Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well its by webOS design
    Actually, stock webOS specifically allows you to go into airplane mode and then turn on individual radios. On many of my development devices I have airplane mode turned on permanently and wifi re-enabled.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, stock webOS specifically allows you to go into airplane mode and then turn on individual radios. On many of my development devices I have airplane mode turned on permanently and wifi re-enabled.

-- Rod
    Yes I miss remembered the stock check that is there is actually for only blocking the menu when the change to/from airplane mode is going. I guess when I made the patch originally I did not pay so close attention that I thought that checking for airplanemodeinporgress would mean that the airplane mode is on and not that the change is in progress.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/17/2011 at 02:31 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Sconix, I installed the following patches (Advanced System Menues-Device Menu, Power Menu, Today Menu) with the corresponding framework on my Verizon phone. I since tryed to uninstall the patches with Emergency Patch Recovery when I experienced problems installing the Advanced System Preferences (Did not realize that you need to update them for the new Verizon 2.1 WebOS release). My Pre was back to no patches when I open PReware again and realized that the ipkg status file was corrupt. I ran the Emergency Reconstruction Utility and then I had four patches that Preware said I had installed. The three Advanced System Menus above and the App Menu with no framework. I reinstalled the framework patch and then removed the App Menu patch but the other three above patches are not getting removed. When I remove them i get the following error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu-vzw.prerm 2>&1
    ERROR: Cannot find patch file, bspatch file or additonal_files!

I have tried the Emergency Reconstruction Utility but that will only remove the framework patch i had installed and not the other three patches. Can you help?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Anyone know why my modes keep disappearing in my drop-down even thought they're still in mode-switcher? Didn't happen for the first couple weeks...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  5.    #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmmjr170 View Post
    Sconix, I installed the following patches (Advanced System Menues-Device Menu, Power Menu, Today Menu) with the corresponding framework on my Verizon phone. I since tryed to uninstall the patches with Emergency Patch Recovery when I experienced problems installing the Advanced System Preferences (Did not realize that you need to update them for the new Verizon 2.1 WebOS release). My Pre was back to no patches when I open PReware again and realized that the ipkg status file was corrupt. I ran the Emergency Reconstruction Utility and then I had four patches that Preware said I had installed. The three Advanced System Menus above and the App Menu with no framework. I reinstalled the framework patch and then removed the App Menu patch but the other three above patches are not getting removed. When I remove them i get the following error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu-vzw.prerm 2>&1
    ERROR: Cannot find patch file, bspatch file or additonal_files!

I have tried the Emergency Reconstruction Utility but that will only remove the framework patch i had installed and not the other three patches. Can you help?
    Something has interrupted the installation/uninstallation of that patch badly, but I think EPR should fix that situation as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Sconix, did you see my question? I have modes disappearing from my drop down that are still in mode switcher...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Sconix, did you see my question? I have modes disappearing from my drop down that are still in mode switcher...
    If you mean that only some of the modes are showing in the menu then you have hidden the modes in the menu so just unhide them (in rare cases they can get hidden by themself when the cookie gets damaged). If you don't know how then see the wiki for the patch how to hide stuff from the menu.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    That must be it as it started on a bright sunny day with me fumbling around to switch to car mode.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Something has interrupted the installation/uninstallation of that patch badly, but I think EPR should fix that situation as well.
    Sconix, it does not work. EPR says there are no patches installed yet they are. Very weird. If you do not have a solution, I will just doctor the phone and start fresh. Let me know if have another solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmmjr170 View Post
    Sconix, it does not work. EPR says there are no patches installed yet they are. Very weird. If you do not have a solution, I will just doctor the phone and start fresh. Let me know if have another solution.
    in prepare under lined applications run the emergency reconstruction utility
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    sconix - I tweeted you this too. I have a vzw pre2 recently updated to 2.1. I have your updated patches installed. On the dev menu the bluetooth, WiFi, phone etc drawers do not open.the device drawer does open

thanks for all your hard work
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    sconix - I tweeted you this too. I have a vzw pre2 recently updated to 2.1. I have your updated patches installed. On the dev menu the bluetooth, WiFi, phone etc drawers do not open.the device drawer does open

thanks for all your hard work
    Yes I noticed, I tweeted back. But really the reason is that those drawers wont open if the airplane mode is on. So either the webOS is thinking so or you have the frmework or device menu patch installed wrongly. So try toggling airplane mode first. If not then you have to have some installation problem.

I am going to change it so that the menus do open even when on airplane mode with the upcoming releases. I am just waiting to get a device to test on before release which should be on monday / tuesday. Since this was asked and I always thought this was the way webOS always had it but took a closer look an it was that the menus was blocked only when change to/from airplane mode was going not when on airlpane mode. My bad so will change this behavior.
    Yes I noticed, I tweeted back. But really the reason is that those drawers wont open if the airplane mode is on. So either the webOS is thinking so or you have the frmework or device menu patch installed wrongly. So try toggling airplane mode first. If not then you have to have some installation problem.

I am going to change it so that the menus do open even when on airplane mode with the upcoming releases. I am just waiting to get a device to test on before release which should be on monday / tuesday. Since this was asked and I always thought this was the way webOS always had it but took a closer look an it was that the menus was blocked only when change to/from airplane mode was going not when on airlpane mode. My bad so will change this behavior.
    Thanks -- yes it was airplane mode -- i cannot believe that your pre 2 is still out of commission -- what is the status -- one coming?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Thanks -- yes it was airplane mode -- i cannot believe that your pre 2 is still out of commission -- what is the status -- one coming?
    Good, yes and I am not sure if it will ever get fixed now, but I guess the warranty is still valid so they should fix that problem but who know now. Well anyway I am receiving a Pre3 on Monday which I can use to test everything even though it has different webOS version but I assume its not that much different from 2.1. Well wanting to get Veer to replace my pre2 anyway but bit tight on money at the moment, maybe they will put it on sale soon
    Sconix - thanks for the continued development in spite of everything going on in HP-hell.

The latest update of 'Advanced System Menus - Device Menu' (2.1.0.-1.4.3) has caused my Sprint 2.1.0 Pre- to consistently bog down and eventually become unresponsive within minutes of booting. Removing it took care of the problem. Ideas?
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  16.    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Sconix - thanks for the continued development in spite of everything going on in HP-hell.

The latest update of 'Advanced System Menus - Device Menu' (2.1.0.-1.4.3) has caused my Sprint 2.1.0 Pre- to consistently bog down and eventually become unresponsive within minutes of booting. Removing it took care of the problem. Ideas?
    Try re-installing, there are no changes that could cause any problems. So my guess is in installation problem.
    I may be having more serious problems. The phone eventually crashed after 2 hours. I used emergency patch recovery, trying to get it to keep running for more than a few minutes at a time. I wonder if my poor original Pre- is on it's last overclocked legs.....
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    I may be having more serious problems. The phone eventually crashed after 2 hours. I used emergency patch recovery, trying to get it to keep running for more than a few minutes at a time. I wonder if my poor original Pre- is on it's last overclocked legs.....
    Or it is just asking a visit to Doctor Sometimes its good to "reset" the device to get clean slate.
    Or it is just asking a visit to Doctor Sometimes its good to "reset" the device to get clean slate.
    Yup. I think I'm just about there. I'm getting "Critical Memory Errors - Too many cards open" right after booting. <sigh>
    --
    Update: Did a complete device reset, managed to get Preware back on, reinstalled apps from catalog (except Let's Golf... failed???), and seem to be back in business.

One issue: no notifications for text messages. The texts are received, but I get no notification on the Pre. Tried emergency service fix, no avail. I get email notifications....

Actually, other issues: Some patches wont install, like advanced system/message options, message counter....

grrrr..........
    --