Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. veerar's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #801  
    Hi, I entered a feature request some time ago Advanced System Behavior - Feature #557: Tweak support for power swipe up/down left/right - WebOS Internals Redmine

    Basically to have a tweak to decide what each gesture does. Just want to know if you are considering any upgrades for this patch .

    Thanks for the awesome work !
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hi, I entered a feature request some time ago Advanced System Behavior - Feature #557: Tweak support for power swipe up/down left/right - WebOS Internals Redmine

    Basically to have a tweak to decide what each gesture does. Just want to know if you are considering any upgrades for this patch .

    Thanks for the awesome work !
    I am not adding any new features before I get time to get the 3.x versions of these patches ready.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #803  
    Any ETA for 3.x versions?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Any ETA for 3.x versions?
    If there would be I would have let you guys know. Lets hope that I have quiet Christmas holiday so that I would have time to work on the patches.

    My priority at the moment is with getting Home Control released since its something that can go into App Catalog. So MS and patches are on upkeeping status until that. I definitely would like to work on them, but being short on money has forced me to prioritize. The bad thing with donations is that you only get them when you get something released, but in other hand that goes for sold apps as well but at least with the apps you keep getting them still after release, and with donations its pretty much only one or two per month. So hence the priority number one is with HC, but the others are coming right being second on the list.

    What goes into the patches for 3.x the system menus patches are not coming only prefs and behavior. The reason being obvious that 3.x the top bar is not patcheable, but I have plans to make integrate some of the features into the other patches. For example the today menu will come as a patch for calendar so that it shows your events for the day in the top bar (at least I think the idea I have is doable).

    EDIT: and forgot to say that I do have started the prefs patches for 3.x, actually have 2/5 done but since the framework is not yet finished I can not even release those that are ready.
    Last edited by sconix; 12/09/2011 at 06:37 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #805  
    This goes for all your work sconix:

    Will things work with the latest Pre2 webOS 2.2.4 update?
    Will they create problems with the update or just not work?
    Sorry to ask these dumb questions, but as I use many of your patches and MS I wouldn't like either to miss.
  6.    #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    This goes for all your work sconix:

    Will things work with the latest Pre2 webOS 2.2.4 update?
    Will they create problems with the update or just not work?
    Sorry to ask these dumb questions, but as I use many of your patches and MS I wouldn't like either to miss.
    Well patches need always be ported, but that can not happen before doctor is ot. MS should work but no quarantees. So best is wait few days.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #807  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If there would be I would have let you guys know. Lets hope that I have quiet Christmas holiday so that I would have time to work on the patches.

    My priority at the moment is with getting Home Control released since its something that can go into App Catalog. So MS and patches are on upkeeping status until that. I definitely would like to work on them, but being short on money has forced me to prioritize. The bad thing with donations is that you only get them when you get something released, but in other hand that goes for sold apps as well but at least with the apps you keep getting them still after release, and with donations its pretty much only one or two per month. So hence the priority number one is with HC, but the others are coming right being second on the list.

    What goes into the patches for 3.x the system menus patches are not coming only prefs and behavior. The reason being obvious that 3.x the top bar is not patcheable, but I have plans to make integrate some of the features into the other patches. For example the today menu will come as a patch for calendar so that it shows your events for the day in the top bar (at least I think the idea I have is doable).

    EDIT: and forgot to say that I do have started the prefs patches for 3.x, actually have 2/5 done but since the framework is not yet finished I can not even release those that are ready.
    Thanks for your answer and for all your work for the community.
    I was just asking, because I am a big MS fan and it would be very usefull to have it on my TouchPad.
    Take your time...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  8. #808  
    Hi guys, i've been on a crash course in webos this week (coming from the green droid side), Got my self a tiny (german) veer, OC'd (conservative) and patched. Only thing not working is the A.S. Menus--> Accessing The Menu. I just can't get in. It shows provider, time , cell status and batt.
    Already docter'd my veer to original state (2.1.1) only got the A4 kernel (+gov) and 4 patches: A.S. framework + Menus and dailyClock + Advanced newcardperconvo.
    Without the last patch it doesn't either work so its not to blame .
    And yes i've read (and understood) the wiki on the subject/restarted my phone/phone is in english
    Some help would be appreciated.

    Never mind, found the problem with the patch all working now, thx anyway.
    Last edited by d0gtag; 12/15/2011 at 02:29 PM.
  9. btbkilla's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #809  
    I'm seeing an update in preware for advanced system menus framework (ATT/VZW) but I receive an error when trying to install. Any ideas or anyone else having trouble?
  10.    #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by btbkilla View Post
    I'm seeing an update in preware for advanced system menus framework (ATT/VZW) but I receive an error when trying to install. Any ideas or anyone else having trouble?
    Depends on the error, but my guess is that you have just installed a conflicting patch after installing this patch so that the patch wont uninstall anymore. Anyway the update you are seeing is not important, it was just released to fix a problem with the packages builder. So at least you don't need to resolve your problem right now if you don't want to.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #811  
    Sconix - ever since the update I have an issue. I have some contacts that are set to straight to voicemail or hang up. These are now ringing through. Any ideas as to why? I am on a VZW pre2 on 2.1 os - thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12.    #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Sconix - ever since the update I have an issue. I have some contacts that are set to straight to voicemail or hang up. These are now ringing through. Any ideas as to why? I am on a VZW pre2 on 2.1 os - thanks in advance
    First try to re-install the prefs framework and phone prefs, if it still does not work let me know and I will test myself, at least there should not be any code changes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #813  
    Just installed 2.2.4 (had to) and I'm already missing these patches.
    I added the 2.2.3 feeds and I get the ATT/VZW patches available. I suppose they are not compatible with my EU Pre2 2.2.4, right?
  14.    #814  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Just installed 2.2.4 (had to) and I'm already missing these patches.
    I added the 2.2.3 feeds and I get the ATT/VZW patches available. I suppose they are not compatible with my EU Pre2 2.2.4, right?
    Don't worry I will publish the 2.2.4 version early next week.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. #815  
    hi sconix,
    is it possible at some point to incorporate the >Disable "Type to Add Search Engine" Browser Notification< function to your patch?
  16.    #816  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    hi sconix,
    is it possible at some point to incorporate the >Disable "Type to Add Search Engine" Browser Notification< function to your patch?
    Its on my todo list so yes
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #817  
    i tried to install all the advanced apps/patches, but had problems with the advanced system menus framework patch. i just did a secure erase and had to install all of it back, just having trouble with this patch, any ideas why?


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 23272 4 979 0 0 406 0 0:00:57 0:00:02 0:00:55 700
    100 23272 100 23272 0 0 8463 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 13405
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    5 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  18. #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by mltan View Post
    i tried to install all the advanced apps/patches, but had problems with the advanced system menus framework patch. i just did a secure erase and had to install all of it back, just having trouble with this patch, any ideas why?
    Probably not without knowing what device (pre, pre+, pixi, pixi+, pre2, pre3, veer, touchpad, touchpad go) and webOS version (2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2.0, 2.2.3, 2.2.4) you have ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Probably not without knowing what device (pre, pre+, pixi, pixi+, pre2, pre3, veer, touchpad, touchpad go) and webOS version (2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2.0, 2.2.3, 2.2.4) you have ...

    -- Rod
    apologies, its on a veer, 2.2.3 version
  20. #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by mltan View Post
    apologies, its on a veer, 2.2.3 version
    There is no published 2.2.3 webOS release for the Veer, so I would not expect patches published in our public feeds to work with what you have.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions