Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hello there,

I am under the impression that the LED blinking is broken. Am I wrong? When I uninstall the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" then the blinking is back (but of course some features are then broken, since the framework is required); when I install it again then the blinking is gone...

Is the issue known?

In any case, I wish to thank heartfully the author of these wonderful patches!
  2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusCrawler View Post
    Hello there,

I am under the impression that the LED blinking is broken. Am I wrong? When I uninstall the "Advanced System Menus - Framework" then the blinking is back (but of course some features are then broken, since the framework is required); when I install it again then the blinking is gone...

Is the issue known?

In any case, I wish to thank heartfully the author of these wonderful patches!
    Advanced prefs patches adds the blink control per account for phone/messaging/email/calendar app in addition to the global configuration in screen and lock app. So you might want to check the notification settings for those apps to see if blink is enabled.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Advanced prefs patches adds the blink control per account for phone/messaging/email/calendar app in addition to the global configuration in screen and lock app. So you might want to check the notification settings for those apps to see if blink is enabled.
    Unfortunately, the blinking settings is activated in the settings, alas, still no blinking.

Any ideas?
  4.    #704  
    Unfortunately, the blinking settings is activated in the settings, alas, still no blinking.

Any ideas?
    I just realized that you were talking about adv sys menus framework. That patch has nothing to do with blink setting. Are you sure you are talking about right patch. There are 2 different advanced patch sets. Prefs and menus...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I just realized that you were talking about adv sys menus framework. That patch has nothing to do with blink setting. Are you sure you are talking about right patch. There are 2 different advanced patch sets. Prefs and menus...
    Well, you're rigt, I am talking about the Advanced System Prefs Framework.
  6.    #706  
    Well, you're rigt, I am talking about the Advanced System Prefs Framework.
    Ok, so you have installed all(?) prefs patches and have enable both the account specific and global blink setting and you are still not getting blink notification with what app? And what is the version you are on?
    Ok, so you have installed all(?) prefs patches and have enable both the account specific and global blink setting and you are still not getting blink notification with what app? And what is the version you are on?
    As of right now:
    - all but the phone prefs patches are installed
    - the blink setting is enable both in the e-mail accounts and in the global screen settings
    - I don't have blink notifications when receiving e-mails (and maybe other notifications but I am focusing on e-mails)
    - the device is a PrPrPr$3$ $running$ $2$.$2$.$0$

If you need any more information, feel free to ask.
  8.    #708  
    As of right now:
    - all but the phone prefs patches are installed
    - the blink setting is enable both in the e-mail accounts and in the global screen settings
    - I don't have blink notifications when receiving e-mails (and maybe other notifications but I am focusing on e-mails)
    - the device is a PrPrPr$3$ $running$ $2$.$2$.$0$

If you need any more information, feel free to ask.
    Ok, let me test this and I will get back to you in a bit.

EDIT: You are correct it is not working, I will fix and release an update. Will also test the other blink settings.

EDIT2: The bug was that if the smart inbox is in use then the blink setting was not used. Will release an update soon.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/20/2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Hi Sconix,

Thanks for your great apps ! I'm using it on my new Pre3 (still discovering).

In your screenshots for the "device menu", you show an option called "Turn on LED flashlight". On the Pre3 I cannot get this option : it is not proposed in the configuration of the menu and thus is never displayed.

Is this normal ? A Pre3 limitation ? (could be...)

Thanks again,

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Thanks for your great apps ! I'm using it on my new Pre3 (still discovering).

In your screenshots for the "device menu", you show an option called "Turn on LED flashlight". On the Pre3 I cannot get this option : it is not proposed in the configuration of the menu and thus is never displayed.

Is this normal ? A Pre3 limitation ? (could be...)

Thanks again,

Charly
    No-one has determined how to control the LED flash on the Pre 3 yet.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You are correct it is not working, I will fix and release an update.
    I have updated to the latest version and the blinking is back. Great work! And thanks again.
    Hi Sconix.
    I upgraded with the last Advanced System Prefs - Phone prefs and with this new version I can't access to my PIN's Unlock page anymore after a reboot and I can't access to my Preferences & Account page to unlock it.
    I must uninstall your patch and bypass the PIN access for it works without this entry.
    It's a little bit annoying for the security.
    Pre3 webOS 2.2 Fr-Fr.
  13.    #713  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    Hi Sconix.
    I upgraded with the last Advanced System Prefs - Phone prefs and with this new version I can't access to my PIN's Unlock page anymore after a reboot and I can't access to my Preferences & Account page to unlock it.
    I must uninstall your patch and bypass the PIN access for it works without this entry.
    It's a little bit annoying for the security.
    Pre3 webOS 2.2 Fr-Fr.
    Ok I will test and fix, there was all sorts of mishaps with the last update round. Will need to double check and verify all. Update can be expected soon.
    Thank you. ^^
    Edit : It works now.
    Last edited by KromaXamorK; 09/24/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm running webOS 2.2.3 on an AT&T Pre 3, and I can't get the Framework to install. I've already removed all the patches, and I've run Emergency Patch Recovery twice. Is it just not compatible with this version of the OS yet? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    I'm running webOS 2.2.3 on an AT&T Pre 3, and I can't get the Framework to install. I've already removed all the patches, and I've run Emergency Patch Recovery twice. Is it just not compatible with this version of the OS yet? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Sconix has not yet updated the patches for webOS 2.2.3. I believe they were even pulled from the feed until he can update them.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    That makes sense, but for some reason the patches are all showing up in my feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    That makes sense, but for some reason the patches are all showing up in my feeds.
    Have you refreshed your feeds lately? There was a tweet that went out stating they would be removed from the feeds. That is what I was going off of. If they were removed and you're still seeing them, chances are your the feed content was cached or are magic.

Either way they won't work until Sconix updates them.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Feeds are refreshed. But glad to hear that I don't have some other problem. I'll be patient and await the updates.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix has not yet updated the patches for webOS 2.2.3. I believe they were even pulled from the feed until he can update them.
    OMG! Is that my problem?!? I am seeing all the Advanced System patches still and can't install anything! Crap. I doctored once tonight and still couldn't reinstall them. I was about to doctor again until I saw this. Breath.