Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #121  
    Hi sconix, I wanted to go ahead and try the Power Menu patch, but I'm having some problems getting it installed. It saves 2 out of 5 hunts to the bar-assistant file, but I think I removed all the patches that modify that file except for the other System Menu patches I have. Do you think I should EPR?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2.    #122  
    Now I think I finally found the last bug so hold on your horses until 2.1.0-9. It finally should be fully working for everyone.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #123  
    Sconix it's an issue with my calendar. Now the delay is between days 2 and 3. Must be an issue with my Saturday appointments.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Sconix it's an issue with my calendar. Now the delay is between days 2 and 3. Must be an issue with my Saturday appointments.
    There might exist even some very old event that your calendar is not showing, but today menu checks that as well. The one more bug that I found actually could effect on this so the next version might work better even for that day for you.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #125  
    Okay. That may explain why it still does it even after I've deleted all of Friday's and Saturday's events. So, I should upgrade to the one in the Preware feed instead of the one you emailed me?
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Okay. That may explain why it still does it even after I've deleted all of Friday's and Saturday's events. So, I should upgrade to the one in the Preware feed instead of the one you emailed me?
    Just wait for the 2.1.0-9 to hit the feed and update to that. It at least has all the checks working. I will push it as soon as I hear from one test user that still had some problems with the last release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #127  
    Today Menu patch is not working on a german Palm Pre-
    No Menu appears on tapping the top bar. But i can edit the menu.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by talorin View Post
    Today Menu patch is not working on a german Palm Pre-
    No Menu appears on tapping the top bar. But i can edit the menu.
    I already pushed a new releases that fixes this, there was one typo left to the last release that prevent menu to show up if there is certain type of repeating events in the calendars. So versions 2.0.1-56 and 2.1.0-9 will work and they should appear in the feeds today.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #129  
    i am not sure if this has been covered but one of your patches may add the GPS icon and the mute icon to the top bar (presumably the framework patch?) i can live without other patches but this conflicts with the battery as a percent patches and i love these -- i was wondering of this conflict might be resolved in the future?
    I have a pre 2 on verizon with 2.0.1 OS.... Love your apps & patches
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i am not sure if this has been covered but one of your patches may add the GPS icon and the mute icon to the top bar (presumably the framework patch?) i can live without other patches but this conflicts with the battery as a percent patches and i love these -- i was wondering of this conflict might be resolved in the future?
    I have a pre 2 on verizon with 2.0.1 OS.... Love your apps & patches
    Yes, framework patch adds those. And I hope that those patches are made compatible since they are small and much easier to make compatible. There is one battery percent patch that is compatible or that what I have been told, but not sure is it for 2.0.1 or 2.1.0 or both. Thanks, donations accepted I am hard at work on the adv sys prefs patches and they should get into the wild maybe after a week already and they will be even better that they were for 1.4.5
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #131  
    Also i have a question about the power patch -- how do i customize what is shown?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Also i have a question about the power patch -- how do i customize what is shown?
    Wiki would tell, but since I am a nice person I tell also Just hold the power button again when you have the power menu visible. Then you get the configuration view and just back swipe when done.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #133  
    Sconix,

    Thanks for the updated Today menu patch seems to display calendar items better now!

    I have been fooling around with the gesture tap interface to open the menus and am noticing some weird activity, hopefully I have a good understanding of the operation of the menus....

    When I click on the menu it drops down in default options, when I <meta-tap> then click device menu it opens in the configuration menu as it should. But, once I make my changes to the menu it stays in configuration mode, then I have to open the slider or tap the orange key to make it switch back (a gesture swipe seems to reset it back as well.) Shouldn't another <meta-tap> make it switch back? Also, when the device menu is open and I use <meta-tap> to toggle an option when the menu closes the next time I open it's in configuration mode? Again a <meta-tap> doesn't change it back so I have to open phone and use orange key (or back-swipe seems to work.)

    The today menu acts the same way, I can't <meta-tap> to switch out of configuration mode!

    In the mode menu (using your beta patch for 2.x) it does same as others, plus, when the menu is dropped down, It doesn't let me <meta-tap> to toggle a mode, it just opens the sub-menu as normal.

    Maybe I just don't understand the operation you have set up? But, could u look at the way it operates and see if you agree that it seems a bit strange? Also, I feel that <meta-hold> is a bit more of a natural hand operation maybe switch it to that?

    Let me know what u think and would love to retest it!

    Thanks for all your hard work!

    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

    Thanks for the updated Today menu patch seems to display calendar items better now!

    I have been fooling around with the gesture tap interface to open the menus and am noticing some weird activity, hopefully I have a good understanding of the operation of the menus....

    When I click on the menu it drops down in default options, when I <meta-tap> then click device menu it opens in the configuration menu as it should. But, once I make my changes to the menu it stays in configuration mode, then I have to open the slider or tap the orange key to make it switch back (a gesture swipe seems to reset it back as well.) Shouldn't another <meta-tap> make it switch back? Also, when the device menu is open and I use <meta-tap> to toggle an option when the menu closes the next time I open it's in configuration mode? Again a <meta-tap> doesn't change it back so I have to open phone and use orange key (or back-swipe seems to work.)

    The today menu acts the same way, I can't <meta-tap> to switch out of configuration mode!

    In the mode menu (using your beta patch for 2.x) it does same as others, plus, when the menu is dropped down, It doesn't let me <meta-tap> to toggle a mode, it just opens the sub-menu as normal.

    Maybe I just don't understand the operation you have set up? But, could u look at the way it operates and see if you agree that it seems a bit strange? Also, I feel that <meta-hold> is a bit more of a natural hand operation maybe switch it to that?

    Let me know what u think and would love to retest it!

    Thanks for all your hard work!

    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Yes the gesture+tap is "broken" in WebOS 2.0. Or I guess they have just decided to let it go. So orange+tap is the way to go for now. I have wanted to look for the tap-n-hold thing but haven't just got into doing it. I will look into it for next releases since it seems that the gesture+tap is not coming back. Well anyway for the configuration the holding makes sense.

    Seems that the orange+tap in mode menu is not happening so will fix that as well for next releases.

    EDIT: I just added the holding for editing, will release the updated framework patch maybe tomorrow, in any case soon. Also fixed the mode menu thing.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/03/2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the gesture+tap is "broken" in WebOS 2.0. Or I guess they have just decided to let it go. So orange+tap is the way to go for now. I have wanted to look for the tap-n-hold thing but haven't just got into doing it. I will look into it for next releases since it seems that the gesture+tap is not coming back. Well anyway for the configuration the holding makes sense.

    Seems that the orange+tap in mode menu is not happening so will fix that as well for next releases.

    EDIT: I just added the holding for editing, will release the updated framework patch maybe tomorrow, in any case soon. Also fixed the mode menu thing.
    Just tested the (beta) mode menu patch and the <meta-tap> does toggle the modes now. Can't wait to test the updated framework to see how the other changes work. Thanks again!

    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  16. #136  
    hi with WEBOS quick install i see always two version of all advance system menus: exemple Mode Menu V2.0.1-22 and 2.0.1-50 (VZW)

    which one should I take for my Palm Pre2? the one with VZW, they are newer.

    both get errors when i install them the first time, after the second trail it work...but I don't see them on my Pre2

    regards

    Bernd
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmund View Post
    hi with WEBOS quick install i see always two version of all advance system menus: exemple Mode Menu V2.0.1-22 and 2.0.1-50 (VZW)

    which one should I take for my Palm Pre2? the one with VZW, they are newer.

    both get errors when i install them the first time, after the second trail it work...but I don't see them on my Pre2

    regards

    Bernd
    I don't know WOSQI since I don't use it myself. I prefer preware.

    The VZW one is for the verizon release (has only en and es languages) and the plain one is for World Ready releases.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #138  
    Sconix,

    Could you tell me what framework file the phone uses after applying this patch? Just wondering, because I have the smiley patch which modifies the palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs $framework$. $But$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $after$ $applying$ $these$ $patches$, $even$ $though$ $it$ $installs$ $cleanly$, $so$ $I$ $was$ $wondering$ $if$ $you$ $changed$ $the$ $phone$ $so$ $that$ $it$ $uses$ $another$ $file$ $instead$ $of$ $that$ $one$? $That$ $way$ $I$ $can$ $try$ $to$ $write$ $a$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $patch$ $that$ $works$ $with$ $the$ $Advanced$ $System$ $Menus$.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    ... I've deleted all of Friday's and Saturday's events...
    CDBILLUPS, since your Saturday is all freed up, could you help me with my bathroom retiling project? Thanks!

    Sconix, I've been having some strange issues with trying to enter Google calendar events...I enter this repeating event for Thursday, when I'm done configuring the appt., it is on Wednesday. I've tried entering the event on my Palm Profile calendar also. No change. I was about to start searching the forums for help, and came across this thread. I am using ACAL and ACSP. I plan to install your update when it becomes available. Will it be in beta or in standard Preware? I just updated Save/Restore, Govnah, and Luna Manager this morning.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    CDBILLUPS, since your Saturday is all freed up, could you help me with my bathroom retiling project? Thanks!

    Sconix, I've been having some strange issues with trying to enter Google calendar events...I enter this repeating event for Thursday, when I'm done configuring the appt., it is on Wednesday. I've tried entering the event on my Palm Profile calendar also. No change. I was about to start searching the forums for help, and came across this thread. I am using ACAL and ACSP. I plan to install your update when it becomes available. Will it be in beta or in standard Preware? I just updated Save/Restore, Govnah, and Luna Manager this morning.
    Are you talking about the calendar app itself if yes then those patches does not effect that. If you are talking about today menu then the 1.4.5 version has problems with some repeating events. Unfortunately I am currently only working with 2.1 versions of my patches so no updates for the old ones at this moment.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions