webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Advanced System Menus 2.x
[Patch] Advanced System Menus 2.x
Like Tree3Likes

Old 01/28/2012, 02:53 PM   #861 (permalink)

I went ahead and uninstalled everything (including theme), restarted, and tried again. Worked this time. Thanks for the help, sconix!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2012, 02:07 AM   #862 (permalink)

Feature request - add "Accelerometer" switch to Advanced System Menus

Accelerometer app / API can be found here:

xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

I managed to update the patch so it works with ASM but it doesn't use the ASM framework - which I'm sure will lead to much fun if I ever want to uninstall or upgrade.

It would be nice to have this included as an official ASM patch, I'm sure many people would like the ability to easily switch auto-rotate on and off.
Old 02/19/2012, 03:24 AM   #863 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinbaIttai View Post
Feature request - add "Accelerometer" switch to Advanced System Menus

Accelerometer app / API can be found here:

xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

I managed to update the patch so it works with ASM but it doesn't use the ASM framework - which I'm sure will lead to much fun if I ever want to uninstall or upgrade.

It would be nice to have this included as an official ASM patch, I'm sure many people would like the ability to easily switch auto-rotate on and off.
This is on the todo list, just have no time at the moment to work on webOS stuff. Next month I should have.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 10:40 AM   #864 (permalink)

I ran EPR and I still have the Mode Menu and the Today menu patches showing up for ATT/VZW. Please help.
Sanglant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2012, 07:52 PM   #865 (permalink)

Any help on this?
Sanglant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2012, 06:25 PM   #866 (permalink)

The "Advanced System Menus - App Menu" patch does not work. It installs alright on my Pre3 and on my Pre2, but the patch functionality is not present. I have been going crazy trying to find the patch that added the 'Full width across the top bar' functionality, because I remembered having this functionality earlier. Finally figured out that it was "Advanced System Menus - App Menu" patch that adds the functionality. But even though I already have the patch installed, the functionality is missing.

I have tried uninstalling the patch and re-installing it. Still no go.

PS: For an AT&T Pre3, metadoctored to remove AT&T stuff, which version of the patch should be installed? I currently have the AT&T versions installed and the only problem I have is with the 'Advanced System Menus - App Menu' patch. In any case I don't think this can be the issue because for the Pre2, there is only one version.

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

Last edited by Sanjay; 04/18/2012 at 07:33 PM.
Sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2012, 12:43 AM   #867 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
The "Advanced System Menus - App Menu" patch does not work. It installs alright on my Pre3 and on my Pre2, but the patch functionality is not present. I have been going crazy trying to find the patch that added the 'Full width across the top bar' functionality, because I remembered having this functionality earlier. Finally figured out that it was "Advanced System Menus - App Menu" patch that adds the functionality. But even though I already have the patch installed, the functionality is missing.

I have tried uninstalling the patch and re-installing it. Still no go.

PS: For an AT&T Pre3, metadoctored to remove AT&T stuff, which version of the patch should be installed? I currently have the AT&T versions installed and the only problem I have is with the 'Advanced System Menus - App Menu' patch. In any case I don't think this can be the issue because for the Pre2, there is only one version.
Have you tried to tap and hold the app menu? It toggles the menu state from full width to normal and the other way around.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Old 04/24/2012, 03:39 PM   #868 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Have you tried to tap and hold the app menu? It toggles the menu state from full width to normal and the other way around.
Thanks, that was the problem. Which brings me to a request I have been thinking of for a long time now, i.e. changing the way the toggle for this patch and also the 'Advanced Device Menu' patch works. Invariably somehow different items in the Device Menu get shown/Hidden and the 'App Menu' also keeps getting toggled to the normal state on it's own(or should I say by mistake). Could you please consider changing the toggle switch to be a combination of holding the app menu/device menu and some button on the keyboard? It really would be much more convenient and would solve the problem of accidentally changing one's preferences. I am actually surprised that no one else has brought this up sooner.

Old 04/24/2012, 03:54 PM   #869 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, that was the problem. Which brings me to a request I have been thinking of for a long time now, i.e. changing the way the toggle for this patch and also the 'Advanced Device Menu' patch works. Invariably somehow different items in the Device Menu get shown/Hidden and the 'App Menu' also keeps getting toggled to the normal state on it's own(or should I say by mistake). Could you please consider changing the toggle switch to be a combination of holding the app menu/device menu and some button on the keyboard? It really would be much more convenient and would solve the problem of accidentally changing one's preferences. I am actually surprised that no one else has brought this up sooner.
The problem is not the toggle mechanism. Its the cookies. For some reason they seem to get messed up sometimes. And I suspect its the webos since the same happens with alarm clock, the alarms get lost once in a while and by looking at the code I haven't found anything that could cause it and since alarm clock uses cookies as well for the alarms I suspect its a cookie problem. So it would get fixed by changing to using database instead of cookies, but something like that requires much more work when made in form of a patch so I haven't done that. And most likely the reason why nobody else have brought it up is that it actually seems to vary a bit that how often the cookies get broken so you might have the problem happen much often than others. For example after doctoring everything works really nice for me for some time, but lets say after half-n-year the latest the problems start. But still its rather rare for me. The system menus hardly ever loose their configuration for me, actually I think never happened to me, but for my friends it has. The app menu state happens once in a month maybe if that, but the alarms will get lost all the time. Anyway the problem lies somewhere deeper than just in the toggle method I am using.
Old 04/25/2012, 02:25 AM   #870 (permalink)

Quote:
The app menu state happens once in a month maybe if that, but the alarms will get lost all the time. Anyway the problem lies somewhere deeper than just in the toggle method I am using.
I sincerely appreciate your explanation for the issue. But I still think that the issue is definitely also at least partly related to the toggle method. My reason for saying so, is simply the fact that many a times when I swipe down to open the 'Device Menu', the Device Menu 'settings' opens up, instead of the menu. I personally attribute this problem to the sluggish and laggy nature of webOS 2.x.x. Therefore I presume that this also causes the settings to accidentally be changed. I hope you will consider changing the toggle method, but even if not, please acept my thanks for all your homebrew work.

Old 04/25/2012, 02:49 AM   #871 (permalink)

Quote:
I sincerely appreciate your explanation for the issue. But I still think that the issue is definitely also at least partly related to the toggle method. My reason for saying so, is simply the fact that many a times when I swipe down to open the 'Device Menu', the Device Menu 'settings' opens up, instead of the menu. I personally attribute this problem to the sluggish and laggy nature of webOS 2.x.x. Therefore I presume that this also causes the settings to accidentally be changed. I hope you will consider changing the toggle method, but even if not, please acept my thanks for all your homebrew work.
Ah yes I can see the method being the fault if you device is running sluggish. I can't say that my Veer is sluggish so maybe thats why I don't see this happening so often. Or maybe it is because I don't use swipe to open the menus or that I don't install that much apps etc. so my webOS devices have been rather snappy, at least in general, sure there is occasional sluggishness when heave apps are launche, but for me phones are mainly phones, so I am not a heavy user. Well anyway at least at the moment I have no time to work on webOS stuff so wont change this in near future, but maybe some day.
Old 08/24/2012, 02:26 AM   #872 (permalink)

Does anyone have a problem with the Mode Menu? I just installed the patch on my Pre3 with Preware and it installed without error but when I tap or slide in the left top button nothing happens...
DupsyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2012, 05:40 AM   #873 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DupsyMay View Post
Does anyone have a problem with the Mode Menu? I just installed the patch on my Pre3 with Preware and it installed without error but when I tap or slide in the left top button nothing happens...
You have mode switcher installed?
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2012, 05:44 AM   #874 (permalink)

if he does have mode switcher on and the patch, then he can try tapping and holding the top left, the dropdown will change to show modes that you can show/hide, maybe he has hidden ones so they dont show atm.
Old 08/25/2012, 05:01 AM   #875 (permalink)

Yes I have installed Mode switcher (that's why I need the Mode Menu patch) and I already tried tapping and holding the top left. Also tried holding down the grey rectangle... nothing happens
I already used this with my veer and no problems but now with the Pre...
Old 08/25/2012, 06:03 AM   #876 (permalink)

try removing everything adv menu related adn ms, do a reboot of the device then reinstall them all, perhaps starting with mode switcher then the adv stuff?
Old 08/27/2012, 07:22 AM   #877 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
try removing everything adv menu related adn ms, do a reboot of the device then reinstall them all, perhaps starting with mode switcher then the adv stuff?
ah! Thanx geekpeter! It works now!
Old 11/14/2012, 11:38 AM   #878 (permalink)

Quote:
When you are in the power menu just hold the power button again for couple seconds and release and you will get the edit view. Tapping the line will toggle the show/hide state and then just backswipe when done.
Thanks, had the same question. maybe put that in the patch description?
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2013, 10:11 AM   #879 (permalink)

Hi guys,

I have the mode menu patch and it works great, just one quick question. I have installed a theme (using theme manager) on my Veer 2.1.2 but the background in the mode menu list (top left corner) remains gray, not transparent as all the other app and system menus on my phone. Any ideas where I can change the files the patch uses?

Thanks
Old 09/27/2013, 06:03 PM   #880 (permalink)

Hi everybody!

I hope someone still reads this and can answer my question - or solve my problem.

I have the "Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu" patch installed together with the framework, and it works almost perfectly. Except it simply can't remember the setting of the last entry. I can set it to be a quick toggle for my first mode, but it only remembers this until the first reboot (or more exactly until Luna restart).
The other settings - like which mode should be shown in the menu - are saved like they should, and they survive the reboot, only the last item gets reset.

Am I doing something wrong? Did this happen to someone else too? Or is this the normal behavior?

Thanks.
Ps: I still love this patch.
tylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0