Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I was having trouble installing the Power Menu and pinpointed the problem to the patch "Just Charge By Default."
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I was having trouble installing the Power Menu and pinpointed the problem to the patch "Just Charge By Default."
    Yes thats patch is included in the power menu patch since it modifies the exact same spot so those patches would have conflicted any way so I included it in the patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I had trouble installing the framework on 2.1 (Sprint Pre-), but got it fixed by restoring files to their original state. I removed all my patches yet the framework still had errors with the hunks.

The files it had trouble with are:
    usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/apps/bar/bar-scene.html
    usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Replaced those and it installed fine.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Hey there

It seems like there is an incompability between "Advanced System Menus Framework" and "Battery Icon as Percent". Whenever I want to install both it gives the error "1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;.

I wanted to install the Framework and it failed with the same message until I removed the "Battery Icon as Percent"-patch. After I installed the framework I can't install the other patch because of the error
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Hey there

It seems like there is an incompability between "Advanced System Menus Framework" and "Battery Icon as Percent". Whenever I want to install both it gives the error "1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;.

I wanted to install the Framework and it failed with the same message until I removed the "Battery Icon as Percent"-patch. After I installed the framework I can't install the other patch because of the error
    Yes they touch the same parts, it would be easier to make those battery patches compatible than mine with them. Anyway there is at least one battery percentage patch that install with the framework. I will see if I can do something to make things better but only after I have got the adv sys prefs patches and MS 2.0 out which both should be within next couple weeks, well the patches for sure during next week.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks a lot!
    Sorry for the doublepost, but I think this deserves a bump so sconix notices it faster:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2899444-post505.html

Someone has updated the battery percent patch
    The 'Advanced System Menus - Device Menu' seemed to be working fine with webOS 2.0.1, but after yesterday's update to webOS 2.1.0 the 'Device Menu' is not working properly. For one the 'Turn on LED Flashlight - toggle' no longer works. Secondly the Wi-Fi line does not display the network name, that is not until you turn Wi-Fi off/on.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The 'Advanced System Menus - Device Menu' seemed to be working fine with webOS 2.0.1, but after yesterday's update to webOS 2.1.0 the 'Device Menu' is not working properly. For one the 'Turn on LED Flashlight - toggle' no longer works. Secondly the Wi-Fi line does not display the network name, that is not until you turn Wi-Fi off/on.
    After installing the 2.1 version of the patch, you have to completely restart your device, not just a luna restart for the flashlight part to work. I can't remember what Sconix said the reasoning was for that, but tested and confirmed. After a full restart, the flashlight toggle works as it should.

I saw the wifi line in the patch also not show my wireless network at first. It seems after a reboot or two (installing other stuff), it did show up eventually for me.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    After installing the 2.1 version of the patch, you have to completely restart your device, not just a luna restart for the flashlight part to work. I can't remember what Sconix said the reasoning was for that, but tested and confirmed. After a full restart, the flashlight toggle works as it should.

I saw the wifi line in the patch also not show my wireless network at first. It seems after a reboot or two (installing other stuff), it did show up eventually for me.
    I have done a "full restart", but to no avail. The flashlight toggle still does not work.

PS: I just now did a complete restart again, but although the 'flashlight toggle' itself worked for a few times, that is the toggle changed from 'on/off/on etc. but the flashlight itself never came on and then after a few times, the toggle itself stopped workign again.

11.    #171  
    I have done a "full restart", but to no avail. The flashlight toggle still does not work.

PS: I just now did a complete restart again, but although the 'flashlight toggle' itself worked for a few times, that is the toggle changed from 'on/off/on etc. but the flashlight itself never came on and then after a few times, the toggle itself stopped workign again.
    I am now seeing both of these problems, don't know why I did not before. Maybe I have accidentally skipped the testing of latest version and tested older one. Will fix these and release an update.

EDIT: actually it works in my pre-, but not in pre2 with 2.1. So I will look into this and expect new releases during this week.

Have you installed Jason's new Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $and$ $updated$ $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Have you installed Jason's new Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $and$ $updated$ $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$?
    I have, although the 'flashlight toggle' used to work perfectly fine on webOS 2.0.1, when 'Jason's Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$' $were$ $not$ $even$ $available$ $for$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$.

14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I have, although the 'flashlight toggle' used to work perfectly fine on webOS 2.0.1, when 'Jason's Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $and$ $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$' $were$ $not$ $even$ $available$ $for$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$.
    My patch does not use Jason's framework, I wanted the patch to be its own package without dependencies. There just is a small bug which I already fixed, will release the updated versions during this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Hey there

the problem is the battery icon as a percent author has added the "show actual battery percent" into his patch and sconix has added the GPS icon to the top bar into his framework patch. These two patches have never worked together so unless the supergenius Sconix can figure this out and incorperate them both into his patch you will have to choose a different percent patch. both the icon + verticle percent and the rotated 270 + percent patches work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm getting something weird, and it's not consistent across devices...

I have 2 Pre's, one's crap and one's my phone. On the crap one I installed 2.1 to see how it worked etc etc, and I installed System menus and everythings fine. Restarts don't change the settings.

On my phone, I installed it, and everytime I do a luna or device restart, it goes back to the default settings of when you first install. It will never save my settings. Also, when I hit a large dropdown, such as Devices, if I close the Device Menu, then open it back up, Devices is still dropped down, and if I try to close it, it just toggles the LED. I tried removing and reinstalling but it has the same results. Is there something I should try?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'm getting something weird, and it's not consistent across devices...

I have 2 Pre's, one's crap and one's my phone. On the crap one I installed 2.1 to see how it worked etc etc, and I installed System menus and everythings fine. Restarts don't change the settings.

On my phone, I installed it, and everytime I do a luna or device restart, it goes back to the default settings of when you first install. It will never save my settings. Also, when I hit a large dropdown, such as Devices, if I close the Device Menu, then open it back up, Devices is still dropped down, and if I try to close it, it just toggles the LED. I tried removing and reinstalling but it has the same results. Is there something I should try?
    forgive me for saying this but are you sure you are calling the right phone crap?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    forgive me for saying this but are you sure you are calling the right phone crap?
    yeah, watch how you throw around names.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    The Pre is cracked in 3 different places, missing the USB door, the screen is permanently..I don't even know. It's like it absorbed water and the water stuck but it still works. The slider is almost stuck, you have to force it out.

It's not usable, so..it's crap to me. I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The Pre is cracked in 3 different places, missing the USB door, the screen is permanently..I don't even know. It's like it absorbed water and the water stuck but it still works. The slider is almost stuck, you have to force it out.

It's not usable, so..it's crap to me. I apologize.
    hey i was just kidding.
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast