Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I should have been more clear, sorry. What I meant was I downloaded the 2.0.1 version of the Framework patch from the Preware feed and edited the relevant bits. Actually I just symlinked some directories in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo[2]/submissions and installed the ipkg.

Going to look at the other patches now. Also going to have a chat with Palm about the update. I have seen others with the same update problem as me. I'm not sure how widespread it, is so you might not need to worry about it.

I'm not that interested in the wifi icon when it's not connected either, but when I did the ringer switch patch I got requests for a version with an icon when the Ringer was ON. So some people like to have icons for everything. I'm just saying that there will be requests for the grayed out wifi icon if you remove it.

For me, the GPS icon is not needed either. I never turn it off.
    I see, let me know if it works then I can release the patches into 2.0.0 feed as well. Well they should work if they installed without problems.

Yes, I think the only option would be to combine the icons that relate to data connection. It might be already enough anyway.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I see, let me know if it works then I can release the patches into 2.0.0 feed as well. Well they should work if they installed without problems.

Yes, I think the only option would be to combine the icons that relate to data connection. It might be already enough anyway.
    Yes, that might be just enough with the roaming icon. Unless of course you also enable TTY in the phone preferences.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  3.    #43  
    Yes, that might be just enough with the roaming icon. Unless of course you also enable TTY in the phone preferences.
    Of course there a lot more icons if all enabled. I had one idea that I would like to try, it was not possible easily in 1.4.5 but it should be in 2.0.0. The idea was that the top bar would show different info when phone held almost vertical position. So it could be easy to see date in place of time in top bar just tilting the phone a bit. The same could go for icons, so that the icon are would be limited and then show icons "aligned to right" normally and then "aligned to left" when tilting phone. Then just order the icons so that less important are on the left so the most important are normally shown. This would also allow more mode information to be displayed in the left corner. The trigger for temporally showing the "secondary" contents could be shaking as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Well I know that the icons also tell that its activated, but not sure how important the information is. At least its not so important information for me. Anyway it might be for some so I am not yet sure what to do, will have to think different options.
    Personally, I like having the WiFi icons show when enabled whether active or not so I know it's on & am reminded to turn it off when I leave a WiFi enabled area to save battery. My 2 worth
    The same could go for icons, so that the icon are would be limited and then show icons "aligned to right" normally and then "aligned to left" when tilting phone. Then just order the icons so that less important are on the left so the most important are normally shown. This would also allow more mode information to be displayed in the left corner. The trigger for temporally showing the "secondary" contents could be shaking as well.
    Sound interesting. I'm not 100% convinced, but I'd sure like to try the idea out for a while.

Something else; I found a little bug in the framework patch 2.0.1-8. The whole row of top bar icons moves to the left when a card is active. It has to do with the padding in '.devicemenu-appmenu' in systemui.css. Setting 'padding-right' to 0 seems to fix it.

EDIT: OK, now I get it. I don't use the app menu patch, so it looks weird when the icons jump. Still, they probably shouldn't move unless the app menu patch is applied.
    Last edited by frause; 11/25/2010 at 11:47 AM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  6.    #46  
    Sound interesting. I'm not 100% convinced, but I'd sure like to try the idea out for a while.

Something else; I found a little bug in the framework patch 2.0.1-8. The whole row of top bar icons moves to the left when a card is active. It has to do with the padding in '.devicemenu-appmenu' in systemui.css. Setting 'padding-right' to 0 seems to fix it.

EDIT: OK, now I get it. I don't use the app menu patch, so it looks weird when the icons jump. Still, they probably shouldn't move unless the app menu patch is applied.
    You are right it has slipped into wrong patch. Will fix for next release. And I am not sure either about the thing I described, but I would like to test it or something like that.
    Installed it on my pre2 a few days ago.
    now with 2.0.1, I can't update it, nor remove it.

this is what i get:

Code:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/362/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/362/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/90/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/90/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    any ideas?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by sauron View Post
    Installed it on my pre2 a few days ago.
    now with 2.0.1, I can't update it, nor remove it.

this is what i get:

Code:
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/362/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/362/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/90/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/90/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    any ideas?
    You should remove these patches before OTA since AUPT does not support patches that touch files in multiple packages (yet at least, hopefully in future it will). To get you back on the business I think running EPR will fix the situation.
    You should remove these patches before OTA since AUPT does not support patches that touch files in multiple packages (yet at least, hopefully in future it will). To get you back on the business I think running EPR will fix the situation.
    Thanks. that 2.0.1 came when I was not ready for it around 4 am.
    I just hit the install button.

i'll try the EPR.
    Everything working great here, have loaded up framework, device menu, power menu, and today menu. Today menu isn't showing any appointments, though. :/ Known issue that I should have figured out by now? I've tried toggling multiple calendars in the meta-tap settings.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    For me, the results are mixed.

- Device menu installs fine, but some features don't seem to work.
    - Today menu installs fine, but only some calendar show their appointments. The Exchange calendar events do not show, and if I enable it, I loose the other calendars that work.
    - Mode menu - Installs and works fine.
    - Power Menu - Installs fine, seems to work, but I cannot get to the edit menu to tweak it.
    - App Menu - Refuses to install

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    10 11890 10 1195 0 0 1329 0 0:00:08 --:--:-- 0:00:08 2237
    100 11890 100 11890 0 0 10377 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 15204
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-app-menu
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-app-menu.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/88/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/88/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-app-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-app-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Not fully functionnal yet but pretty impressive first impression.
    I love the integration into the UI.

BTW, I use the option key (silver/orange) to access the edit menu of those patch.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    For me, the results are mixed.

- Device menu installs fine, but some features don't seem to work.
    - Today menu installs fine, but only some calendar show their appointments. The Exchange calendar events do not show, and if I enable it, I loose the other calendars that work.
    - Mode menu - Installs and works fine.
    - Power Menu - Installs fine, seems to work, but I cannot get to the edit menu to tweak it.
    - App Menu - Refuses to install

Not fully functionnal yet but pretty impressive first impression.
    I love the integration into the UI.

BTW, I use the option key (silver/orange) to access the edit menu of those patch.
    Have you installed the framework patch? The device menu should be fully functional if not please tell me what is not working. The only thing that is not currently working is the security menu. Next release should fix that.

For the power menu if you have the framework patch installed you will get to the editing menu by holding down the power button for few seconds (like you did to get into the power menu itself) when you are in the power menu.

I will have to look into the calendar events problem some are having. I am only using google calendar and for that its working so I guess I need to try to somehow test other calendars as well.

EDIT: For the app menu patch not installing, are you still running 2.0.0? Since 2.0.1 version of the patch should not try to access those files shown in the install log you pasted.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/28/2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Have you installed the framework patch?
    Yes I did.

For the power menu if you have the framework patch installed you will get to the editing menu by holding down the power button for few seconds (like you did to get into the power menu itself) when you are in the power menu.
    OK, that did it! :-)

I will have to look into the calendar events problem some are having. I am only using google calendar and for that its working so I guess I need to try to somehow test other calendars as well.
    My Google Calendar events show up fine, until I enable the Exchange calendar. None of the Exchange calendar events show up. I could do some more testing if that helps.

EDIT: For the app menu patch not installing, are you still running 2.0.0? Since 2.0.1 version of the patch should not try to access those files shown in the install log you pasted.
    SFR 2.0.0.... No update available for SFR yet. Although I hope it get there because there is definitely a few bugs left in WebOS 2.0. (Even 2.0.1 from what I gather)

Cheers mate.
  14.    #54  
    Yes I did.

OK, that did it! :-)

My Google Calendar events show up fine, until I enable the Exchange calendar. None of the Exchange calendar events show up. I could do some more testing if that helps.

SFR 2.0.0.... No update available for SFR yet. Although I hope it get there because there is definitely a few bugs left in WebOS 2.0. (Even 2.0.1 from what I gather)

Cheers mate.
    Even for 2.0.0 versions there should not be that path in the patch It might be that I have accidentally released the emulator version of that patch since it has that version number in the path. I will try to update the 2.0.0 versions of these patches as well at some point.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Even for 2.0.0 versions there should not be that path in the patch It might be that I have accidentally released the emulator version of that patch since it has that version number in the path. I will try to update the 2.0.0 versions of these patches as well at some point.
    That'd be great! I love testing your patches!

BTW, the failing functions for the Device menu on my Pre2 are :

- Security - You already said why.
    - Phone - Can't turn off phone or change the Roaming.

Everything else seems to work.

One comment, the single volume adjustment available in this menu is the Ringtone Volume. Personally I would rather have the System Sounds Volume available there since it's the one that only is adjustable with the physical buttons when a system sounds play. Ringtone volume are normally readily adjustable. My 2 cents...
  16.    #56  
    That'd be great! I love testing your patches!

BTW, the failing functions for the Device menu on my Pre2 are :

- Security - You already said why.
    - Phone - Can't turn off phone or change the Roaming.

Everything else seems to work.

One comment, the single volume adjustment available in this menu is the Ringtone Volume. Personally I would rather have the System Sounds Volume available there since it's the one that only is adjustable with the physical buttons when a system sounds play. Ringtone volume are normally readily adjustable. My 2 cents...
    Thanks, I will test the phone stuff before next release.

You can adjust all volumes. Just press the volume item with gesture+tap (for now easier to do with orange+tap since the buggy gesture+tap in 2.0.0) and you can go through all 3 volumes. I plan to add a stuff that it remembers what was shown last time but that code is not in yet.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    You can adjust all volumes. Just press the volume item with gesture+tap
    I love it!!
    The wiki page for these patches (Advanced System Menus) have been updated.
    A vast majority of the content is there now, with just a few additional things to be added soon.

If you have any questions, comments and/or suggestions about the wiki, please let me know. Thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  19.    #59  
    There will be a new release of mode/device menu patches on Sunday. The device menu patch will add saving of currently displayed volume slider and fix the phone on/off toggle.

There was a small packaging error in both of these patch packages so when the new updates will show up in Preware for those two patches it is recommended to remove the system menu patches by running EPR and then installing patches back instead of using the normal update procedure for these new versions.

This should give you less trouble than updating the patches normally. After the new releases its again possible to use the normal update procedure for future releases. Sorry about this inconvenience.

So in nutshell, to avoid any more inconvenience when you see the next updates for system menus patches in Preware don't update the patches. Instead run EPR (which removes all patches) and then install patches back.
    Last edited by sconix; 12/03/2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Does the 'Mode Menu' include the 'Airplane mode toggle'? This is something that was stated to be on the agenda for 2.0 when the issue was discussed in the 1.4.5 thread.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast