Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hello,

I'm running Webos 2.1 on the Pre 2 and installed all of the advanced system preferences and menus patches. The functionality they give is great, but after using them for awhile I noticed the battery status in the device menu is frozen (the battery status in the topbar however is not). Through trial and error, I've isolated the cause of the problem to be the menus framework; installing it (both the VZW and non-VZW version) seems to automatically freeze the battery status.

is this something that can be fixed? I can live with it I guess, but was wondering if there is something that can be done

Thanks
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
    Hello,

I'm running Webos 2.1 on the Pre 2 and installed all of the advanced system preferences and menus patches. The functionality they give is great, but after using them for awhile I noticed the battery status in the device menu is frozen (the battery status in the topbar however is not). Through trial and error, I've isolated the cause of the problem to be the menus framework; installing it (both the VZW and non-VZW version) seems to automatically freeze the battery status.

is this something that can be fixed? I can live with it I guess, but was wondering if there is something that can be done

Thanks
    There has been few users with this problem, I am not sure what it was that resolved it for them, but it was either installation error or some conflicting patch causing the problem.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Hi
    I'm big fan of "Battery Percent and Icon".
    When I installed ASM I was happy as soon as Tweaks came out (the numbers are a bit too small but I guess you can't have it all).

But after the latest update the color code went away and you only get the green and the red (and you barely see it because the battery is empty).

Can you add a tweak for leave the same color code than "Battery Percent and Icon" and that the percentage number is in that color as well?

Cheers
    JD
    Well I guess I can add one more option for the next release, seems that enough people want to make their pre ugly
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There has been few users with this problem, I am not sure what it was that resolved it for them, but it was either installation error or some conflicting patch causing the problem.
    thanks for the reply. I ran EPR and then reinstalled the framework fresh. After the restart there was still the same problem :/

could you maybe direct me to the page/thread where this was resolved? or do you have any other suggestions?

thanks again; I really appreciate any help you can offer
    Great work you've done here. I love the Mode menu and Mode Switcher combo, but unfortunately i'm also having the same battery frozen state issue.
    I'm on UK unlocked Pre2 WebOS2.1.

I've got other patches installed, but none for system. They're all application patches like browser, video, sms, etc.

And the 270degrees battery percent and icon won't install together with this framework. It's either one only.

Oh well, battery meter first, menu later then for me. Can't wait to see this fixed in next release.
  6.    #466  
    thanks for the reply. I ran EPR and then reinstalled the framework fresh. After the restart there was still the same problem :/

could you maybe direct me to the page/thread where this was resolved? or do you have any other suggestions?

It might have been even tweaks thread, not sure though. And I have no other suggestions since I have never seen this happening myself.
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by iskandarmuda View Post
    Great work you've done here. I love the Mode menu and Mode Switcher combo, but unfortunately i'm also having the same battery frozen state issue.

I've got other patches installed, but none for system. They're all application patches like browser, video, sms, etc.

And the 270degrees battery percent and icon won't install together with this framework. It's either one only.

Oh well, battery meter first, menu later then for me. Can't wait to see this fixed in next release.
    All I can say for sure is that its not the system menu patches that brakes the battery icon. These patches won't touch that part of the code at all. So as long as the patches are installed properly they can't brake the battery icon. So its something else in your installation.
  8.    #468  

Quote Originally Posted by iskandarmuda View Post

Do you both have all system menu patches installed or not? I won't test my patches so that if only few of them are installed so that is the only thing that could cause the problem. Anyway would like to know what system menus patches you have installed so I could see/test if that can be the problem.
    Hi.

Installing Advanced System Menus - Framework 2.1.0-91, "Only Icon Battery" is shown, whatever the option selected en Tweaks.
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by luisgmoespinoza View Post
    Hi.

Installing Advanced System Menus - Framework 2.1.0-91, "Only Icon Battery" is shown, whatever the option selected en Tweaks.
    Sounds like the tweaks service is not responding, have you tried rebooting? Also are you sure the patch is installed and that there was no error when updating?
    +1 i also notice that my gps icon will not go away even after turning it off and a reboot
    i will try an epr and see what happens after the reinstall.
    Sounds like the tweaks service is not responding, have you tried rebooting? Also are you sure the patch is installed and that there was no error when updating?
    I installed update and restarted Luna and problem appears.
    Then I restarted device and everything remained equal.
    Then I uninstalled patch and restarted Luna and options disappeared of Tweaks.
    Then I re-installed patch and restarted Luna and everything remained equal.

What else?
    well with the new update top bar battery % and icon settings are broke lol . I'm trying to use just the % and icon won't go away no matter what I try .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Maybe '&' in new option crash menu?
    Do you both have all system menu patches installed or not? I won't test my patches so that if only few of them are installed so that is the only thing that could cause the problem. Anyway would like to know what system menus patches you have installed so I could see/test if that can be the problem.
    Aha! Installing all the patches did the trick. The battery meter is working again, but still won't co exist with 270 degree battery icon and percent patch. Between these 2, i need the battery percent more, so i've removed all advanced systems menus and keep only the system prefs and mode switcher. That's enough for me for now.

Thanks for the effort. Hopefully future release will allow battery percent patch to install, or maybe u should create one yourself. Haha!
    wait what? the rotate battery and percent is an option in tweaks. are you saying that you have tried to get it to change and after a luna restart it doenst change? or there is no tweak available? or are you not even looking at the tweaks options?
    Before 2.1.0-91 update I had "Percentage Only" on Battery Icon, but after apply it, I got "Icon Only" whatever option selected in Tweaks.
    ok so there does seem to be a problem with the update with the battery icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    ok so there does seem to be a problem with the update with the battery icon.
    That's Ok.