Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimra View Post
    @sconix
    okay, I installed this EPR file and did the reboot. Still have the error on installing the latest "Advanced System Menues" Framework and in addition I got a funny figure for the time, like two numbers, one on the other. See attachement.
    What does that mean? is my device broken? I am not a hacker or developer and did not perform too strange things ...
    how can I handle this funny clock???
    uff
    The clock being borked just tells that there are still modified files. Try running EPR couple times, not sure why for some it doesn't always restore all files on one run, some have told that they run it 3 or 4 times to get all restored. I really don't know why it is, I haven't ever needed EPR so don't know how it works even.

Your device is not broken in any way, its just that there are still modified system files left. If some of the backup files have been deleted for some reason, i.e. for example when you updated the phone (its always recommended to run EPR to remove patches before any update other than doctoring and then install them back after update) then EPR isn't able to restore them. Anyway you can always doctor your phone to its original factory state and start over as a last resort.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    Sconix, not sure if this has been brought up before, I attempted to search but found nothing of importance, but any news on getting the battery icon to change in exhibition mode? When placed on the touchstone, the icon is the lackluster original
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $exhibition$ $is$ $part$ $of$ $luna$ $manager$ $or$ $at$ $least$ $binary$ $app$ $hence$ $cannot$ $be$ $patched$.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    hello sconix . I just wanted to let you know that the update I just downloaded broke my icons again . The same as last time . Thanks .
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hello sconix . I just wanted to let you know that the update I just downloaded broke my icons again . The same as last time . Thanks .
    Can't be, I did not even update the tweaks file this time. Are you sure, i.e. reboot etc. wont fix the situation?

EDIT: Argh you are right it seems that last time for some odd reason I only added the fix for the released file and not to my patch build system... well now fixed for both so next time it should not get broken
    Last edited by sconix; 05/24/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    thanks roflol
    The rotated battery icon and percent broke too.
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    The rotated battery icon and percent broke too.
    Yes all tweaks got broken (again), but I released an update right away and it has been in the feeds for a while now (-94 version).
    There is a new version in preware but for some reason when I hit update, nothing happens, it just sits there. The app is not frozen, I can go back etc. it just does not update. Is that a local problem or is it a problem with the patch?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    There is a new version in preware but for some reason when I hit update, nothing happens, it just sits there. The app is not frozen, I can go back etc. it just does not update. Is that a local problem or is it a problem with the patch?
    Try a phone reboot and then try it again first thing - I had the same problem yesterday and that fixed it.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    these patches really look great. I am getting an install error on my veer, though. Any ideas?

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    these patches really look great. I am getting an install error on my veer, though. Any ideas?

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    Most likely the patches have to be modified some/or a lot to work on a newer version of webOS. The patches are for webOS 2.1 and the Veer is running 2.1.2.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12.    #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post

Postinst
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored
    My patches are only for 2.1.0 at the moment, don't have veer (would want one, but not possible at least at the moment) nor there is SDK out for veer version (2.1.2) so cannot update my patches for that version yet.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok, I am either A) an *****, B) there's an issue with the patch or C) A & B. I have the following installed:
    Advanced system Behavior
    Advanced System Menus- Device Menu
    Advanced System Menus Framework
    Advanced System Menus - Power Menu
    Advanced System Menus - Today Menu
    Advanced System prefs - E-Mail Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Calendar Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Framework
    Advanced System prefs - Messaging Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Phone Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - System Prefs
    Behavior and Options Tweaks

I am not seeing a way to have the battery icon as percent. I have a Sprint FrankenPre 2 that started its life as a Verizon device. Am I missing something?
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    Ok, I am either A) an *****, B) there's an issue with the patch or C) A & B. I have the following installed:
    Advanced system Behavior
    Advanced System Menus- Device Menu
    Advanced System Menus Framework
    Advanced System Menus - Power Menu
    Advanced System Menus - Today Menu
    Advanced System prefs - E-Mail Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Calendar Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Framework
    Advanced System prefs - Messaging Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Phone Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - System Prefs
    Behavior and Options Tweaks

I am not seeing a way to have the battery icon as percent. I have a Sprint FrankenPre 2 that started its life as a Verizon device. Am I missing something?
    Link to the Wiki maybe Those options are tweaks, you need Tweaks app to change them.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Link to the Wiki maybe Those options are tweaks, you need Tweaks app to change them.
    Thanks Sconix. I was going crazy last night trying to configure the Advanced settings. Now I know, and as I learned as a kid...

Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    @sconix
    thanks - I did the webOS-doc procedure, and you were right, the overlaying clocks was gone after, and I could install the advanced system menu patches.
    Thanks a lot for your work!!!

Too bad on the virtual keyboard, I thought this should be coming with webOS 2.x but it didn't - I am sure this is a wanted item of many users.
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    My patches are only for 2.1.0 at the moment, don't have veer (would want one, but not possible at least at the moment) nor there is SDK out for veer version (2.1.2) so cannot update my patches for that version yet.
    I had the same issue on the veer. the problem steps from the fact that you are trying to modify files in the /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/ folder, but that folder doesn't exist. it's /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/99/stylesheets/ on the veer
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I had the same issue on the veer. the problem steps from the fact that you are trying to modify files in the /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/98/stylesheets/ folder, but that folder doesn't exist. it's /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/99/stylesheets/ on the veer
    I updated the patch to work with the veer (attached)...but how do I get this to work with Tweaks? It doesn't recognize any new tweaks in the app.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I updated the patch to work with the veer (attached)...but how do I get this to work with Tweaks? It doesn't recognize any new tweaks in the app.
    The tweaks json file that is packaged with the patch ipk is needed.
    The tweaks json file that is packaged with the patch ipk is needed.
    So, um, how would I install that locally on my device? (1) How can i get that json file and (2) how would i package them together?

thanks!
    Adam

Like any of my work: