Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    So, um, how would I install that locally on my device? (1) How can i get that json file and (2) how would i package them together?

thanks!
    Adam
    Well teaching about how to make all that would take the same time than updating the patch myself I will update my patches for 2.1.2 soon (within week or two at max). And for example donations for updating would always speed things up, but seeing none...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #522  
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system menus patches for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the patch already has battery percent / battery percent + icon options so not sure what you are after...
    LOL. Din know that. Installed all the patches again and enabled the battery percent. Now i'm a happy man.
  4.    #524  
    I have finished system menus patches for 2.1.2 and I am handing them over to one kind soul that has offered to help testing them. There are still few donations needed before I release them to public so if there are Veer owners out there who are waiting for the patches and want to support my work, go ahead and donate now. For the release status/donating check here. For none Veer users please note that this donationathon is also for you as I have promised to support older versions in the future besides the one I am running on if/when the goal is reached. So when your carrier decides not to provide update at least you still can get my patches in the future.
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system menus patches for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    As part of this donationathon, I will give away a promo code for Music Player Remix to the person that donates the largest amount between June 1st and 30th.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    could you add device control(lunar restar,reboot ,airplane mode,turn off phone)into this patch ? I think it will be more useful for most of us..
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsealeo View Post
    could you add device control(lunar restar,reboot ,airplane mode,turn off phone)into this patch ? I think it will be more useful for most of us..
    That's the power menu. Install that and then hold the power button to get those options.
  8.    #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsealeo View Post
    Hmm there are those and lots more, just check the wiki...
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle 'battery as percent'? Or does it come as standard and I have some kid of bug?

Pre+ doctored to 2.10 BTW...
  10.    #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by PushRock View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle 'battery as percent'? Or does it come as standard and I have some kid of bug?

Pre+ doctored to 2.10 BTW...
    You need Tweaks. I guess I need to ask oakridge_outdoors to add info about tweaks into the patch wikis.
    Thanks so much for the prompt response. And from the Dev himself! What a community...

Tweaks worked like a charm. Thank you for all of your hard work Sconix. You've given me more opportunities to show off my phone to friends than I can remember.
  12.    #532  
    I have just pushed the Veer versions of these patches into the feed (as promised here) so they should how up within hour. Thanks for this update goes to those people who donated for the cause. With more donations more updates are coming.
    i have just updated my vzw pre2 to 2.1 yesterday i am having issues with some of these patches -- i installed the vzw versions of all of the patches with the following results. the framework patch installed but is not giving me the charger options in the mode switcher. the mode menu/ dev menu / today all function great. the phone prefs breaks the phone so that i cannot dial out and on a call it will only show me a missed call. messaging patch causes the messages to show up but not notify. these patches do not place the added control in the preferences scenes. i have uninstalled and reinstalled all of these patches after a clean doctor. (not meta) i am trying to donate - have to update my card on paypal so you should see it tomorrow ( i have donated twice in the past but your work is well worth the small contributions i can afford -- thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  14.    #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have just updated my vzw pre2 to 2.1 yesterday i am having issues with some of these patches -- i installed the vzw versions of all of the patches with the following results. the framework patch installed but is not giving me the charger options in the mode switcher. the mode menu/ dev menu / today all function great. the phone prefs breaks the phone so that i cannot dial out and on a call it will only show me a missed call. messaging patch causes the messages to show up but not notify. these patches do not place the added control in the preferences scenes. i have uninstalled and reinstalled all of these patches after a clean doctor. (not meta) i am trying to donate - have to update my card on paypal so you should see it tomorrow ( i have donated twice in the past but your work is well worth the small contributions i can afford -- thanks
    The charger options in MS are only controlled by the Enable advanced features option in the Extension app menu. If you mean that its not working (which I think based on the MS post) its because you haven't installed Advanced system prefs - framework. And thats the reason for the phone prefs patch braking your phone app as well. Notice that the advanced system menus patches are different from advanced system prefs (needed by MS). And you need the framework patch for both if you have any of those patches installed. So at the moment you most likely have advanced system menus framework installed but not advanced prefs framework.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am running webOS 2.1.0 on a VZW Pre+ with Advanced System Menus - Device Menu (VZW) v2.1.0.93. I have been running this configuration for a while now, and yesterday I noticed that the Bluetooth option had disappeared from the Device Menu. Any idea what would cause this and how I can get it back?
    Last edited by noseph; 06/06/2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: added version to device menu
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I am running webOS 2.1.0 on a VZW Pre+ with Advanced System Menus - Device Menu (VZW) v2.1.0.93. I have been running this configuration for a while now, and yesterday I noticed that the Bluetooth option had disappeared from the Device Menu. Any idea what would cause this and how I can get it back?
    Just unhide the bluetooth item. I have seen this happen sometimes that items get hidden by itself, its like the cookie writing would be interrupted or cookie gets corrupted, not sure about the reason. But its like once in a few months so haven't look into the cause.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just unhide the bluetooth item. I have seen this happen sometimes that items get hidden by itself, its like the cookie writing would be interrupted or cookie gets corrupted, not sure about the reason. But its like once in a few months so haven't look into the cause.
    Where is the option to unhide?

18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Where is the option to unhide?
    See the wiki how to configure menu contents.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    See the wiki how to configure menu contents.
    Thank you, I guess I never had to configure the menu before, so I had not retained that bit of info from the Wiki.

I'm running a pre 2 and can't configure the device menu options to hide and unhide specific menus. I have looked at the wiki and the tap + hold or option and tap don't seem to work. Can anyone help?