Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #781  
    A follow-up question on patches. What is the best way to restore the installed patches?

    I am having a problem with my Veer spontaneously rebooting. This weekend it became very bad and I am now considering the "nuclear" option of complete restore of the system. (In case you care, this is my thread describing the issue: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...rebooting.html)

    Is is effective and possible to somehow "backup" and then restore the Advanced patches, or is is simply better to download the patches again via Preware?

    And a related thought: is it possible to have a local archive of the patches in order to not rely on a remote server?

    Thanks, Robert.
    Last edited by rdwalker; 11/06/2011 at 08:15 AM.
  2.    #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    A follow-up question on patches. What is the best way to restore the installed patches?

    I am having a problem with my Veer spontaneously rebooting. This weekend it became very bad and I am now considering the "nuclear" option of complete restore of the system. (In case you care, this is my thread describing the issue: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...rebooting.html)

    Is is effective and possible to somehow "backup" and then restore the Advanced patches, or is is simply better to download the patches again via Preware?

    And a related thought: is it possible to have a local archive of the patches in order to not rely on a remote server?

    Thanks, Robert.
    Answer is pretty much no to all your questions. The easiest to do is to first make sure that the saved packages list in preware (see app menu) is up to date so update that. Then backup the configuration with backup & save/restore. Then doctor and then install preware and save/restore and then restore the configuration from safe/restore and then go to saved packages list in preware and click install all. That should do the trick regarding homebrew.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #783  
    i'm not sure what wrong i did. but after upgrading power menu(veer) to 2.1.0-204, then i hold power menu, the menu popup is complete black, no buttons there. i tried to remove/reinstall and restart luna, nothing help. when i remove "power menu(veer) to 2.1.0-204", the menu (button to be exact) display fine again
  4.    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by moo.tinys View Post
    i'm not sure what wrong i did. but after upgrading power menu(veer) to 2.1.0-204, then i hold power menu, the menu popup is complete black, no buttons there. i tried to remove/reinstall and restart luna, nothing help. when i remove "power menu(veer) to 2.1.0-204", the menu (button to be exact) display fine again
    Sorry there seems to be a typo left behind in the patch, will release an update right now, should show up soon.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #785  
    thanks, it works again, and but button is fixed with this release (i noticed it was buggy)

    btw, i have another issue. but i'm not sure how to reproduce it, not do i sure it's relative this this patch. i have all advanced-system-menu patches install except the application menu, and for a while, maybe after i use the device menu:
    1. the whole screen do not response to my touch (or haptic?) input except the today menu
    2. when i toggle mute/unmute button, the mute icon shows/hides in top bar (top right corner), which mean it's still functioning
    restarting luna recover from this state
    what should i be aware of when this happen next time
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by moo.tinys View Post
    thanks, it works again, and but button is fixed with this release (i noticed it was buggy)

    btw, i have another issue. but i'm not sure how to reproduce it, not do i sure it's relative this this patch. i have all advanced-system-menu patches install except the application menu, and for a while, maybe after i use the device menu:
    1. the whole screen do not response to my touch (or haptic?) input except the today menu
    2. when i toggle mute/unmute button, the mute icon shows/hides in top bar (top right corner), which mean it's still functioning
    restarting luna recover from this state
    what should i be aware of when this happen next time
    Have never experienced such thing. Have you tried that does backswipe help in that situation, if not then try. Since if the menu somehow stays "open" at least that would close it. But really don't know what could be using that since it has never happened to me.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...doctor and then install preware and save/restore and then restore the configuration from safe/restore and then go to saved packages list in preware and click install all. That should do the trick regarding homebrew.
    Thanks. This looks like a sizeable project, good for the upcoming long holiday weekend here in the US: Thanksgiving, two weeks from now.

    I am getting enough courage and ambition together to do the reinstall (and possibly add some patches suggested to me in the reboot thread.

    Thanks again for your comments.

    Robert.
  8. #788  
    I posted this on your feature request page, but when you start adding features again, could you add controls for the System and Media volume levels to the Device Menu?
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    I posted this on your feature request page, but when you start adding features again, could you add controls for the System and Media volume levels to the Device Menu?
    It already is possible and has been for very long time you really should see the wiki pages...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It already is possible and has been for very long time you really should see the wiki pages...
    Wow, now I feel dumb - sorry! <sheepish grin> I looked at the wiki and didn't see this or my other feature request before I posted, but apparently I missed BOTH of them when looking. My sincere apologies for having wasted your time!
    Thanks for all your hard work!!!
  11. #791  
    I've got a really odd one. I have ZERO patches installed, but I get an IPK error when I try to install the Advanced System Menus Framework. Here's the error log:

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 25032 100 25032 0 0 71800 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 98940
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en/gb/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en/gb/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

    Any ideas at all? I tried running the EPR ... no luck.
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I've got a really odd one. I have ZERO patches installed, but I get an IPK error when I try to install the Advanced System Menus Framework. Here's the error log:

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 25032 100 25032 0 0 71800 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 98940
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en/gb/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/en/gb/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/fr/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/it/strings.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

    Any ideas at all? I tried running the EPR ... no luck.
    You are installing wrong version of the patch, you need the ATT/VXW version which does not patch the language files.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    smmullen likes this.
  13. #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You are installing wrong version of the patch, you need the ATT/VXW version which does not patch the language files.
    AhHA! I thought I had tried that, but I think I got mixed up with all of the various versions of the different patches. Thanks for the incredibly fast response. This was driving me nuts.
    Last edited by smmullen; 11/16/2011 at 07:35 PM.
  14. #794  
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu:

    On the Veer there is an option for 'Icon & Percentage +'. Any particular reason why this option is not available on the Pre3?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  15.    #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu:

    On the Veer there is an option for 'Icon & Percentage +'. Any particular reason why this option is not available on the Pre3?
    Just an error in the tweaks file Will fix and release an update.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just an error in the tweaks file Will fix and release an update.
    Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  17. #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just an error in the tweaks file Will fix and release an update.
    Thanks for the update. The 'Icon & Percentage +' option is now available on the Pre3. But, unfortunately it does not seem make any difference. What exactly does the '+' option add or change? The wiki does have the info.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/23/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  18.    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks for the update. The 'Icon & Percentage +' option is now available on the Pre3. But, unfortunately it does not seem make any difference. What does the 'b]+[/b]' option add or change? The wiki does have the info.
    So it seems that I have ported the Pre3 theme from some older version accidentally so even the code part is missing, will do another update. The + option adds colors as well for the percentage.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So it seems that I have ported the Pre3 theme from some older version accidentally so even the code part is missing, will do another update.
    Thanks. Looking forward to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The + option adds colors as well for the percentage.
    Figured as much, from observing the behavior on the Veer.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20. #800  
    Installed the latest update to 'Advanced System Menus - Framework (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-75 and the 'Icon & Percentage +' option now works fine. Thanks. It really amazes me, how quickly you respond to people's posts and fix the issues reported here.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

Posting Permissions