Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Cool, I am looking forward to the next Preware feeds update

Thanks
    Max
    BTW, changing "Menu Inhalt" => "Menüinhalt" affects not only the Power menu but I just also saw it in the Device menu. Maybe it's in a couple of other places also? Or maybe they are all referring to the same string already?
    Not sure why but for me on my pre3 they all install fine except for Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs, comes up with...

Post Inst: -1, Unable to run command IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-msg-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

everythign else = Nothing Interesting or normal green texted.

not sure what i have on that modified something the patch needs, i have very little patches on, basically just the advanced system prefs and the overlord monitoring patch + basic preware stuff.
    I just noticed something else:

After a reboot the quick action in the device menu is always changed back to "toggle data-roaming", Luna restart leaves it as it is.

Is that intentional or a bug?
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by ginpre View Post
    I just noticed something else:

After a reboot the quick action in the device menu is always changed back to "toggle data-roaming", Luna restart leaves it as it is.

Is that intentional or a bug?
    That sounds like a cookie problem, what version are you talking about? 2.2.? So I can test and verify but that certainly sounds like your cookies are not saving, i.e. the cookie is corrupted.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Not sure why but for me on my pre3 they all install fine except for Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs, comes up with...

Post Inst: -1, Unable to run command IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-msg-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

everythign else = Nothing Interesting or normal green texted.

not sure what i have on that modified something the patch needs, i have very little patches on, basically just the advanced system prefs and the overlord monitoring patch + basic preware stuff.
    All I know that the patch will apply cleanly so you have to have done something that has modified the file.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    That sounds like a cookie problem, what version are you talking about? 2.2.?
    Yes, running 2.2 on a Pre3. Corrupted cookie sounds like uninstall and re-install should solve it. I will try that this evening after work.
  8.    #668  
    Yes, running 2.2 on a Pre3. Corrupted cookie sounds like uninstall and re-install should solve it. I will try that this evening after work.
    Actually re-install wont solve the cookie problem for a patch, but another user reported something similar so maybe there is a bug in the patch. Let me test this tonight first.

EDIT: there seems to be some bug in saving the menu, will find it out and release an update.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/06/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Actually re-install wont solve the cookie problem for a patch,
    [...]
    there seems to be some bug in saving the menu, will find it out and release an update.
    Seen your post too late. Now I can confirm, that re-install doesn't work

Awaiting your update for the patch...

btw: Just used the link in your signature The advanced patches are awesome!
  10.    #670  
    Seen your post too late. Now I can confirm, that re-install doesn't work

Awaiting your update for the patch...

btw: Just used the link in your signature The advanced patches are awesome!
    This is fixed in the update I am going to release tomorrow. There are also couple small new features (also will release 2.1 versions at the same time).

Framework patch: Battery percentage will be now shown properly right after luna restart.

Device menu patch: Fixed quick action not saving bug.

Power menu patch: Now its possible temporally view all items in the menu by tap-n-hold to the cancel button. That will open the menu with all items visible.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/06/2011 at 05:47 PM.
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    After updating this patch (VZW, Pre2), my GPS icon will not go away, even after changing settings in Tweaks.

EDIT: I uninstalled framework, luna restart, reinstalled framework, luna restarted, and the GPS icon is still "unhideable". The battery percentage continues to be missing after luna restart until swiping down the device menu.
    Last edited by GHT; 09/07/2011 at 08:39 AM.
  12.    #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    After updating this patch (VZW, Pre2), my GPS icon will not go away, even after changing settings in Tweaks.

EDIT: I uninstalled framework, luna restart, reinstalled framework, luna restarted, and the GPS icon is still "unhideable". The battery percentage continues to be missing after luna restart until swiping down the device menu.
    Hmm let me check if I messed up the vzw version release.

EDIT: yes there was a typo slipped into the 2.1 releases, will release an update.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/07/2011 at 11:47 AM.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick fix. By the way, maybe you might be able to give me a clue about this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3138143
  14.    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Thanks for the quick fix. By the way, maybe you might be able to give me a clue about this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3138143
    Your welcome, sorry can't help with your problem, haven't seen anything similar or heard from such a problem. It really seems strange, but if it does it constantly I would try disabling MS for a night and see if it has any effect.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Your welcome, sorry can't help with your problem, haven't seen anything similar or heard from such a problem. It really seems strange, but if it does it constantly I would try disabling MS for a night and see if it has any effect.
    Thanks. Just thought I'd ask your expert opinion. I'll let you know if I find out anything related to Advanced patches or MS.
    Hi,

EDIT : I forgot to say that I did a reset of the Pre3 last night. The HP restore thing occured and some patches seems to be here, although they are not listed in the "installed" ones...

I trying to install your nice patches on my Pre3.

I tried to installed your patch "Advanced systems menus - Framework" (version with the Quick Install tool and got an error message (see attachment).

EDIT : I forgot to mention that the patch aws installed anyway.

I uninstalled it try to install it from Preware on the Pre3 and got the same error + a log report (note : "Rien d'intéressant." means "Nothing interesting" in French) :

----- 8< -------- Error log begins -----------------------

begin
    Rien d'intéressant.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 24732 100 24732 0 0 31935 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 43237
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    install-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/383/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    13 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    37 out of 37 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Rien d'intéressant.
    failed
    Rien d'intéressant.

----- 8< -------- Error log ends -----------------------

With Preware, the patch is not installed.

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance,

Charly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by calebrun; 09/08/2011 at 04:15 AM.
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
  17.    #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi,

I trying to install your nice patches on my Pre3.

I tried to installed your patch "Advanced systems menus - Framework" (version with the Quick Install tool and got an error message (see attachment). I uninstalled it try to install it from Preware on the Pre3 and got the same error + a log report (note : "Rien d'intéressant." means "Nothing interesting" in French) :

begin
    Rien d'intéressant.
    download
    100 24732 100 24732 0 0 31935 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 43237
    identify
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    install-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/383/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/stylesheets/global-menus.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    13 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    37 out of 37 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/es/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Rien d'intéressant.
    failed
    Rien d'intéressant.

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance,

Charly
    That means that the patch is installed. So most likely QI installed the patch but did not add the info about that. So you might need to run EPR to remove all patches and install them again to get the situation fixed.
    In fact, I have reset my Pre3 last night, and the HP restore thing occured (not possible to cancel ?).

So I think some patches were restored but the install list is not up-to-date.

I'm going to try EPR so...

Charly
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    In fact, I have reset my Pre3 last night, and the HP restore thing occured (not possible to cancel ?).

So I think some patches were restored but the install list is not up-to-date.

I'm going to try EPR so...

Charly
    Ah in that case there is also another emergency utility for re-constructing the installed packages list, that might work as well.
    Ah in that case there is also another emergency utility for re-constructing the installed packages list, that might work as well.
    I did the "reconstruct" but without success. Then I run EPR. All patches were uninstalled (at least it seems to be so), except the "advanced system behavior". OK.

I tried to reinstall the system menu framework patch and got this error :

begin
    Rien d'intéressant.
    download
    100 24732 100 24732 0 0 31261 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 40947
    identify
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    install-prerm
    Rien d'intéressant.
    postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    remove
    delete
    Rien d'intéressant.
    failed
    Rien d'intéressant.

Charly