Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    sconix, many thanks for your Pre 3 patches. Unfortunately I have a problem installing one of them: "advanced-system-menus-framework".
    Here's the log:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 24646 45 11285 0 0 3103 0 0:00:07 0:00:03 0:00:04 4289
    100 24646 100 24646 0 0 6277 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 8437
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    All 12 patches applied perfectly for me on my Pre 3.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
    sconix, many thanks for your Pre 3 patches. Unfortunately I have a problem installing one of them: "advanced-system-menus-framework".
    Here's the log:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 24646 45 11285 0 0 3103 0 0:00:07 0:00:03 0:00:04 4289
    100 24646 100 24646 0 0 6277 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 8437
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Something has modified that file, the patch has applied just fine for others.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Yes, I did edit the file, but after that I reverted all changes and file is identical as it was before editing. So, I don't know where might be a problem.
  5.    #645  
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Yes, I did edit the file, but after that I reverted all changes and file is identical as it was before editing. So, I don't know where might be a problem.
    Its not about where the problem is, its for sure that the file is still modified. There is no question about it, the patch output won't lie. You can restore the file by copying the file from the unpacked doctor for example. Depending of what app you use to edit the file it can now have windows line endings for example instead of linux, i.e. unvisible changes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Depending of what app you use to edit the file it can now have windows line endings for example instead of linux, i.e. unvisible changes.
    BINGO! I've edited it with Internalz Pro and, in fact, in preferences line ending was set to Windows. Now everything is fine. Much appreciated!
    Thumbs up for the Advanced patches, working nicely on my Pre3.

Description for "Advanced System Menus - Framework" in Preware says editing of the menus is done by gesture+tap.

Took me a while (and a look into the webos-internals wiki) to figure out that it is in fact Option+tap.

Maybe you should correct that at the next opportunity.
    Currently its not possible and I am not adding new features to 2.x versions anymore since my focus is in 3.x
    Sconix, if you are looking for stuff to improve, how about this:

1)

Make sure the Today menu only displays items from the calendars which are enabled to show in the calendar app's "all calendars" view.

I am synching my google calendar also to my corporate exchange server (so I can easily see those events on my office desktop). This means all my google events are duplicated in an exchange calendar. I have disabled that exchange calendar in the "all calendars" view so the dup events do not show up on the Pre3. However, in the Today menu all my google events show up twice.

So either follow the configuration for the "all calendars" view, or make it configurable which calendars are pulled into the Today menu.

2)

Since I am currently not using the Today menu, I would prefer have the date in the Device menu. Your Device menu can be configured pretty flexible but I did not find any way to put the date back in.

Thanks
    Max
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    So either follow the configuration for the "all calendars" view, or make it configurable which calendars are pulled into the Today menu.
    As far as I can see, it is configurable already. Patch:AdvancedSystemMenus - WebOS Internals
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by ginpre View Post
    Thumbs up for the Advanced patches, working nicely on my Pre3.

Description for "Advanced System Menus - Framework" in Preware says editing of the menus is done by gesture+tap.

Took me a while (and a look into the webos-internals wiki) to figure out that it is in fact Option+tap.

Maybe you should correct that at the next opportunity.
    Doesn't the wiki say that its tap-n-hold for the 2.x versions? It should. Also option+tap works. The gesture+tap is for 1.x versions.
  11.    #651  
    Sconix, if you are looking for stuff to improve, how about this:

1)

Make sure the Today menu only displays items from the calendars which are enabled to show in the calendar app's "all calendars" view.

I am synching my google calendar also to my corporate exchange server (so I can easily see those events on my office desktop). This means all my google events are duplicated in an exchange calendar. I have disabled that exchange calendar in the "all calendars" view so the dup events do not show up on the Pre3. However, in the Today menu all my google events show up twice.

2)

Since I am currently not using the Today menu, I would prefer have the date in the Device menu. Your Device menu can be configured pretty flexible but I did not find any way to put the date back in.

Thanks
    Max
    Yes you can select the calendars viewed in the menu already. I am not adding the date into device menu since today menu is for that purpose and since you can even make it empty only to show date there should not be need for an entry in device menu.
    As far as I can see, it is configurable already. Patch:AdvancedSystemMenus - WebOS Internals
    Oh, sorry, I totally overlooked that.

In that case, makes sense, and it's fine to have the date there instead of the Device menu.

Thanks for pointing me the right way!

Max
    Doesn't the wiki say that its tap-n-hold for the 2.x versions? It should. Also option+tap works. The gesture+tap is for 1.x versions.
    Yes, the wiki does. It says "Option+tap/tap+hold".

But the description in the patch on my Pre3 running 2.2 says "gesture+tap". Not sure if this text is the same for the 1.x and the 2.x versions.

Another thing: I just noticed a small error in the German version of the "Advanced System Menus - Device Menu". In the modified battery information it should be "lädt" instead of "läd"
    Ok, so the Top menu is fine now.

Hey, I am now getting the hang of this. Your patches are actually really cool.. very thoughtfully done, flexible configuration!

But.... what is going on in the Power menu? My confusion must be because of the German localization. When I enter the Power menu configuration I see [English translation in brackets]:

Menu Inhalt [menu contents]
    ---------------
    Flugzeugmodus umschalten [toggle flight mode]
    Gerät ausschalten Aktion [turn off device action]
    Gerät neu starten Aktion [restart device action]
    Luna Neustart Aktion [Luna restart action]

So I turned all of them on, and the Power menu then shows [English translation in brackets]:

Flugzeugmodus einschalten [activate flight mode]
    Gerät Ruhestand deaktivieren [deactivate device sleep mode]
    Gerät ausschalten [turn off device]
    Gerät neu starten [restart device]
    Luna Neustart [Luna restart]
    Abbrechen [Cancel]

Couple of points here:

"Menu Inhalt" should be "Menüinhalt"

"Flugzeugmodus umschalten" is listed twice. So I guess the second once should be "Ruhezustand umschalten" or something similar, but I am not clear what "Gerät Ruhestand deaktivieren" is supposed to do. What is it in English? Or.. what is the device sleep mode if that is the correct translation.

"Aktion" needs to be removed from the three bottom lines.

Happy to retest!

Cheers
    Max
  15.    #655  
    Yes, the wiki does. It says "Option+tap/tap+hold".

But the description in the patch on my Pre3 running 2.2 says "gesture+tap". Not sure if this text is the same for the 1.x and the 2.x versions.

Another thing: I just noticed a small error in the German version of the "Advanced System Menus - Device Menu". In the modified battery information it should be "lädt" instead of "läd"
    Ah did not remember that the description also has that info, will need to fix that.

Well the läd was what was suggested by several german users for me so I changed to that a while a go.
  16.    #656  
    Ok, so the Top menu is fine now.

Hey, I am now getting the hang of this. Your patches are actually really cool.. very thoughtfully done, flexible configuration!

But.... what is going on in the Power menu? My confusion must be because of the German localization. When I enter the Power menu configuration I see [English translation in brackets]:

Menu Inhalt [menu contents]
    ---------------
    Gerät ausschalten Aktion [turn off device action]
    Gerät neu starten Aktion [restart device action]
    Luna Neustart Aktion [Luna restart action]

So I turned all of them on, and the Power menu then shows [English translation in brackets]:

Flugzeugmodus einschalten [activate flight mode]
    Gerät Ruhestand deaktivieren [deactivate device sleep mode]
    Gerät ausschalten [turn off device]
    Gerät neu starten [restart device]
    Luna Neustart [Luna restart]
    Abbrechen [Cancel]

Couple of points here:

"Menu Inhalt" should be "Menüinhalt"

"Flugzeugmodus umschalten" is listed twice. So I guess the second once should be "Ruhezustand umschalten" or something similar, but I am not clear what "Gerät Ruhestand deaktivieren" is supposed to do. What is it in English? Or.. what is the device sleep mode if that is the correct translation.

"Aktion" needs to be removed from the three bottom lines.

Happy to retest!

Cheers
    Max
    Thanks, well I try to make the patches configurable and in a way that they are usable by normal user. Of course some of the functions are more hidden than others, but don't think normal user needs all the stuff added by the patches.

Ah there is a copy paste error then. Have copied wrong translation string for the second configuration item. I will include the fixes you suggest for the next release. The device sleep mode is just that it prevents device / screen from going to sleep. I.e. it overrides the screen timeout so that the screen wont go to sleep unless power button pressed. This feature would need bit more work though since the sleep mode is left "on" in the button state even when the screen/sleep block gets canceled via power button for example. Will get to it at some point.
    Well the läd was what was suggested by several german users for me so I changed to that a while a go.
    It's a rather common mistake, but "lädt" is definetely correct.
  18.    #658  
    It's a rather common mistake, but "lädt" is definetely correct.
    Ok, I will include the change in next release.
    Well, okay, but it's spelt incorrectly. Should be "lädt".

Actually, I just checked: my Windows 7 Laptop claims "wird geladen" which is actually more correct; the battery neither charges by itself, nor does it charge something else. "Akku lädt" means "Battery charges" (whom? what?). "Akku wird geladen" means "Battery is being charged", which is exactly what is happening -- it is being charged by the power supply and the charging electronics and the power of the incoming electricity. (The battery is the passive receiving end, so grammatically you should also use passive voice.)

Also, in German, the percent sign usually directly follows the numbers.

So, I would recommend these:

Akku: 57%, in Betrieb
    Akku: 57%, wird geladen

I think the text with "wird geladen" will still fit the screen width.

There is some inconsistency in the German texts in the Top menu as well.

In 3 days mode:

"Folgender Tag zeigen"
    "Montagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Dienstagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Mittwochsereignisse zeigen"
    "Donnerstagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Freitagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Heutige Ereignisse zeigen"

Words like "Montagsereignisse" sound really weird to me (I am a native German speaker). I understand it but it just doesn't sound right. And "Folgender Tag zeigen" is slightly incorrect grammar.

Try this instead:

"Morgigen Tag anzeigen" [show tomorrow]
    "Montag anzeigen" [show Monday]
    "Dienstag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Mittwoch anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Donnerstag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Freitag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Samstag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Sonntag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Heute anzeigen" [show today]

I would just totally leave out the word "Ereignisse" (events). Keep it simple...

Or if you want "Ereignisse":

"Morgige Ereignisse anzeigen" [show tomorrow's events]
    "Ereignisse für Montag anzeigen" [show events for Monday]
    "Ereignisse für Dienstag anzeigen" [show events for Tuesday]
    "Ereignisse für Mittwoch anzeigen" [show events for Wednesday]
    "Ereignisse für Donnerstag anzeigen" [show events for Thursday]
    "Ereignisse für Freitag anzeigen" [show events for Friday]
    "Ereignisse für Samstag anzeigen" [show events for Saturday]
    "Ereignisse für Sonntag anzeigen" [show events for Sunday]
    "Heutige Ereignisse anzeigen" [show today's events]

Oh well. Localization is always fun.

Happy to help; I have done that in the past for other apps (not on webOS, though, but hey some of it was for PalmOS apps).

Max
  20.    #660  
    Well, okay, but it's spelt incorrectly. Should be "lädt".

Actually, I just checked: my Windows 7 Laptop claims "wird geladen" which is actually more correct; the battery neither charges by itself, nor does it charge something else. "Akku lädt" means "Battery charges" (whom? what?). "Akku wird geladen" means "Battery is being charged", which is exactly what is happening -- it is being charged by the power supply and the charging electronics and the power of the incoming electricity. (The battery is the passive receiving end, so grammatically you should also use passive voice.)

Also, in German, the percent sign usually directly follows the numbers.

So, I would recommend these:

Akku: 57%, in Betrieb
    Akku: 57%, wird geladen

I think the text with "wird geladen" will still fit the screen width.

There is some inconsistency in the German texts in the Top menu as well.

In 3 days mode:

"Folgender Tag zeigen"
    "Montagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Dienstagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Mittwochsereignisse zeigen"
    "Donnerstagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Freitagsereignisse zeigen"
    "Heutige Ereignisse zeigen"

Words like "Montagsereignisse" sound really weird to me (I am a native German speaker). I understand it but it just doesn't sound right. And "Folgender Tag zeigen" is slightly incorrect grammar.

Try this instead:

"Morgigen Tag anzeigen" [show tomorrow]
    "Montag anzeigen" [show Monday]
    "Dienstag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Mittwoch anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Donnerstag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Freitag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Samstag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Sonntag anzeigen" [show Tuesday]
    "Heute anzeigen" [show today]

I would just totally leave out the word "Ereignisse" (events). Keep it simple...

Or if you want "Ereignisse":

"Morgige Ereignisse anzeigen" [show tomorrow's events]
    "Ereignisse für Montag anzeigen" [show events for Monday]
    "Ereignisse für Dienstag anzeigen" [show events for Tuesday]
    "Ereignisse für Mittwoch anzeigen" [show events for Wednesday]
    "Ereignisse für Donnerstag anzeigen" [show events for Thursday]
    "Ereignisse für Freitag anzeigen" [show events for Friday]
    "Ereignisse für Samstag anzeigen" [show events for Saturday]
    "Ereignisse für Sonntag anzeigen" [show events for Sunday]
    "Heutige Ereignisse anzeigen" [show today's events]

Oh well. Localization is always fun.

Happy to help; I have done that in the past for other apps (not on webOS, though, but hey some of it was for PalmOS apps).

Max
    Ok, will include those changes as well.