Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 883
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #541  
    Panic over I solved the problem, I was tapping and holding the specific menu item I wanted to hide instead of tapping and holding the top right next to the battery icon.
  2.    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    I'm running a pre 2 and can't configure the device menu options to hide and unhide specific menus. I have looked at the wiki and the tap + hold or option and tap don't seem to work. Can anyone help?
    If tap-n-hold does not work then you have not installed framework patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #543  
    hold the square key on the keypad and open the menu
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #544  
    Sconix: Great to see the Veer versions are out, but there are a couple of weirdnesses in the system menu . . . The ampersand in "AT&T" isn't rendering correctly in the menu, and there's a setting for the LED flashlight--but the Veer has no LED.

    Edit: Is Mode Switcher Veer-compatible?
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Sconix: Great to see the Veer versions are out, but there are a couple of weirdnesses in the system menu . . . The ampersand in "AT&T" isn't rendering correctly in the menu, and there's a setting for the LED flashlight--but the Veer has no LED.

    Edit: Is Mode Switcher Veer-compatible?
    I am hoping to see a function in systoolsmgr to have support for querying the existence of LED, I don't want to remove that part fully from the code.

    About the AT&T not rendering I would need to see the problem to at least have a some clue what is wrong.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am hoping to see a function in systoolsmgr to have support for querying the existence of LED, I don't want to remove that part fully from the code.

    About the AT&T not rendering I would need to see the problem to at least have a some clue what is wrong.
    You mean for other 2.1.2 devices? As I'm sure you know, there's no LED at all on the Veer.

    The menu thing's no big deal. It's showing the ampersand code, as "AT&T."
  7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    You mean for other 2.1.2 devices? As I'm sure you know, there's no LED at all on the Veer.

    The menu thing's no big deal. It's showing the ampersand code, as "AT&T."
    Yes but I don't want to have different code for 2.1.2 and different code for 2.1.0 (i.e. devices with led) so I will need to add some way to detect the existence of the LED so that the same code works on all. Easier to maintain.

    So you mean the operator text in the left corner is showing that? I will fix that for next version once I have a way to handle the led thing.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes but I don't want to have different code for 2.1.2 and different code for 2.1.0 (i.e. devices with led) so I will need to add some way to detect the existence of the LED so that the same code works on all. Easier to maintain.
    Shouldn't be the model name for a veer be different to a e.g. Pre2?
    My Pre2 has P102UEU.
  9. #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes but I don't want to have different code for 2.1.2 and different code for 2.1.0 (i.e. devices with led) so I will need to add some way to detect the existence of the LED so that the same code works on all. Easier to maintain.

    So you mean the operator text in the left corner is showing that? I will fix that for next version once I have a way to handle the led thing.
    Sorry to be unclear. No, the text in the system menu next to "Phone."

    Did you see my ? above re: Mode Switcher? I'm on a new data plan and wanted to get a no-data mode going on the Veer.

    In general, I'm unsure about what patches, etc., are fully compatible with the Veer, and I haven't seen much info on that, except I knew you were developing a Veer-compatible Advanced series.
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Shouldn't be the model name for a veer be different to a e.g. Pre2?
    My Pre2 has P102UEU.
    If it's useful, the Veer is P160UNA
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    If it's useful, the Veer is P160UNA
    I think he's looking for a more general solution so he doesn't have to maintain a list of hardware versions. That way it wouldn't have to change again for the Touchpad, Pre3, slab, etc.
  12. snpalavan's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #552  
    When i try to install the device menu patch, it says it needs the SysTollsMgr package, which i have installed (version 1.0.3). However, it still asks and when i click to install the one required in Preware, it attempts to download SysToolsMgr 1.0.2 and fails at downloading (Xfer failed).

    EDIT: When i try to install the 1.0.2 SysToolsMgr manually through WOSQI, it spits out a dependency failure.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    When i try to install the device menu patch, it says it needs the SysTollsMgr package, which i have installed (version 1.0.3). However, it still asks and when i click to install the one required in Preware, it attempts to download SysToolsMgr 1.0.2 and fails at downloading (Xfer failed).

    EDIT: When i try to install the 1.0.2 SysToolsMgr manually through WOSQI, it spits out a dependency failure.
    See here. There is some problem with the ipkg feed not updating or something like that.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. snpalavan's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #554  
    Yeah i saw that. That's why i posted here, I was curious whether sconix had updated or was aware (which im sure he is) that the dependency of device menu is on 1.0.2 while the version that installs is 1.0.3.
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    Yeah i saw that. That's why i posted here, I was curious whether sconix had updated or was aware (which im sure he is) that the dependency of device menu is on 1.0.2 while the version that installs is 1.0.3.
    No, the patches has no version requirement in the dependency information. So its something with preware/feeds etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. snpalavan's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #556  
    That makes a lot more sense! So I'll just manually install device menu Thanks

    EDIT: Still get package dependency error with WOSQI...hmmmm
  17. #557  
    Hello, I would like to use the patch "Charging alert vibrate only" but I guess it is incompatible with the "advanced system menus patch".

    During installation I get
    Code:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-charging-alert-vibrate-only.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Would it be possible to make the patch work or get its funktion into the framework?

    Greetings Konus
  18.    #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Hello, I would like to use the patch "Charging alert vibrate only" but I guess it is incompatible with the "advanced system menus patch".

    During installation I get
    Code:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-charging-alert-vibrate-only.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Would it be possible to make the patch work or get its funktion into the framework?

    Greetings Konus
    That is provided by the advanced system prefs patches. It adds configuration options setting various sounds into sound preferences app.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #559  
    That was a fast fix :-)
    Thank you! I did not notice the setting because it was so perfectly integrated into the system...

    Great Work!
  20. #560  
    could you change the german translation for "Akku: 35%,charging" from "Akku: 35%, ladet" into "laden" or "läd" or "aufladen". All of them are better then ladet.

Posting Permissions