Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/363/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/363/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/93/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/93/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    1 out of 28 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint
    You are trying to install the patch into wrong version of WebOS. The patches in Preware are currently for the Pre2 2.0.1 WR version and they wont install in any other version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Ah. I am on another version of 2.01. Thanks sconix.
    Version 2.0.1-22 has a wrong description, it talks about adding a today menu in the center off top bar.

Love your patches sconic, thanks for all that you do.

Im running 2.01 on pre 2 and had changed my
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    file by hand to have the date & time in middle, but I had to remove to install your patches. Any chance of adding for options to the top bar.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    Version 2.0.1-22 has a wrong description, it talks about adding a today menu in the center off top bar.

Love your patches sconic, thanks for all that you do.

Im running 2.01 on pre 2 and had changed my
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    file by hand to have the date & time in middle, but I had to remove to install your patches. Any chance of adding for options to the top bar.
    Will fix the description for next release, thanks for reporting.

I have plans to add the showing of date into the patch, but so far I have not come up with a neat way to do it. I would not like to just add it since the top bar is already too crowded for some people and I would not like to make it worse. I have few ideas that I will try at some point, but more important stuff to work on currently.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I worked out why calendar entries are not showing in the Today Menu.

Some calendar entries are missing the subject and note fields, so the regexp matches against those need to be protected with a check for defined.

Now my today menu is finally working

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I worked out why calendar entries are not showing in the Today Menu.

Some calendar entries are missing the subject and note fields, so the regexp matches against those need to be protected with a check for defined.

Now my today menu is finally working

-- Rod
    Will fix for next release which I will release during this week, hopefully I get my computer back in working shape as well during this week so I could get the system prefs patches out as well.
  7.    #87  
    Ok so the new parts for my computer did not fix it, it still wont start so I think I will now go for buying completely new one which will take couple weeks since have to wait for the new intel stuff to hit the stores, no point in buying old stuff when I am forced to by a new computer for years to come.

So I am forced to set up my old laptop for coding which I do today and release the fixed today menu patch later tonight. If someone still has problems with events not showing then please let me know.

EDIT: found new problem in the today menu so release goes for Sunday, see the post below for helping me out to resolve it
    Last edited by sconix; 01/08/2011 at 03:22 PM.
  8.    #88  
    I realized another "bug" besides the repeat events not showing (which is fixed in next release). The events that are longer than one day are only shown on that day when the event starts. Should these events be shown on all days that the events is set out for and if yes then how. Anybody have good ideas about this?

To clarify the case, for example, if there is an event that last two days from Monday 10:00 until Tuesday 12:00 for example. Should this event only be shown on Monday events in the today menu on both Monday and Tuesday. My current thinking is that either keep today menu as to show only events that are starting in the current day or then add the support for those longer events as well. And if I were to add displaying of them then my current idea is that for those events the start time would be start day in form of DD.MM (format would depend on the time locale settings of course) besides the starting time and then the meta tap would show either the ending time if it ends in the current day or the ending date if it ends on some other day. Then I don't know should these events also be hidden after showing them once like the already gone events or not. I think that I would prefer to hide them as well since the most important info is the events that haven't started yet and would like to keep the list of those events short.

So if somebody have good ideas / suggestion please share them
    I concur with your thinking. If you're in the middle of a multi-day event, you're unlikely to need reminding of it.

-- Rod
    This is the error i get when trying to install Advanced System Menus - Framework. I would love to be able to use your patch! It looks amazing!

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 21264 100 21264 0 0 26790 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 31409
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/363/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/363/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/93/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/93/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    1 out of 28 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetUni View Post
    This is the error i get when trying to install Advanced System Menus - Framework. I would love to be able to use your patch! It looks amazing!

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    What version of webOS 2.0 are you running (e.g. 2.0.1, 2.0.0, etc...)?
    The error looks similar to that in post #81.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Any chance of porting these great patches to 2.1? They are what I miss the most after upgrading my pre plus.
    Thanks in ADVANCE
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamazepine View Post
    Any chance of porting these great patches to 2.1? They are what I miss the most after upgrading my pre plus.
    Thanks in ADVANCE
    As it happens I am updating them right now. So they should be available in couple days depending how I have time to work on these.
  14.    #94  
    Just heads up about 2.1 version of mode menu patch, it will not be compatible with MS 1.x any more. Instead it will work with MS 2.0 (currently in alpha state and hopefully in public beta in week or two).
    Last edited by sconix; 02/28/2011 at 06:14 AM.
  15.    #95  
    I will release the 2.1 versions of system menu patches tomorrow. They are now ready and under testing. I also fixed couple problems in the today menu. Hopefully it now works for everyone, if not please let me know. I will also release an updated 2.0.1 version of today menu most likely tomorrow as well.
    probably wrong thread but here goes -- advanced system menues - power menu (vzw) running on a pre 2 - verizon -- how do i configure this to show what i want?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    .Whoops wrong patch
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    probably wrong thread but here goes -- advanced system menues - power menu (vzw) running on a pre 2 - verizon -- how do i configure this to show what i want?
    See the wiki, link is in the first post of correct thread (advanced system menus 2.x). Just hold the power button again when you are in the power menu....
    What's the latest on ASCP for 2.1? I really miss some of those options now that I've upgraded my Pre Plus. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    What's the latest on ASCP for 2.1? I really miss some of those options now that I've upgraded my Pre Plus. Thanks. {Jonathan}
    Looks like Sconix will be releasing updates soon.

I will release the 2.1 versions of system menu patches tomorrow. They are now ready and under testing. I also fixed couple problems in the today menu. Hopefully it now works for everyone, if not please let me know. I will also release an updated 2.0.1 version of today menu most likely tomorrow as well.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast