Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well it actually should show Show Wednesday's Events etc. for other than tomorrow/today. Will have to fix this bug for next release.
    In the translations I provided to you, I actually translated "Show tomorrow's events" as "Show next day's events".
    And I am happy with that.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    In the translations I provided to you, I actually translated "Show tomorrow's events" as "Show next day's events".
    And I am happy with that.
    Now I need more translations for "Show Monday's Events" Monday replaced for every day of the week If you prefer I can translate them also with the same show next days event as you wish.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Now I need more translations for "Show Monday's Events" Monday replaced for every day of the week If you prefer I can translate them also with the same show next days event as you wish.
    I think if you change it, you'd better include the day's name, as you intend to.
    For localization purposes, I would suggest "Show #{dayname}'s Events"
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Hi,

I have tried to install a number of Advanced System Patches in order to use the Mode Switcher App from the Top Bar.

After installing the Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu (v2.1.0-93) from Preware I can not see the new Menu in the Top Bar. Also the Network provider section always shows "Network Search..." instead of the provider Name.

I had installed Advanced Systems Prefs - Framework and - Phone before.
    My Pre2 is running webos 2.1.0 (P102UEU)

Any idea how I can get Mode Menu running?
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by slind View Post
    Hi,

I have tried to install a number of Advanced System Patches in order to use the Mode Switcher App from the Top Bar.

After installing the Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu (v2.1.0-93) from Preware I can not see the new Menu in the Top Bar. Also the Network provider section always shows "Network Search..." instead of the provider Name.

I had installed Advanced Systems Prefs - Framework and - Phone before.
    My Pre2 is running webos 2.1.0 (P102UEU)

Any idea how I can get Mode Menu running?
    As the patch says it needs the framework patch as well. Not the prefs framework but the system menus framework. The advanced system prefs and advanced system menus are different patch sets.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks sconix, however I am a bit confused now.
    I was following instructions on the app mode switcher 2.x Post and the wiki which states Advanced System Prefs - Framework

Which framework do I need to install, the Advanced System menus - framework or the System Menu Initial Framework (which only seems to be placeholder for webos2.1.0)?

The Advanced System menus Framework gives me an ipkg error:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    4 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
  7.    #587  
    Thanks sconix, however I am a bit confused now.
    I was following instructions on the app mode switcher 2.x Post and the wiki which states Advanced System Prefs - Framework

Which framework do I need to install, the Advanced System menus - framework or the System Menu Initial Framework (which only seems to be placeholder for webos2.1.0)?

The Advanced System menus Framework gives me an ipkg error:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    4 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    2 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Well if you want all MS features to work then you need all advanced system prefs patches (well not all but all is recommended). As is all my advanced patches, even though you can install only few of them but its recommended to install all. They are divided into logical patches only for faster/easier installation/updating of the patches, but I only test the patches when all of the patch set are installed. Anyway the patches should include enough configuration options so that you don't loose anything to have all of them installed.

If you want mode menu then you naturally need system menus framework patch as well, but any of the system menu patches are not needed to have all MS features but they are handy. The error means that you have conflicting patches installed. Most likely patches which features are already provided by the system menu patches. By the look of the error you have some top bar related patches installed, it might be the easiest to go as wiki suggest via EPR and then installing all wanted advanced patches first then rest so you can see what can't be installed i.e. was the conflicting ones.

EDIT: I fixed the wiki section a bit to be more clear about the needed patches.
    Thanks for looking into this and for the fix.

Will try the update and let you know the results.
    EDIT: works perfectly well now!

As for not adding more items in the menu: I understand your reasons for this and I generally dislike cluttered menus and wasted screen space too.

But tap & hold is not working comfortably on the Veer since it requires two handed operation to accomplish this. Thus it is actually not much more convenient than sliding out the keyboard and using the option key.
    EDIT: Now figured out how it works and it's actually pretty comfortable ... Seems I was confusing tap&hold with gesture-area-tap & tap ...
    Last edited by guma; 07/26/2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: update
    There is still a minor bug in the 'show ... events' menu entry: it does not display 'Sunday'. instead it gives 'undefined' when you are on Saturday.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    There is still a minor bug in the 'show ... events' menu entry: it does not display 'Sunday'. instead it gives 'undefined' when you are on Saturday.
    Same bug here.

11.    #591  
    Same bug here.
    Will have to fix that then Update coming...
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by guma View Post
    Thanks for looking into this and for the fix.

Will try the update and let you know the results.
    EDIT: works perfectly well now!

As for not adding more items in the menu: I understand your reasons for this and I generally dislike cluttered menus and wasted screen space too.

But tap & hold is not working comfortably on the Veer since it requires two handed operation to accomplish this. Thus it is actually not much more convenient than sliding out the keyboard and using the option key.
    EDIT: Now figured out how it works and it's actually pretty comfortable ... Seems I was confusing tap&hold with gesture-area-tap & tap ...
    That what I thought since tap-n-hold should be as doable as single tap
    Thanks a lot for updating the description Wiki!

Guess I found the conflicting patches. I reset my Pre2 completely with the webOS Doctor and was able to install the Advanced System Menus-framework patch without issues.
    After that I was trying to installing a batter icon patch for the top bar and was getting the same IPKG error. The same error appeared for other battery icon patches.

Is there still any chance to install both of the Patches?
  14.    #594  
    Thanks a lot for updating the description Wiki!

Guess I found the conflicting patches. I reset my Pre2 completely with the webOS Doctor and was able to install the Advanced System Menus-framework patch without issues.
    After that I was trying to installing a batter icon patch for the top bar and was getting the same IPKG error. The same error appeared for other battery icon patches.

Is there still any chance to install both of the Patches?
    The system menus patch provides battery as icon, see the wiki for all the features of the patch and how to configure.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Will have to fix that then Update coming...
    Thanks for the update, the bug is fixed.

I forgot to tell you that, with the new way of displaying "Show xxxday's Events", the translation for the string "Show Tomorrow's Events" needs to be slightly modified for french and german.
    Code:
    french:
    "Show Tomorrow's Events", "Afficher demain",

german:
    "Show Tomorrow's Events", "Ereignisse für Morgen zeigen",
    Sorry for the mistake.

16.    #596  
    Thanks for the update, the bug is fixed.

I forgot to tell you that, with the new way of displaying "Show xxxday's Events", the translation for the string "Show Tomorrow's Events" needs to be slightly modified for french and german.
    Code:
    french:
    "Show Tomorrow's Events", "Afficher demain",

german:
    "Show Tomorrow's Events", "Ereignisse für Morgen zeigen",
    Sorry for the mistake.
    No worries there is always fixes needed for translation so will wait if any other changes and release update at some point.
    For some reason, the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu will not update - as far as I know I haven't installed any new patches - all of your other patches updated fine. So, I'm not sure where I went wrong. Here's the log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Any thoughts? And, I appreciate your help in advance! Thanks...
  18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkreisberg22 View Post
    For some reason, the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu will not update - as far as I know I haven't installed any new patches - all of your other patches updated fine. So, I'm not sure where I went wrong. Here's the log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Any thoughts? And, I appreciate your help in advance! Thanks...
    Well there always is only those two options, 1) you have some conflicting patch installed, 2) the patch is not uninstalled cleanly (which should not normally happen ever, but for some reason it happens for some users sometimes).

Just remember when ever there is an update something could be changed in the patch so that now it conflict with some patch you have installed. If uninstalling device menu related patches wont help then you might need to run EPR and start by installing my patches first to see if it was some patch that conflicted (i.e. some patch wont install now) or the uninstallation problem.
    @sconix: figured out which patch it was, JR's "Data in Device Menu" - I feel like a moron...but on the bright side of my moronic day, your patch is installed and back and running! In fact it makes that other patch obsolete! Sorry to make you have to type all that out!

Thanks for your work here, and in general.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Sconix: I've only installed yesterday but have to say these are great patches.
    One problem. I know the Veer is a bit flakey with IMAP IDLE to begin with, but once I use mode-switcher and the advanced menu for mode switcher, it will go hours without receiving an email in either "as they arrive" or fetching every 5 mins. Seems worst on 2G.

Anyone else reported this?