Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdesai View Post
    Web Os 2.1.0

Adv system menus framework 2.1.0-220, system prefs-framework 2.1.0-198,
    Seems to be that those versions have something wrong with the packaging, it happened when we repackaged all adv patches. I will look into this and push out updates, so the next release should work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I'm using most of the Advanced Sys Prefs but would love a way to control the TouchStone behavior for my Pre 3.

Specifically, when I take it off the TouchStone, I would like it NOT to turn on.

I've already set the TouchStone behavior for NOT answering a call when I take it off the TouchStone.

Any thoughts?
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    I'm using most of the Advanced Sys Prefs but would love a way to control the TouchStone behavior for my Pre 3.

Specifically, when I take it off the TouchStone, I would like it NOT to turn on.

I've already set the TouchStone behavior for NOT answering a call when I take it off the TouchStone.

Any thoughts?
    The behavior of the display can not be controlled with webOS 2.x at least. So at the moment its a no go.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The behavior of the display can not be controlled with webOS 2.x at least. So at the moment its a no go.
    How strange - it worked in the older Advanced Config - on my Pre - older os I guess.

Thanks for getting back to me!
  5.    #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    How strange - it worked in the older Advanced Config - on my Pre - older os I guess.

Thanks for getting back to me!
    Yes webOS 1.4.5 allowed turning display off through code, the 2.x does not. At least I am not aware of such methods.
  6.    #846  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdesai View Post
    Web Os 2.1.0

Adv system menus framework 2.1.0-220, system prefs-framework 2.1.0-198,
    I'll take back the last post, I double checked and the package is ok. So it should be fine, can you try to re-install the framework patch and if still no mode/today menus then can you send me the /media/internal/webos-patches.log file to my email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com), you can attach it into email normally (i.e. the file is available in the attachements).
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    After the doctoring of ATT Pre Plus 2.1, the device menu editing does not seem to work. On tap and hold, the menu consists only 'Menu Content Settings' and 'Toggle flash light'. Before the doctoring, it used to work perfectly on 2.1. Please Help.

just realised that mode menu does not work.
    Last edited by cvendra; 12/30/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'll take back the last post, I double checked and the package is ok. So it should be fine, can you try to re-install the framework patch and if still no mode/today menus then can you send me the /media/internal/webos-patches.log file to my email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com), you can attach it into email normally (i.e. the file is available in the attachements).
    Will do. Thanks!
  9.    #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    After the doctoring of ATT Pre Plus 2.1, the device menu editing does not seem to work. On tap and hold, the menu consists only 'Menu Content Settings' and 'Toggle flash light'. Before the doctoring, it used to work perfectly on 2.1. Please Help.

just realised that mode menu does not work.
    That sound bit odd, like the patch has not applied cleanly or that you have some conflicting patch installed. Did you try re-install?
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    That sound bit odd, like the patch has not applied cleanly or that you have some conflicting patch installed. Did you try re-install?
    yes. I did try both ATT version as well as the regular one. Legacy failed to install. I tried to install the menu patches and removed everything else - same effect. I even re-doctored. Only thing different on my phone is that I have EU radio on ATT phone. Would that conflict? But it was fine before doctoring.

the reason for my initial doctoring was that the database locked out on all application every morning. It used to be ok after restart. That problem is gone now.

Tweaks is also behaving a bit odd. It comments it failed to save the changes but seems to save it fine. Could be associated?
  11.    #851  
    yes. I did try both ATT version as well as the regular one. Legacy failed to install. I tried to install the menu patches and removed everything else - same effect. I even re-doctored. Only thing different on my phone is that I have EU radio on ATT phone. Would that conflict? But it was fine before doctoring.

the reason for my initial doctoring was that the database locked out on all application every morning. It used to be ok after restart. That problem is gone now.

Tweaks is also behaving a bit odd. It comments it failed to save the changes but seems to save it fine. Could be associated?
    Its the device menu patch that is causing the problem not framework. Tell me again the exact patch version and I will test it tomorrow to make sure that the patch is not broken.

About the database stuff, usually doctoring does not help to that if you still restore your stuff from a palm profile. With database problems you should opt out of backup so you will get clean set of databases / configs after doctoring. Otherwise the help of the doctor is usually next to none. But at least that is not the cause for the menu problem.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Its the device menu patch that is causing the problem not framework. Tell me again the exact patch version and I will test it tomorrow to make sure that the patch is not broken.

About the database stuff, usually doctoring does not help to that if you still restore your stuff from a palm profile. With database problems you should opt out of backup so you will get clean set of databases / configs after doctoring. Otherwise the help of the doctor is usually next to none. But at least that is not the cause for the menu problem.
    version is 2.1.0-165. What abt the mode menu. It does not work at all. Power menu is fine. Mode menu is 2.1.0-155.

as for backup, it hasn't been working for me since a long time. I did turn it off when I doctored to 1.4.5. But now it not working again and does not turn off.
  13.    #853  
    version is 2.1.0-165. What abt the mode menu. It does not work at all. Power menu is fine. Mode menu is 2.1.0-155.

as for backup, it hasn't been working for me since a long time. I did turn it off when I doctored to 1.4.5. But now it not working again and does not turn off.
    So it seems that there is definitely something going on with the patch packages for 2.1.0. I am going through them now and most likely new releases will follow and hopefully they fix the problems.

EDIT: I have no idea why the patch packages lost some files, so I am now rebuilding them and checking that they are fully ok... will post here when done.

EDIT2: 2.1.0 VZW packages should now work, let me know if you still have problems, will now check the normal packages...

EDIT3: ok soon the updated normal versions should also show up, not sure what but has happened but packages in 2.1.0 feed were not properly packaged, other versions seem still be ok, anyway now everything should be back in order.
    Last edited by sconix; 12/31/2011 at 07:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    So it seems that there is definitely something going on with the patch packages for 2.1.0. I am going through them now and most likely new releases will follow and hopefully they fix the problems.

EDIT: I have no idea why the patch packages lost some files, so I am now rebuilding them and checking that they are fully ok... will post here when done.

EDIT2: 2.1.0 VZW packages should now work, let me know if you still have problems, will now check the normal packages...

EDIT3: ok soon the updated normal versions should also show up, not sure what but has happened but packages in 2.1.0 feed were not properly packaged, other versions seem still be ok, anyway now everything should be back in order.
    Working well now. Thx. Happy New Year.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm still getting an error when I try to update my VZW patches. I can email the error to you if you'd like. It says unreversed patch detected.
    Last edited by Sanglant; 01/27/2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Hi Sconix,

Is there an issue with the "Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs" patch? I've tried it several times and still get the following error:

IPKG Log
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 23164 100 23164 0 0 87537 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 163k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Thanks!
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    I'm still getting an error when I try to update my VZW patches. I can email the error to you if you'd like. It says unreversed patch detected.
    You have the patch partially installed so you most liekly need to run EPR to recover from your situation.
  18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Is there an issue with the Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs patch? I've tried it several times and still get the following error:

IPKG Log
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 23164 100 23164 0 0 87537 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 163k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Thanks!
    Looks like normal conflict error, i.e. you have some other patch installed that conflicts. At least nobody has reported the same error.
    Thanks for the fast reply! I uninstalled everything except a couple basic items last time around. I'll completely uninstall everything this time and try again.

Thanks!
  20.    #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply! I uninstalled everything except a couple basic items last time around. I'll completely uninstall everything this time and try again.

Thanks!
    If that does not help try running EPR, if no help then might need to manually restore that file since then something odd has happened to it.