Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Everything updated fine except Advanced Phone Prefs. I sent the error log to your email. I epr'd and installed the patches 1 by 1 beginning with the framework but can't reinstall any versions of the Phone Prefs patch.
    You should post the log here as well so others might be able to help!
    However, if you EPR'd it could be something else. Seeing the log would be very helpful.

Were these the first patches you installed after EPR'ing?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    You should post the log here as well so others might be able to help!
    However, if you EPR'd it could be something else. Seeing the log would be very helpful.

Were these the first patches you installed after EPR'ing?
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 28182 100 28182 0 0 35151 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 97179
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    50 28182 50 14154 0 0 16980 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 52813
    100 28182 100 28182 0 0 33045 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 98195
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Here you go. Any help is always appreciated. And yes attempt was after EPR on a clean patchless pre.
  3.    #183  
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 28182 100 28182 0 0 35151 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 97179
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    50 28182 50 14154 0 0 16980 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 52813
    100 28182 100 28182 0 0 33045 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 98195
    Identify
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Here you go. Any help is always appreciated. And yes attempt was after EPR on a clean patchless pre.
    I don't know why that file has failed to restore for some people when updating. But you can remove the phone prefs patch and then restore that file to its original state using webos repair utility.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Re:Hangup option in the Phone Prefs

Does this option apply to all calls, even those on speaker or bluetooth? If so, could there be an option to not have it on those calls?
    Hangup only applies to normal phone calls, not when on speaker of bluetooth since you normally want to use the phone when on those so the hangup action does not concern those situations.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I don't know why that file has failed to restore for some people when updating. But you can remove the phone prefs patch and then restore that file to its original state using webos repair utility.
    I don't think Repair Utility is an option for a Sprint Pre running the 2.1 meta-doctor. I will have to run Rod's script again on cygwin and try to get Repair Utility to use that version of the doctor once it opens up. Fun times!
  6.    #186  
    I don't think Repair Utility is an option for a Sprint Pre running the 2.1 meta-doctor. I will have to run Rod's script again on cygwin and try to get Repair Utility to use that version of the doctor once it opens up. Fun times!
    As long as the doctor is 2.1 the file is the same so no need to be the exact same (at least for this file).
    Hangup only applies to normal phone calls, not when on speaker of bluetooth since you normally want to use the phone when on those so the hangup action does not concern those situations.
    I'll update the wiki to reflect this.
    As long as the doctor is 2.1 the file is the same so no need to be the exact same (at least for this file).
    What is th name/location of the corrupted file that needs replacing?
  9.    #189  
    What is th name/location of the corrupted file that needs replacing?
    Its said in the error log, the file that is failing, in your case:
    /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Not sure it was intended since I haven't been keeping up with this thread..

The ability to end calls while on speakerphone with the power button no longer works after updating the patches
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Not sure it was intended since I haven't been keeping up with this thread..

The ability to end calls while on speakerphone with the power button no longer works after updating the patches
    Its because when you are on speakerphone the screen can timeout (turn off) so you most likely want to turn it on and not to hangup. Also on long speakerphone conversations you might want to turn the screen off.

If you enable the automatic audio change (which keeps screen on all the time since its the "switch" that toggles the audio source) then the power button is enabled for the hangup. At least I don't see much downside keeping the audio change on, but maybe there is a situation when its not wanted.
    Its said in the error log, the file that is failing, in your case:
    /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.speeddialbackup
    I simply downloaded a 2.1 doctor then extracted said file with a 7zip program straight to my device, then copied over the corrupt file using Internalz. Restarted, patch installed and working! Thanks again sconix!!!
    I do not know if you have included in this release (ASP Frameworks v2.1.0-42):
    I release a refreshed versions later today, only small fixes and changes. The main change is that now all languages provided by WR version should be supported.
    the changes for locale es_es you had mentioned in:
    At the moment I only patch the "main" file of each language which for ES means the plain ES so not sure what language uses just that locale. I see that there is ES_ES that I don't patch at the moment so I guess your language uses that. I will include that for the next set of release.
    But when I've installed all ASP Frameworks, I have obtained the following results: generic and VZW refuses to install, and with LEGACY and LEGACY-VZW that install without problems when I try to open in the menu of Contacs app the Preferences and accounts nothing happens as as happened before. With the same /var/log/messages two lines in the time I tried to open the "Preferences and accounts" Contacs menu as mentioned in this post.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    I do not know if you have included in this release (ASP Frameworks v2.1.0-42):

the changes for locale es_es you had mentioned in:

But when I've installed all ASP Frameworks, I have obtained the following results: generic and VZW refuses to install, and with LEGACY and LEGACY-VZW that install without problems when I try to open in the menu of Contacs app the Preferences and accounts nothing happens as as happened before. With the same /var/log/messages two lines in the time I tried to open the "Preferences and accounts" Contacs menu as mentioned in this post.
    So you need to have the normal legacy version of the patch installed (not the VZW).

I just tried setting language to ES-ES and it still worked as it should. And really the same error you had earlier just ain't possible with the latest version (as long as you have the non VZW version of the patch). So maybe try EPR and do fresh install maybe it helps. Or please correct me if I tried wrong language, but all of them should now work without problems.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have the non legacy versions installed on my pre- 2.1.0 and have noticed a few bugs. I have specific tones set for some contacts for SMS. I don't seem to be getting banner SMS notification for all contacts.....I sometimes hear the sound and then look for the banner sms notification....nothing...but it is present when I open up the messaging app....
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have the non legacy versions installed on my pre- 2.1.0 and have noticed a few bugs. I have specific tones set for some contacts for SMS. I don't seem to be getting banner SMS notification for all contacts.....I sometimes hear the sound and then look for the banner sms notification....nothing...but it is present when I open up the messaging app....
    I have experienced this for both messaging and email, I am looking into this, but so far it looks random. Which has lead to me thing that its partly a webOS bug. There seems to be some bug with the device sleeping stuff, and I suspect that device goes to sleep before the banner is shown and hence it is not shown at all at some times. I am experimenting with different thing such as telling the WebOS to stay awake a bit longer when playing notification. Will release an update when I think I have managed to go around the WebOS bug. The code was the same in 1.4.5 for these notifications and there was zero problems hence I am pretty sure it has something to do with WebOS 2.x bugs. But I should be able to find a workaround.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    how call reject and sending sms on call reject supposed to work. It used open an sms with the appropriate message when I hit the power button twice. Now it does not seem to work. It just silences the ringer and noting else happens not matter how many time I hit the power button...
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    how call reject and sending sms on call reject supposed to work. It used open an sms with the appropriate message when I hit the power button twice. Now it does not seem to work. It just silences the ringer and noting else happens not matter how many time I hit the power button...
    It is explained on the wiki page. See OP or my signature for the link.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It is explained on the wiki page. See OP or my signature for the link.
    " On Call Reject: [Do Nothing | Send SMS Reply]
    This setting determines when an incoming call is rejected/ignored. If the Send SMS Reply option is selected, you will be presented with a default message to use or you can tap that text field to edit it and supply your own message.

Note: To activate the Send SMS Reply feature, you must Tap + Hold the call reject/ignore button on the incoming call. The incoming call will be rejected/ignored like normally, but in addition the messaging app will be opened with the message defined in the Send SMS Reply setting.

"

What is the call reject button. It is not stated anywehre on the WIKI
    The red button when the phone is ringing.