off of the front of this thread for "Advanced System Preferences - Framework" (which is what I had the error with). Let me know where the proper thread is and I'll move these posts over there for you.