Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Sconix,

Could you tell me what framework file the phone uses after applying this patch? Just wondering, because I have the smiley patch which modifies the palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs $framework$. $But$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $after$ $applying$ $these$ $patches$, $even$ $though$ $it$ $installs$ $cleanly$, $so$ $I$ $was$ $wondering$ $if$ $you$ $changed$ $the$ $phone$ $so$ $that$ $it$ $uses$ $another$ $file$ $instead$ $of$ $that$ $one$? $That$ $way$ $I$ $can$ $try$ $to$ $write$ $a$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $patch$ $that$ $works$ $with$ $the$ $Advanced$ $System$ $Menus$.
    The patch should not modify that file at all or anything related to that. Maybe if you tell more closely what your patch does and what it modifies I could come up with a reason why my patch makes yours not work. Although I have tried to do the patch so that it would not interfere with anything.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The patch should not modify that file at all or anything related to that. Maybe if you tell more closely what your patch does and what it modifies I could come up with a reason why my patch makes yours not work. Although I have tried to do the patch so that it would not interfere with anything.

I attached the patch, so you could better look.

It's not well, actually, my patch, I just put the relevant pieces where they should go in 2.1.0. But from what I can tell, the patch creates its own Sym Key smiley table for the key values for Z and K and tells the PalmInitFramework367.jsjsjs $file$ $its$ $location$. $Then$ $it$ $modifies$ $the$ $PalmInitFramework367$.$js$ $file$ $so$ $that$ $anytime$ $someone$ $does$ $Sym$ + $key$ $code$ $75$ ($k$) $or$ $90$ ($z$), $they$ $get$ $the$ $smiley$ $table$ $instead$ $of$ $the$ $full$ $default$ $table$.

EDIT: I'm not really sure this patch is the problem anymore...it was working and I noticed it wasn't and I figured this Framework patch may have changed something, but after removing every single patch and adding the smiley patch, I had the same problem. So something on my Pre may have gotten changed somehow, I'm not sure. So you can ignore this message for now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by malpha; 03/04/2011 at 01:46 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Are you talking about the calendar app itself if yes then those patches does not effect that. If you are talking about today menu then the 1.4.5 version has problems with some repeating events. Unfortunately I am currently only working with 2.1 versions of my patches so no updates for the old ones at this moment.
    OK, thanks SCONIX. I guess I'll have to look for another answer to my calendar issues. It is within the calendar app.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I attached the patch, so you could better look.

It's not well, actually, my patch, I just put the relevant pieces where they should go in 2.1.0. But from what I can tell, the patch creates its own Sym Key smiley table for the key values for Z and K and tells the PalmInitFramework367.jsjsjs $file$ $its$ $location$. $Then$ $it$ $modifies$ $the$ $PalmInitFramework367$.$js$ $file$ $so$ $that$ $anytime$ $someone$ $does$ $Sym$ + $key$ $code$ $75$ ($k$) $or$ $90$ ($z$), $they$ $get$ $the$ $smiley$ $table$ $instead$ $of$ $the$ $full$ $default$ $table$.

EDIT: I'm not really sure this patch is the problem anymore...it was working and I noticed it wasn't and I figured this Framework patch may have changed something, but after removing every single patch and adding the smiley patch, I had the same problem. So something on my Pre may have gotten changed somehow, I'm not sure. So you can ignore this message for now.
    Yes, definitely its not the framework patch that is causing it not to work. I don't see anything that could cause problems.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    EDIT: wrong room, please move!

Hi, I have a few days back a palm prprpr$2$, $but$ $I$ $can$ $not$ $in$ $any$ $way$ $to$ $download$ $and$ $install$ $the$ $patch$ &$quot$;$Advanced$ $Menu$ $System$ $Framework$&$quot$;, $every$ $time$ $I$ $get$ $an$ $error$ $message$.

This is the log IPKG:

begin

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    25 21264 25 5486 0 0 2476 0 0:00:08 0:00:02 0:00:06 4522
    100 21264 100 21264 0 0 8711 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 14787
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm

install-prerm

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 28 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete

failed

with the previous prprpr$2$ $I$ $bought$ $in$ $November$ $I$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $immediately$.

Suggestions?
    Yes the gesture+tap is "broken" in WebOS 2.0. Or I guess they have just decided to let it go. So orange+tap is the way to go for now. I have wanted to look for the tap-n-hold thing but haven't just got into doing it. I will look into it for next releases since it seems that the gesture+tap is not coming back. Well anyway for the configuration the holding makes sense.

Seems that the orange+tap in mode menu is not happening so will fix that as well for next releases.

EDIT: I just added the holding for editing, will release the updated framework patch maybe tomorrow, in any case soon. Also fixed the mode menu thing.
    Just updated to your latest System Menus framework and now I can't access the configuration using <meta-tap> or <meta-hold>, did u add it to this update, seems like that option is now gone? <meta-tap> still works for toggles within the menu with some issues still....

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Just updated to your latest System Menus framework and now I can't access the configuration using <meta-tap> or <meta-hold>, did u add it to this update, seems like that option is now gone? <meta-tap> still works for toggles within the menu with some issues still....

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    So with the latest version to access the configuration just hold your finger for a while in the menu area on the top bar Or use the orange+tap. I did not add the meta thing since it really seems something that they are going to leave out in the future versions.

EDIT: I will remove all the meta+tap stuff in upcoming releases...since the issues come from the fact that meta+tap is not supported in WebOS anymore (at least it seems like that).
    Last edited by sconix; 03/04/2011 at 05:15 PM.
    So with the latest version to access the configuration just hold your finger for a while in the menu area on the top bar Or use the orange+tap. I did not add the meta thing since it really seems something that they are going to leave out in the future versions.

EDIT: I will remove all the meta+tap stuff in upcoming releases...since the issues come from the fact that meta+tap is not supported in WebOS anymore (at least it seems like that).
    NICE! Holding works! And seems like a good solution if they are indeed taking out the <meta-tap> maybe since the Touchpad doesn't have a gesture area, but it is still present on the PRE3 and Veer. But swipes on the gesture area aren't going away?

Will you be making the submenus work in the same way? Maybe a hold to toggle and a quick tap to pull down the menu? Or vice-versa?

Again great work!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    NICE! Holding works! And seems like a good solution if they are indeed taking out the <meta-tap> maybe since the Touchpad doesn't have a gesture area, but it is still present on the PRE3 and Veer. But swipes on the gesture area aren't going away?

Will you be making the submenus work in the same way? Maybe a hold to toggle and a quick tap to pull down the menu? Or vice-versa?

Again great work!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I haven't yet decided what to do with the menu items. The holding would be simple, but don't see any advantage in it. At least holding is not faster than taping twice. Anyway I wont be addressing this issue now, when I have some extra time then I figure out what to do with this matter.
    I don't know WOSQI since I don't use it myself. I prefer preware.

The VZW one is for the verizon release (has only en and es languages) and the plain one is for World Ready releases.
    I am not quite sure I understand what a 'World Ready' releases is. The unlocked Pre 2 being sold by HP in the US is neither 'World Ready' nor is it a 'Verizon' phone, thus which category does it fall under?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am not quite sure I understand what a 'World Ready' releases is. The unlocked Pre 2 being sold by HP in the US is neither 'World Ready' nor is it a 'Verizon' phone, thus which category does it fall under?
    Forget about marketing terms and use precise model and carrier identifiers.

The unlocked Pre 2 sold by HP in the US is a P102UNA on the "ROW" carrier. "ROW" = "Rest of World" = "World Ready" = "GSM" = "not US-only CDMA"

The verizon Pre 2 is a P102EWW on the "Verizon" carrier.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi

it won't work, so i try to deinstall it:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/363/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/93/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    28 out of 28 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej

what can i do?

have palm pre2 ROW 2.01 german
    Hey Rod, please tell me gestures aren't going away...I love gestures! Been busy lately and not able to keep up with Pre 3 and beyond at the moment.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Hey Rod, please tell me gestures aren't going away...I love gestures! Been busy lately and not able to keep up with Pre 3 and beyond at the moment.
    I don't think nobody knows whats going to happen for the gestures at this moment not even HP.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmund View Post
    Hi

it won't work, so i try to deinstall it:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/363/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/93/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    28 out of 28 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej

what can i do?

have palm pre2 ROW 2.01 german
    It looks like you are trying to install it over and not uninstall. Not sure how thats possible with Preware at least. It might be some sort of installation failure if you said it that it does not work, but hard to know what you mean by that, the framework patch itself does not add anything. If all else fails you can always run EPR (emergency patch recovery app which can be found from preware) to remove all patches and then install them back using the installed list in Preware.
    Sconix. the GPS icon in the top bar conflicts with the actual battery percent patch -- your patches are the bomb and they trump all other patches so yours are the ones i will be installing. i was hopefull that you could incorperate the actual battery percent into your patch as well because as i am so AR i hate to have the battery percent mis-represented -- just asking

thanks
    rob

oh and since money talks and BS walks -- well donation on it's way
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Sconix. the GPS icon in the top bar conflicts with the actual battery percent patch your patches are the bomb and they trump all other patches so yours are the ones i will be installing. i was hopefull that you could incorperate the actual battery percent into your patch as well because as i am so AR i hate to have the battery percent mis-represented -- just asking

thanks
    rob

Its in the TODO list to have the battery icon configurable, but first I need to come up with a common tweaks app, since I don't want to make add UI configuration stuff into the core WebOS for every single tiny option. So this is in the long term plan, but not in near future since unfortunately I am not that interested what my battery level is since I know it will last the day and thats enough, and usually what I am interested effects on the time wise location of those TODO items Anyway currently busy getting adv sys prefs done and MS 2.0.
    Its in the TODO list to have the battery icon configurable, but first I need to come up with a common tweaks app, since I don't want to make add UI configuration stuff into the core WebOS for every single tiny option. So this is in the long term plan, but not in near future since unfortunately I am not that interested what my battery level is since I know it will last the day and thats enough, and usually what I am interested effects on the time wise location of those TODO items Anyway currently busy getting adv sys prefs done and MS 2.0.
    thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Sconix. the GPS icon in the top bar conflicts with the actual battery percent patch -- your patches are the bomb and they trump all other patches so yours are the ones i will be installing. i was hopefull that you could incorperate the actual battery percent into your patch as well because as i am so AR i hate to have the battery percent mis-represented -- just asking

thanks
    rob

The "Battery icon and vertical percent" patch works with sconix's.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    The "Battery icon and vertical percent" patch works with sconix's.
    thanks for this -- the one with the icon flipped 270 works as well but they do not desplay the actual percent only the one reported by the ui this is my delema -- not even sure why it bothers me but when i check battery monitor and the 2 numbers are disperate it bugs me. on my pre+ i always wanted to have the GPS icon and the actual percent patch but they would conflict so i had to choose -- if any one can get them to play well toghethr it is Sconix so i hope after he gets all finished with the 2.0 updates and is moving forward this sis something he can look at

thanks again
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast