Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    could you change the german translation for "Akku: 35%,charging" from "Akku: 35%, ladet" into "laden" or "läd" or "aufladen". All of them are better then ladet.
    Good gosh, the latest update made me laugh.

    Correct word, but you spell it lädt

    Thanks for your great work!
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Sconix: I've only installed yesterday but have to say these are great patches.
    One problem. I know the Veer is a bit flakey with IMAP IDLE to begin with, but once I use mode-switcher and the advanced menu for mode switcher, it will go hours without receiving an email in either "as they arrive" or fetching every 5 mins. Seems worst on 2G.

    Anyone else reported this?
    Its not MS nor the patches nor the Veer. Its webOS 2.x problem, for example for me the as items arrive does not work at all on wifi, but it works mostly when on 3G.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #603  
    I'm also seeing much faster battery loss since installing on AT&T Veer "4G"
    Today I took it off the charger at 6:10 AM and now (8:30 AM) it's down to 75% battery with absolutely no use other than to check the time. Normally I'd still be above 95%.

    Would really love to have these patches work, but I can't afford a six hour standby phone
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I'm also seeing much faster battery loss since installing on AT&T Veer "4G"
    Today I took it off the charger at 6:10 AM and now (8:30 AM) it's down to 75% battery with absolutely no use other than to check the time. Normally I'd still be above 95%.

    Would really love to have these patches work, but I can't afford a six hour standby phone
    These patches can not have any effect on the battery usage. You have to have some other problem in your phone. At least I have not heard anyone else reporting such and really don't see how the patch could have even smallest effect on battery usage since the patch does not add any code outside of the menu. I.e. the added code is only executed when menus are openend so unless you keep opening the menu constantly it has no effect on the battery usage.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #605  
    Interesting. The only patches I have installed are:
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    Advanced System Menus: Power, Mode, Device (and framework of course) all for Veer

    Could Mode Switcher be a resource hog? By definition it has to listen for triggers.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Interesting. The only patches I have installed are:
    Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    Advanced System Menus: Power, Mode, Device (and framework of course) all for Veer

    Could Mode Switcher be a resource hog? By definition it has to listen for triggers.
    You don't need Launch MS on Luna Boot patch on 2.x but having it installed wont have any effect since there is no such patch for 2.x its only placeholder package.

    The MS can be the cause, but even that its most likely some problem with its installation (i.e. properly running MS won't use any battery unless you are using some triggers in your modes and even then it only have tiny effect on battery usage). Some have reported such weird battery usage with MS long time a go, but re-installing it has fixed the problem. And I sure hope you have MS 2.x and not 1.x...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #607  
    MS is 2.3.9. I will try reinstalling.

    I appreciate the help even if there's no solution...yet
    Sure wish I had a terminal/shell app and could just to a top or ps axv to see what's running and what resources its hogging.
  8. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #608  
    Okay...I think I may have found the stupid thing I did that might be causing issues.
    After uninstalling, reinstalling and re-running MS I did not enable advanced mode because I don't have the Advanced System Prefs patch installed.

    Clearly I had advanced mode enabled before as I was able to set email prefs from within MS.

    Any chance that would drain a battery faster?
  9. #609  
    Hey Sconix. I saw on the today menu in some of the screenshots for it that it shows the weather forecast from google. This is ONE of the reasons I just made a gmail account. I notice that it either shows the high for the day or the low for the day. My question is can it be made to show the current temperature? Or is that all on Googles side?
  10. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #610  
    Screenshots?
  11. #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Screenshots?
    In Preware. It shows screenshots at the top.
  12. Boopop's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #612  
    OK so I've installed the framework along with the device menu patch, but once the device menu patch is installed, I can't bring up the device menu at all... Any ideas? This is after a full reboot, and my phone doesn't have any other patches on it.
  13. #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    OK so I've installed the framework along with the device menu patch, but once the device menu patch is installed, I can't bring up the device menu at all... Any ideas? This is after a full reboot, and my phone doesn't have any other patches on it.
    You dont get a drop down menu at all? Did you make sure to install the right patches for your device? Each patch has about three separate versions.
  14. Boopop's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #614  
    EDIT: Nevermind, got it fixed
    Last edited by Boopop; 07/30/2011 at 03:48 AM.
  15. #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Hey Sconix. I saw on the today menu in some of the screenshots for it that it shows the weather forecast from google. This is ONE of the reasons I just made a gmail account. I notice that it either shows the high for the day or the low for the day. My question is can it be made to show the current temperature? Or is that all on Googles side?
    That's a google calendar you can add (other calendars, add, browse interesting calendars).
  16. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #616  
    I see a sunrise sunset calendar there, but no weather forecast...

    Edit: found it. It's not a calendar but a setting "show weather" under Calendar settings in Gmail.
    Last edited by Mize; 07/30/2011 at 08:48 AM.
  17. #617  
    Yeah, I got the feature going in the today menu. I was just wondering if it can be made to show the CURRENT temperature instead of the high or low for the day. Its probably all managed on Googles end but I just thought Id ask and see.
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Yeah, I got the feature going in the today menu. I was just wondering if it can be made to show the CURRENT temperature instead of the high or low for the day. Its probably all managed on Googles end but I just thought Id ask and see.
    Currently its not possible and I am not adding new features to 2.x versions anymore since my focus is in 3.x (of course if I add something new to 3.x versions they will make it into 2.x as well, but since at least atm the menu patches can not exist in 3.x there is no new stuff coming in near future). But having "current" weather info be shown in top bar is something that I would like to have as well when/if its doable in a sensible way.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. Badcard's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #619  
    Hello Sconix,
    I just noticed that when airplane mode is activated, you cannot open sub-menus of any of the radio menu item?
    Is that on purpose?
    If so, I understand that this might be in an effort to simplify things, although in my case, it caught me by surprise.
    I wanted to kill radios and leave only wifi and couldn't from the menu once airplane mode was activated.
    After playing around a bit, I realized what was going on.
    Maybe it's just my twisted mind...I imagine I could kill all the radios I'm not using one at a time and leave only wifi on, but that takes longer! :-p
    Cheers, your patches are simply the best mate.
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Hello Sconix,
    I just noticed that when airplane mode is activated, you cannot open sub-menus of any of the radio menu item?
    Is that on purpose?
    If so, I understand that this might be in an effort to simplify things, although in my case, it caught me by surprise.
    I wanted to kill radios and leave only wifi and couldn't from the menu once airplane mode was activated.
    After playing around a bit, I realized what was going on.
    Maybe it's just my twisted mind...I imagine I could kill all the radios I'm not using one at a time and leave only wifi on, but that takes longer! :-p
    Cheers, your patches are simply the best mate.
    Well its by webOS desing, I could change it but don't see the point. I.e. there is Mode Switcher for changing many configs with single tap
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions