Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    I installed update and restarted Luna and problem appears.
    Then I restarted device and everything remained equal.
    Then I uninstalled patch and restarted Luna and options disappeared of Tweaks.
    Then I re-installed patch and restarted Luna and everything remained equal.

What else?
    Ok, so I guess there is something wrong with the update, the odd thing is that it is working for me. Well I will do some tests right now...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    battery percent not working for me either sir !
  3.    #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    battery percent not working for me either sir !
    Well it does for me :| I am now installing the patch from the feed to check that if something went wrong in the update since I am running version that I installed from my computer before updating it to the feed.

EDIT: So I just installed the patch from the feed and can confirm that the icon option does not work, although I don't know yet why. Expect an update soon...

EDIT2: Found it some old left over change that I did not remember to remove, pushing update into the feed....
    Last edited by sconix; 05/18/2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by iskandarmuda View Post
    Aha! Installing all the patches did the trick. The battery meter is working again, but still won't co exist with 270 degree battery icon and percent patch. Between these 2, i need the battery percent more, so i've removed all advanced systems menus and keep only the system prefs and mode switcher. That's enough for me for now.

Thanks for the effort. Hopefully future release will allow battery percent patch to install, or maybe u should create one yourself. Haha!
    Well the patch already has battery percent / battery percent + icon options so not sure what you are after...
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ok, so I guess there is something wrong with the update, the odd thing is that it is working for me. Well I will do some tests right now...
    Working for me with out any issues.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6.    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Working for me with out any issues.
    Can't be There was a bug that caused all tweaks features of the patch to fail. If the tweaks json file was not updated for some reason then it could have worked.... Just pushed -92 version that will work.

EDIT: Actually yes the previous update works as long as you don't fire up tweaks
    lol, well there was my mistake. i was going to say that i was trying to get rid of my gps icon and that didnt work either. good to know there was an easy answer.
    And when you put it together with running with the SWW, it's tough to tell where the problem is
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    ok so there does seem to be a problem with the update with the battery icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the patch already has battery percent / battery percent + icon options so not sure what you are after...
    Working again.
    Thanks....
    +1
    sconix !! Thanks your awesome !! Have a present day !!
    Sorry if this is the thread, but I haven't been able anywhere else to post or seek some help.

I have an old install of Advanced System Menus - Device Menu that will neither update or uninstall from my Pre- 2.1 system. I ran into problems with Advanced System Menus not working and had to remove it, but one of the installation got botched and won't uninstall. Every time I login to Preware it informs me of a new update, but it won't install reporting

Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-device-menu.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    22 out of 22 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $4$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$devicemenu$/$devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$index$.$html$.$rej$
    Is there a way to manually uninstall this patch so that it does not reference anymore? I guess forcing a reinstall and then uninstalling would also work, but I suspect the error above reports the backup also being corrupted and may be why it won't install or update in the first place. Thanks for the help, Sorli...

Update: Fixed...not sure why it took running EPR 3 times...but the third time was the charm and it finally removed everything patch wise including the Corrupt Advanced System Menus - Device Menu referenced above. Thanks WebOS Internals for a excellent fix with the Emergency Patch Recovery. EPR Rocks! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 05/20/2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Fixed Problem...
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I have a PrePlus running on German with webOS 2.1.0 and I am a bit confused, earlier on webOS 1.4 there were a lot patches posted, which were helpfull needs. I can see that webOS 2.1.0 has eliminated a lot of patch needs, but still the only patches that are in the preware download area are these "advance system menue patches and updates. however - I cannot install the framework and always get errors like the following, which might make total sense to many of the webOS devs, but not to me:

begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    57 24812 57 14261 0 0 14622 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 24673
    100 24812 100 24812 0 0 25022 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 41771
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    4 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

can anybody help on this?

brds nimra
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimra View Post
    I have a PrePlus running on German with webOS 2.1.0 and I am a bit confused, earlier on webOS 1.4 there were a lot patches posted, which were helpfull needs. I can see that webOS 2.1.0 has eliminated a lot of patch needs, but still the only patches that are in the preware download area are these "advance system menue patches and updates. however - I cannot install the framework and always get errors like the following, which might make total sense to many of the webOS devs, but not to me:

begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    57 24812 57 14261 0 0 14622 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 24673
    100 24812 100 24812 0 0 25022 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 41771
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    4 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html.rej
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

can anybody help on this?

brds nimra
    Well there are plenty of patches for 2.1. You might want to check that is preware offering you patches for correct version. I.e. are those patches versions 2.1.0 or something else. I suspect that since you have done the upgrade to 2.1.0 via meta-doctor that you have skipped a step or done something wrong and preware does not know that you are running 2.1. Or something else is wrong with your installation. At least it would explain why the patch fails to install for you if its not for 2.1.0 in the first place. If this is not the case then you have to have conflicting patches installed.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    @sconix
    thanks for your reply. well I don't know about the installation of webOS 2.1.0, but I did it over the phone with a support guy/girl, and it seemed to have worked out fine, but I did 2 full hardresets since after. for the conflicting patches; I just deleted all patches I had (where just about 7) and after luna restart still could not install the framework for the advanced system menue, same error as it seems to me.
    ...and yes a few patches are there, but very very much less than before and the patch vor VKB has never showed up again - or am I missing out on something here?

shall I give up, or what can be done?
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
  16.    #496  
    @sconix
    thanks for your reply. well I don't know about the installation of webOS 2.1.0, but I did it over the phone with a support guy/girl, and it seemed to have worked out fine, but I did 2 full hardresets since after. for the conflicting patches; I just deleted all patches I had (where just about 7) and after luna restart still could not install the framework for the advanced system menue, same error as it seems to me.
    ...and yes a few patches are there, but very very much less than before and the patch vor VKB has never showed up again - or am I missing out on something here?

shall I give up, or what can be done?
    I guess the VKB patch was removed due to the virtual keyboard causing crashes.

Well if your system is somewhat in ok state then running EPR to remove all patches should get your installation to factory state. Then you can start by installing the advanced patches. If running EPR couple times does not help and you still can not install the advanced patches then your system has modified files and you need to either doctor or recover those file to their original state manually.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    @sconix thanks again for your reply
    what exactly do you mean by "running EPR"?
    to recover to the original state wouldn't a "Secure Full Erase" over "Device Info" do the job?
    This is what I had done twice already, but probably, while again entering my account info at first after the full reset, I got those files back onto the device?
  18.    #498  
    @sconix thanks again for your reply
    what exactly do you mean by "running EPR"?
    to recover to the original state wouldn't a "Secure Full Erase" over "Device Info" do the job?
    This is what I had done twice already, but probably, while again entering my account info at first after the full reset, I got those files back onto the device?
    Full erase is about clearing configuration so it has nothing to do with patches. Patches are about modifying system files. EPR (emergency patch recovery) is a tool that copies the backup files (original files) over the modified by patches. Unless your system has suffered from some manual tampering or something other unusual activity then EPR should get your device back to "original" state, i.e. no patches installed. EPR can be installed from Preware, it does not install any actual application it just recovers those original files when being installed.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    @sconix
    okay, I installed this EPR file and did the reboot. Still have the error on installing the latest "Advanced System Menues" Framework and in addition I got a funny figure for the time, like two numbers, one on the other. See attachement.
    What does that mean? is my device broken? I am not a hacker or developer and did not perform too strange things ...
    how can I handle this funny clock???
    uff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Sconix, not sure if this has been brought up before, I attempted to search but found nothing of importance, but any news on getting the battery icon to change in exhibition mode? When placed on the touchstone, the icon is the lackluster original