Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    I did the "reconstruct" but without success. Then I run EPR. All patches were uninstalled (at least it seems to be so), except the "advanced system behavior". OK.

I tried to reinstall the system menu framework patch and got this error :

----- 8< -------- Error log begins -----------------------

begin
    Rien d'intéressant.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 24732 100 24732 0 0 31261 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 40947
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    install-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/383/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Rien d'intéressant.
    failed
    Rien d'intéressant.

----- 8< -------- Error log ends -----------------------

Charly
    Patch still installed so if EPR wont help your only option is doctor unless you know how to manually restore the files.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Patch still installed so if EPR wont help your only option is doctor unless you know how to manually restore the files.
    Yes but the issue will be that the HP restore process from the palmws.com site.

How can I cancel it / prevent it from functionning ? I'm ready to re-start from a "factory-setting" phones if needed.

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
  3.    #683  
    Yes but the issue will be that the HP restore process from the palmws.com site.

How can I cancel it / prevent it from functionning ? I'm ready to re-start from a "factory-setting" phones if needed.

Charly
    What restore process are you talking about. Do you mean the profile restore after the doctor? If yes then why you want to prevent that?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    What restore process are you talking about. Do you mean the profile restore after the doctor? If yes then why you want to prevent that?
    Because I already reset my phone last evening (using the built-in functions of the power menu : I choose erase all).

So either the "erase all" process does not erase all, or, the profile restore process did the patch re-install... (that is what I thought at least).

Any advice appreciated...

Charly
  5.    #685  
    Because I already reset my phone last evening (using the built-in functions of the power menu : I choose erase all).

So either the "erase all" process does not erase all, or, the profile restore process did the patch re-install... (that is what I thought at least).

Any advice appreciated...

Charly
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $the$ $erase$ $all$ $wont$ $remove$ $patches$. $At$ $least$ $I$ $know$ $that$ $profile$ $restore$ $wont$ $install$ $them$, $only$ $app$ $catalog$ $apps$.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Thanks for the quick fix. By the way, maybe you might be able to give me a clue about this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3138143
    It's a filed bug - I posted a link in your thread to the Palm Forum posting.
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $the$ $erase$ $all$ $wont$ $remove$ $patches$. $At$ $least$ $I$ $know$ $that$ $profile$ $restore$ $wont$ $install$ $them$, $only$ $app$ $catalog$ $apps$.
    OK. So using the doctor app is the way to go to a real "factory setting" phone configuration ?

It will remove all patches ?

Thx
  8.    #688  
    OK. So using the doctor app is the way to go to a real "factory setting" phone configuration ?

It will remove all patches ?

Thx
    Yes, it will install the whole system. Then profile restore will bring back settings and app catalog apps. Then preware stuff you can install with one click from installed package list (in app menu) if you have updated that list and taken backup of it with save+restore before doctoring.
    Guess what ? When I'm trying to get WebOS doctor from the palmws.com web site, it says "Ce numéro de série n'est pas valide. " (this serial number is not valid) ???????

What the hell is that ? Any alternative source for the doctor ? Or a way to validate the serial number (this phone has been bought, I have the bill from the shop, etc...).

EDIT : What about the manual method to delete the patches ? I'm an IT and developper, even if I'm not currently that much in Linux stuff, I can learn... (I have old souvenirs of my studies on BSD and SystemV mainframes )

Charly
  10.    #690  
    Guess what ? When I'm trying to get WebOS doctor from the palmws.com web site, it says "Ce numéro de série n'est pas valide. " (this serial number is not valid) ???????

What the hell is that ? Any alternative source for the doctor ? Or a way to validate the serial number (this phone has been bought, I have the bill from the shop, etc...).

EDIT : What about the manual method to delete the patches ? I'm an IT and developper, even if I'm not currently that much in Linux stuff, I can learn... (I have old souvenirs of my studies on BSD and SystemV mainframes )

Charly
    Yes the Pre3 serials are not in the system yet, just google webos doctors and you will get a wosi wiki page that has all current doctors including the one for Pre3.

Well the manual method is not that easy when there are multiple modified files, its just too much work. If it would be file or two then you could easily unpack the doctor and copy the needed files manually-
    I'm cursed

"Error : Impossible to reinitialize your phone"

(see attached screenshot in French)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #692  
    I'm cursed

"Error : Impossible to reinitialize your phone"

(see attached screenshot in French)
    Thats normal (if the percentage was somewhere below 11%), the novaterm connection sometimes disconnects on the beginning. Just try again, it might take couple tries sometimes, also sometimes rebooting computer helps since it resets the usb/novaterm.
    OK. I managed to have it done on the 2nd try....

And now everything work !

I can see at last your marvelous patches extensions ! Great !

Thanks for your help.

Charly
    Hi sconix,

would it be possible to add a sliding control for the screen brightness as in Jason Robitaille's Device Menu patches?
    I like the "philosophy" of your advanced patches more, but brightness control is something I am definetely missing...

ginpre
  15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by ginpre View Post
    Hi sconix,

would it be possible to add a sliding control for the screen brightness as in Jason Robitaille's Device Menu patches?
    I like the "philosophy" of your advanced patches more, but brightness control is something I am definetely missing...

ginpre
    There is brightness slider as well *** volume slider for all volumes.
    Ahh, sorry! Now I found it. I did not realize it was a sub-item of "Device". Thanks!
    Oh and i just found out that in power menu i can have all options when HOLDING cancel (Abbrechen) 3secs, but i could find a way to get them configured in the first step (second screenshot in preware).

I am on Pre 3 Germany webos 2.2

oh ok stupid me RTFM:
    Configuring The Menu:

With the Power Menu already open, press and hold the power button for a few seconds to configure the Menü.

THX for your ongoing support for webOS
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09/12/2011 at 12:50 PM.
    sconix, I just noticed a small spelling error in the German device menu. When you switch on the WLAN, it says "wird einsgeschaltet" while it is waiting for the WLAN to connect but it should be spelt "wird eingeschaltet" (remove one 's').

Max
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    sconix, I just noticed a small spelling error in the German device menu. When you switch on the WLAN, it says "wird einsgeschaltet" while it is waiting for the WLAN to connect but it should be spelt "wird eingeschaltet" (remove one 's').

Max
    Will fix for next release.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Max
    Oops, sorry.
    Thank you for having reported it.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.