Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    thanks Rod. i guess the best folks to ask would be the ones who have installed 2.2.3 on the veer as well, and see if they've encountered something similar. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mltan View Post
    thanks Rod. i guess the best folks to ask would be the ones who have installed 2.2.3 on the veer as well, and see if they've encountered something similar. thanks
    Note that the patch you just tried to install is for the verizon Pre 3 (note the -vzw on the end). I expect it also said this in the patch description. I would recommend not blindly installing patches without regard to these things ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Could it be that the Version 2.2.4-10 of advanced patches (2011-12-18) is not for Pre3 right now?
    Updated 2.2.4 3175 OTA and after that they are presented as update but i can't get them updated nor removed. Other patches Ubercalendar, Google sync, unthrottle, location sharing... went through without prob:

Code:
    begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $14$ $out$ $of$ $14$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$controllers$/$securityconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $37$ $out$ $of$ $37$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$bar$/$bar$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $6$ $out$ $of$ $6$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$de$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$es$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$fr$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$it$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    Just wanted to know, if it's a prob at my device only.

No bugging before xmas
  4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Could it be that the Version 2.2.4-10 of advanced patches (2011-12-18) is not for Pre3 right now?
    Updated 2.2.4 3175 OTA and after that they are presented as update but i can't get them updated nor removed. Other patches Ubercalendar, Google sync, unthrottle, location sharing... went through without prob:

Code:
    begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $14$ $out$ $of$ $14$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$controllers$/$securityconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $37$ $out$ $of$ $37$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$bar$/$bar$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $6$ $out$ $of$ $6$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$de$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$es$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$fr$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$resources$/$it$/$strings$.$json$.$rej$
    Just wanted to know, if it's a prob at my device only.

No bugging before xmas
    Hmm what version of the patch you are trying to install? It looks like its already installed or then you are trying to install completely wrong version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Have the 2.2.4 ATT/VZW versions of this patch been released?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I read through the last few pages of this thread and couldn't confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21
    :
    Updated OTA and after that they are presented as update but i can't get them updated nor removed. Other patches Ubercalendar, Google sync, unthrottle, location sharing... went through without prob:
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Hmm what version of the patch you are trying to install? It looks like its already installed or then you are trying to install completely wrong version.
    well so installed are right now after the OTA as stated in Preware e.g. Ad. Sys Men - Framework 2.2.0-81 / App Men. 2.2.0-2 / Device Menu 2.2.0-25
    and it wants them to update to 2.2.4-10 for nearly all Advanced XXXX patches.

Had similar acting on other patches, shouldn't there be a 2.2.4-0 patch installed first for not updated 2.2.0 patches (right now others not updated are also still 2.2.0 as the advanced)

Can I read out of your statement, that 2.2.4-10 should work for Pre3 EU-GSM 2.2.4 3175 OTA ? Then i will have to go to the "Emergency Room"
    what i find strange is that some of the to be installed 2.2.4-10 patches show descriptions for 2.1

8.    #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well so installed are right now after the OTA as stated in Preware e.g. Ad. Sys Men - Framework 2.2.0-81 / App Men. 2.2.0-2 / Device Menu 2.2.0-25
    and it wants them to update to 2.2.4-10 for nearly all Advanced XXXX patches.

Had similar acting on other patches, shouldn't there be a 2.2.4-0 patch installed first for not updated 2.2.0 patches (right now others not updated are also still 2.2.0 as the advanced)

Can I read out of your statement, that 2.2.4-10 should work for Pre3 EU-GSM 2.2.4 3175 OTA ? Then i will have to go to the "Emergency Room"
    So you did not remove them before OTA, advanced patcheas are not OTA safe (at least with AUPT-4 which is currently in use, the AUPT-5 will change this). So yes you need to run EPR now and it should fix the situation.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Have the 2.2.4 ATT/VZW versions of this patch been released?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I read through the last few pages of this thread and couldn't confirm.
    I will push the ATT/VZW versions out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So you did not remove them before OTA, advanced patcheas are not OTA safe (at least with AUPT-4 which is currently in use, the AUPT-5 will change this). So yes you need to run EPR now and it should fix the situation.
    So now i know it was my fault, didn't know this (RTFM). And am glad i did hold back the 2.2.4 update of my primary device (Pre2) so far.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have been able to install all the VZW/ATT advanced patches w/o difficulty, but there is no functionality. I had removed all other patches prior to install. Any insight into why. (I also tried the world and legacy versions but they failed to install)

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Regarding the prior post, My device is a VZW Pre 2.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdesai View Post
    Regarding the prior post, My device is a VZW Pre 2.

Thanks!
    did you install the 2 framework patches? nothing will work without them
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Have:

Advanced System Menus -Framework (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs -Framework (ATT/VZW)

Advanced System Menus -App Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Device Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Mode Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Power Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Email Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Messaging Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -System Prefs (ATT/VZW)

SysToolMgr Service 1.0.5

Thanks
  15.    #835  
    Have:

Advanced System Menus -Framework (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs -Framework (ATT/VZW)

Advanced System Menus -App Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Device Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Mode Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Power Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Email Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Messaging Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus -System Prefs (ATT/VZW)

SysToolMgr Service 1.0.5

Thanks
    What is your language set to? The ATT/VZW only supports English. If you have language set to English then you should see the extra menus.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    English it is.
  17.    #837  
    English it is.
    And you are saying that you don't see the mode/today menu or anything new in the device menu?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yes. I am totally mystified.

The only apps I have left are Tweaks, Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $Lsdiff$, $GNU$ $patch$, $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$.
  19.    #839  
    Yes. I am totally mystified.

The only apps I have left are Tweaks, Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $Lsdiff$, $GNU$ $patch$, $SysToolsMgr$ $Service$.
    What version you are on? And you are sure that the patches are not -0 versions that you have installed?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Web Os 2.1.0

Adv system menus framework 2.1.0-220, system prefs-framework 2.1.0-198,