Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi Sconix,

I have now the latest sysmgrtools and still the menu does not show LED options... No big deal since LED torch app is here, just to let you know.

Charly
    I have received mixed report about this, are you running 1.0.5 of systoolsmgr since thats the version that supports Pre3. It should work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have received mixed report about this, are you running 1.0.5 of systoolsmgr since thats the version that supports Pre3. It should work.
    Yes of course. I installed version 1.0.5 of systoolsmgr this morning via Preware, along with LED Torch. I restarted the Pre3 to be sure (M$ habits... ). LED torch is working fine, so the systoolsmgr service is here and functionnal.

I entered in the device menu configuration (tap-and-hold in upper-right corner of the screen), and there was no option about LED in the system device menu.

Should I reinstall your device menu ?

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The led switch is in sub menu of Device, with Brightness and volume settings.
    My bad.... I did not realize that it was here... Sorry.

And thanks again !
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
  5.    #745  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    My bad.... I did not realize that it was here... Sorry.

And thanks again !
    Yes I tested and its working, you can also configure the last "quick action" item to be led control if you want.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have never removed it. As soon as sysmgrtools from Jason is updated you get the LED control in the menu.
    OMG, sconix rocks.
    Sorry for disturbing here... I love sconix' work, and enjoyed Advanced System thingies in the past in my beefed up Pre-. Now, on my stock Pre 3, I decided to give a try at this Advanced System Menus but... The Framework doesn't appear in my Preware (with beta feeds added). I can see the other pieces, such as Device Menu.

Can it be that my Pre 3 isn't getting all those tasty prewares? The last count was 605 packages, or so: Repositories fail for me right now, so I can't check.

How many packages do you see on a Pre 3 with the latest webOS 2.2.0? Don't recall the exact build now, but got updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Sorry for disturbing here... I love sconix' work, and enjoyed Advanced System thingies in the past in my beefed up Pre-. Now, on my stock Pre 3, I decided to give a try at this Advanced System Menus but... The Framework doesn't appear in my Preware (with beta feeds added). I can see the other pieces, such as Device Menu.

Can it be that my Pre 3 isn't getting all those tasty prewares? The last count was 605 packages, or so: Repositories fail for me right now, so I can't check.

How many packages do you see on a Pre 3 with the latest webOS 2.2.0? Don't recall the exact build now, but got updated.

I've been able to install this patch using my euro Pre3 (2.2.0). I was able to install the framework and Device Menu. Haven't fully tested it, but it does seem to work ok right now (i've installed it just 10 minutes ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by jgvaldecasas View Post
    I was able to install the framework and Device Menu.
    Sure, me too. Finally, I decided yesterday to take the plunge, and start "prewaring" my Pre 3. No problems with the feeds now. As of now, I'm enjoying Advanced System Menus (framework, device, today, mode) with Mode Switcher. More to come, but I'll take it slow.
    apologies if this has already been covered in the forum (i couldnt spot it) but i can't install the advanced system menus framework patch. i mistakenly installed other system menu patches but they didn't run quite right.
    i've a Pre 2 running webos 2.1.0 and i've now run full apps and data erase reset plus emergency patch recovery. i'm not sure whether i need the framework for world release or not but neither framework patch installs. the log reads:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/367/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

can you help?

many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
    i can't install the advanced system menus framework. i've a Pre 2 running webos 2.1.0
    I had a metadoctored 2.1 Pre minus, for which I had to install the 2.x legacy version. There's a warning that the regular 2.x version is "for most 2.1, but certain older 2.1 need the legacy version". Well, those are not the exact words, but see if it helps you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I had a metadoctored 2.1 Pre minus, for which I had to install the 2.x legacy version. There's a warning that the regular 2.x version is "for most 2.1, but certain older 2.1 need the legacy version". Well, those are not the exact words, but see if it helps you.
    Thanks - my pre2 was bought direct from HP in about May this year so shouldn't be a legacy issue. i'll have a look anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
    Thanks - my pre2 was bought direct from HP in about May this year so shouldn't be a legacy issue. i'll have a look anyways.
    The standard menus framework patch is the one you need. Just make sure you are not trying to install the advanced prefs framework patch as that is for the other advanced patches.

If you did all those others steps and things are still amiss, you might just doctor the thing at this point.

Good luck.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Hello Sconix,

I just recently (last month) discovered your amazing work.
    I've donated, I've posted a bug report and now I'm submitting a feature request.

I humbly request that the "Screen Brightness" slider in the "Device" section of the Device Menu toggle between "Screen Brightness" and "Keyboard Brightness" much in the same way that the "Ringtone Volume", "System Volume" and "Media Volume" toggle.

That's it. Thanks!
  15.    #755  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Hello Sconix,

I just recently (last month) discovered your amazing work.
    I've donated, I've posted a bug report and now I'm submitting a feature request.

I humbly request that the "Screen Brightness" slider in the "Device" section of the Device Menu toggle between "Screen Brightness" and "Keyboard Brightness" much in the same way that the "Ringtone Volume", "System Volume" and "Media Volume" toggle.

That's it. Thanks!
    Personally I don't quite get why anybody wants to control keyboard light besides it being inverted or a fixed value so that having screen at low brightness you can still see the keyboard. Since battery vice I am sure it has 0.000001% effect, unless user keeps the keyboard open all the time. Well for those that for some odd reason wants to control the keyboard light I noted this into my TODO list
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @sconix,
    By the way, is it possible to disable this silly feature on the pre3 that changes the screen brightness all the time, based on (inaccurate) light sensor?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I believe he is referring to the power menu that is called up when you hold the physical power button/screen lock down for a few seconds. Normally it gives the "Shutdown/Swap Battery" and "Restart" options, sconix's patch adds more options than just those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @sconix,
    By the way, is it possible to disable this silly feature on the pre3 that changes the screen brightness all the time, based on (inaccurate) light sensor?
    I am with you Kratus, it is really annoying. What are you thinking? May be deactivate light sensor?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    I am with you Kratus, it is really annoying. What are you thinking? May be deactivate light sensor?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Exactly.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Thank you for developing these great patches. I have a request that I hope you'll consider (if it's possible) for the Today Menu (ATT/VZW) patch.

Instead of it only displaying one day at a time when you click it to drop down is there a way for it to have it display the next 3-5 events or perhaps the entire forthcoming week at once? (Something similar to the BlackBerry notification bar)

I like to be able to see everything that's going on in the near future as opposed to just today so that would be amazing. I'd gladly donate for this. )