Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Having an issue where certain links are not opening. Links in emails don't open anything. Preware is unable to open palm catalog apps for install... Youtube links in the browser give an error about unsuported instead of opening the youtube app... I have all the advance patches installed on a pre- sprint 2.1 non-legacy or verizon patches.
    not sure what this has to do with the adv patches...
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 04/19/2011 at 08:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I have a slight issue. Sometimes the device menu stops working. You tap and tap and it does not appear. The phone works perfectly but the menu is just not there. With a Luna restart everything goes back to normal again. It's not very common, it has happened 2-3 times only in about 2 weeks and I use the device menu dozens of times each day. Unfortunately I haven't yet discovered when the problem appears.
    Has anyone experienced this?
    I have too sometimes exactly this "the device menu stops working" issue. I will try to be more specific about how happens in my case to see if it happens to you in the same conditions. It is so infrecuent that I don't report before.

The menu item I most use (5 or 6 toggles per day) is to toggle the WiFi radio so I initially set the quick action (last menu item) to quickly toggle WiFi radio. After a few days using the quick action the issue appears. So until now I open the submenu to toggle WiFi radio without any problems (so far). Now I will switch back to the quick action to toggle WiFi radio to see if I can reproduce the issue and send /var/log/messages to you. May be the issue is for WiFi toggle (for webOS bug) and not for quick action.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Hola CptOx (vamos los che).
    Maybe it's wifi related. Although I'm not sure, the two most common menus I use are the Data and Wifi. I believe the "now working" thing happened when I was toggling between them. Although I don't have that last menu thing I see in your case (how do you do it?) I believe it is somehow related to it. Although it happens rarely.
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Having an issue where certain links are not opening. Links in emails don't open anything. Preware is unable to open palm catalog apps for install... Youtube links in the browser give an error about unsuported instead of opening the youtube app... I have all the advance patches installed on a pre- sprint 2.1 non-legacy or verizon patches.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sounds like the mime type file has got corrupted, nothing to do with these patches. If I remember correctly there is a emergency repair tool in preware for fixing the file.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hola CptOx (vamos los che).
    Maybe it's wifi related. Although I'm not sure, the two most common menus I use are the Data and Wifi. I believe the "now working" thing happened when I was toggling between them. Although I don't have that last menu thing I see in your case (how do you do it?) I believe it is somehow related to it. Although it happens rarely.
    ¡Hola Loiter! As wiki says: Option + Tap or Tap + Hold in the Device Menu (upper left corner top bar) to configure the menu.
    And then:
    Tap a menu item will toggle whether or not it is shown in the menu.
    Tap the quick action (last menu item) will cycle forward through the different settings available (the item selected will become the toggle for the quick action in the Device menu).
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sounds like the mime type file has got corrupted, nothing to do with these patches. If I remember correctly there is a emergency repair tool in preware for fixing the file.
    Thanks a lot sconix. Yeah I ran EPR and the issue remained so was not caused by any patches... Also ran the Emergency Mime Table Reset, but issue still remains grrr.

something must be stuck somewhere or was changed somehow. running an epr should do it everytime. a dr should prob be in your future.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Just had to re-buy the "Calendar Weather app" for my Pre 2. It will not appear under my today menu patch. In fact, it appears the only calendar that appears is the palm profile. Yes, I have the calendar enabled to "show", form today menu. Any ideas? Thanks.

9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Just had to re-buy the "Calendar Weather app" for my Pre 2. It will not appear under my today menu patch. In fact, it appears the only calendar that appears is the palm profile. Yes, I have the calendar enabled to "show", form today menu. Any ideas? Thanks.

Not even after a restart? All I can say is that today menu uses the same data source as the calendar app at the moment, and it only leaves events out of the hidden calendars, or if they have the ignore text in subject/note. That is if you are running 2.1.0 and the latest version of the patch. If you happen to be using 2.0.1 as some of the users are stuck then you are out of luck, those earlier versions of the patch had problematic way of getting calendar events which usually failed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I am using 2.0.1. Thank you for answering so fast.

Is the 'SysToolMgr Service' required to be installed for the 'LED Flashlight' in the Device menu to work? I have restarted the phone several times, but I am unable to get the 'LED Flashlight' to work.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Is the 'SysToolMgr Service' required to be installed for the 'LED Flashlight' in the Device menu to work? I have restarted the phone several times, but I am unable to get the 'LED Flashlight' to work.
    Yep.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yep.
    Thanks for the reply. But I was under the impression that 'sconix' had made his patch to work without Jason's 'SysToolMgr Service'. This is stated by 'sconix' himself in post #173. Also more importantly, if this is required, then why doesn't Preware prompt that this is required when installing the 'Advance System Menus - Device Menu'? In fact this is not even stated in the wiki, nor is it stated in the description of the patch in Preware or for that matter in the opening post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks for the reply. But I was under the impression that 'sconix' had made his patch to work without Jason's 'SysToolMgr Service'. This is stated by 'sconix' himself in post #173. Also more importantly, if this is required, then why doesn't Preware prompt that this is required when installing the 'Advance System Menus - Device Menu'? In fact this is not even stated in the wiki, nor is it stated in the description of the patch in Preware or for that matter in the
    Hmm. Oh, well I might be mistaken then. I could have sworn I've seen somewhere that the flashlight in device menu needs Jason's SysToolsMgr...

Maybe someone who knows better will chime in...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15.    #435  
    Hmm. Oh, well I might be mistaken then. I could have sworn I've seen somewhere that the flashlight in device menu needs Jason's SysToolsMgr...

Maybe someone who knows better will chime in...
    The systoolsmgr is required with the latest versions. I just forgot to add the dependency which will be in next release. So this is rather recent change hence wiki etc are bit behind.
    Turns out you are right, 'SysToolMgr' is a requirement for the 'LED Flashlight' to work. I installed it and the 'flashlight' is working fine now. Thanks again.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have a slight issue. Sometimes the device menu stops working. You tap and tap and it does not appear. The phone works perfectly but the menu is just not there. With a Luna restart everything goes back to normal again. It's not very common, it has happened 2-3 times only in about 2 weeks and I use the device menu dozens of times each day. Unfortunately I haven't yet discovered when the problem appears.
    Has anyone experienced this?
    Yes, this happens to me too. Sometimes Mode Menu and Device Menu do not respond at all. I tap and the menu doesn't show up. I seems to be related to memory getting eaten up and the device gets bogged down. After a reboot it works again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Yes, this happens to me too. Sometimes Mode Menu and Device Menu do not respond at all. I tap and the menu doesn't show up. I seems to be related to memory getting eaten up and the device gets bogged down. After a reboot it works again.
    I am with you about possible memory issue. The last time it happens to me not only Device Menu do not respond also Quick Launch bottom bar. But Mode and Today Menus working. I take /var/log/messages with Filezilla in my PC and I will send to Sconix next Tuesday

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    I am with you about possible memory issue. The last time it happens to me not only Device Menu do not respond also Quick Launch bottom bar. But Mode and Today Menus working. I take /var/log/messages with Filezilla in my PC and I will send to Sconix next Tuesday

That just happened to me and I do not have any advanced menus installed. Rebooted and problem was fixed.

I just upgrade from WebOS 2.0 to WebOS 2.1 and now experience the same issue... Cannot install Framework and thus also Advanced System Menu and other Advanced Munus aren't working. And yesterday (with WebOs 2.0) everything works do fine...
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements