Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Ouch! I didn't realize Mode Switcher 2 was out in Preware, even though I've been betatesting the "2.0.0" version for some weeks. The new version is "2.0.2", and Preware doesn't detect it as an update.

So I took the "safe" route, and uninstalled the beta version, both of Mode Switcher itself, and Advanced System Menus Mode Menu. I even did a phone restart after uninstalling Mode Switcher, but now I'm unable to install Mode Menu. Here are the interesting parts of its installation log file:

install

{"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

postinst

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-mode-menu.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es/strings.json.rej

remove

Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-mode-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-mode-menu.prerm)
    Did I do something wrong? Of course, I have the correct Advanced System Menus Framework, as the beta version worked almost fine. I'm quickly reading this thread recent posts, and have read again the Wiki finding nothing new.

Also, it seems Sconix didn't have the time to add random/next wallpaper switching with the new "MiniFS Service" that I built largely with his help. It's not that important, though...
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Ouch! I didn't realize Mode Switcher 2 was out in Preware, even though I've been betatesting the "2.0.0" version for some weeks. The new version is "2.0.2", and Preware doesn't detect it as an update.

So I took the "safe" route, and uninstalled the beta version, both of Mode Switcher itself, and Advanced System Menus Mode Menu. I even did a phone restart after uninstalling Mode Switcher, but now I'm unable to install Mode Menu. Here are the interesting parts of its installation log file:

Did I do something wrong? Of course, I have the correct Advanced System Menus Framework, as the beta version worked almost fine. I'm quickly reading this thread recent posts, and have read again the Wiki finding nothing new.

Also, it seems Sconix didn't have the time to add random/next wallpaper switching with the new "MiniFS Service" that I built largely with his help. It's not that important, though...
    Either you have unclean installation of the previous patch or you don't have a world release of WebOS. In the first case you might need to try EPR and in the latter case you need to install the VZW version of the patch.

And yes did not have time to add the wallpaper thing yet, will get to that during next week
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Either you have unclean installation of the previous patch
    Well, that's what I wanted to solve, by uninstalling before intelling the new versions.

or you don't have a world release of WebOS.
    I have 2.1 WR in my original Movistar GSM Pre, all thanks to the great Metadoctor!

In the first case you might need to try EPR
    Well, seems I have to learn new tricks! I've been seeing this "EPR" mentioned several times, and now I've taken a look. There, drwashmlcci suggests using WebOS Quick Install to uninstall patches. I forgot about it, as rarely use WOQI, but hope it's as good as the EPR, which I fear would wipe every patch I have (didn't try).

WOQI lists the patches "fix-pin-scrim", "Show Flash Preferecens on Le...", and most importantly, "Advanced System Menus - Devi...", "Advanced System Menus - Fra..." and "Advanced System Menus - Tod...". I tick these last three, and click "Uninstall". A couple of minutes later, and after each being unticked in sequence, they disappear from the list.

No Luna restart is suggested, but I exit WOQI and reboot anyway, to start as clean as possible. Now, I realize again how great and how much work has been put into WOQI, as it has package management as good as the equelly amazing Preware.

So I use WOQI to install "Advanced System Menus Framework" version 2.1.0-62, then "Advanced System Menus - Device Menu" version 2.1.0-68, and then "Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu" version 2.1.0-59... BANG, got "novacom: unexpected EOF from server". One hunk failed, the rejects should be in "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es/strings.json.rej", but that file doesn't exist. I have "strings.json.webosinternals.orig", though. Curiously, WOQI says all three packages are installed. I reboot, and seem to have stock menus.

So... Mandatory EPR for me? I think now I know why it's called "emergency" for a start.

And yes did not have time to add the wallpaper thing yet, will get to that during next week
    Great! Helpful as aways, sconix. Let's see if I can finally enjoy Mode Switcher and Advances System Menus!
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 04/15/2011 at 06:09 AM.
  4.    #404  
    So... Mandatory EPR for me? I think now I know why it's called "emergency" for a start.

Great! Helpful as aways, sconix. Let's see if I can finally enjoy Mode Switcher and Advances System Menus!
    Its always best to stick one installation method (preware usually). Odd that the file has got deleted, but as long as those .orig files are there EPR should be able to restore your phone to its original state (regarding system files, not settings etc). So yes EPR removes all patches you have, but you can then use the saved package list in preware to easily install all your patches back.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Its always best to stick one installation method (preware usually).
    Sure. Just learnt that. It's not a good idea to expect two completely different applications achieve exactly the same.

yes EPR removes all patches you have
    I finally installed EPR, rebooted (sixth time today, IIRC), and seem to enjoy perfectly stock behaviour. Lovely! Now, I've installed with Preware your three menu components flawlessly, and rebooted again. Everything looks good now, mode menu shows up nicely, just as device menu. But the led flashlight toggle does nothing. Previous beta version did work, and I loved it. Strange?

you can then use the saved package list in preware to easily install all your patches back.
    But the "fix PIN scrim" and "Show flash preferences on legacy devices" patches don't show up there. I think it's because they didn't got into my Pre through Preware. But I have them saved on my computer, and have installed them again through WOQI. Oh and your today menu got in the way too!
  6.    #406  
    Sure. Just learnt that. It's not a good idea to expect two completely different applications achieve exactly the same.

I finally installed EPR, rebooted (sixth time today, IIRC), and seem to enjoy perfectly stock behaviour. Lovely! Now, I've installed with Preware your three menu components flawlessly, and rebooted again. Everything looks good now, mode menu shows up nicely, just as device menu. But the led flashlight toggle does nothing. Previous beta version did work, and I loved it. Strange?

But the "fix PIN scrim" and "Show flash preferences on legacy devices" patches don't show up there. I think it's because they didn't got into my Pre through Preware. But I have them saved on my computer, and have installed them again through WOQI. Oh and your today menu got in the way too!
    The LED needs jasons systoolsmgr service (can be installed through preware). It should get installed as dependency, but I guess I have forgot to add that dependency to the package or the saved list does not handle dependencies. So just install that service and it works.
    The LED needs jasons systoolsmgr service
    Ouch, forgot that! Now installed, with its mandatory "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$;. $Great$ $stuff$! $Thanks$ $again$.
    Hi sconix,
    There is a very sorry affair,the patch SWW Cannot coexist with advanced-system-menus-framework.

See the links below:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-widget.html

The SWW Also changed the following documents
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Can you give a good method,Let the two patches can be used together.

Thks
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher88 View Post
    Hi sconix,
    There is a very sorry affair,the patch SWW Cannot coexist with advanced-system-menus-framework.

See the links below:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-widget.html

The SWW Also changed the following documents

Can you give a good method,Let the two patches can be used together.

Thks
    I'll be working on getting these two patches to play nicely together later tonight. Hopefully I can make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'll be working on getting these two patches to play nicely together later tonight. Hopefully I can make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher88 View Post
    <edit>
    Nevermind... Gotta figure out how to solve some issues.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/15/2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm having trouble installing this. I just ran an Emergency Patch Recovery and this is what I get when I try to install Advanced System Menus - Framework. I am running 2.1 on a Bell Pre minus:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    22 24608 22 5536 0 0 8351 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 43250
    100 24608 100 24608 0 0 33546 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 120k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I'm having trouble installing this. I just ran an Emergency Patch Recovery and this is what I get when I try to install Advanced System Menus - Framework. I am running 2.1 on a Bell Pre minus:
    I think you need the Framework LEGACY instead.

Also, if you have any other top bar patches installed they likely conflict, so you need to remove them.
    Having just run EPR, I have NO patches running.

Isn't there only two versions of this framework? Verizon and non-Verizon? Is there also a Legacy version?
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 04/15/2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Having just run EPR, I have NO patches running.

Isn't there only two versions of this framework? Verizon and non-Verizon? Is there also a Legacy version?
    Hmm... Sent a new bar-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $my$ $device$ $and$ $all$ $is$ $good$.

So, follow-up question... How might someone's bar-assistant.jsjsjs $get$ $corrupted$ $as$ $mine$ $was$? $Could$ $a$ $poorly$ $written$ $patch$ $cause$ $this$ $kind$ $of$ $problem$, $even$ $if$ $that$ $patch$ $seemed$ $to$ $install$ $and$ $uninstall$ $without$ $errors$?
  16.    #416  
    Hmm... Sent a new bar-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $my$ $device$ $and$ $all$ $is$ $good$.

So, follow-up question... How might someone's bar-assistant.jsjsjs $get$ $corrupted$ $as$ $mine$ $was$? $Could$ $a$ $poorly$ $written$ $patch$ $cause$ $this$ $kind$ $of$ $problem$, $even$ $if$ $that$ $patch$ $seemed$ $to$ $install$ $and$ $uninstall$ $without$ $errors$?
    Themes are common cause since they don't use AUPT, if you have one that modifies system files I mean. AUPT takes care of patches not being able to leave traces when uninstalled, but I have seen many here to report this kind of problems, but currently we have no idea how this could happen. Since for patch to uninstall uncleanly the patch operation should get killed or the flash drive get changed to read-only in middle of the process. At least I don't see any other way something like this to happen and it has never happened to me for example. So really don't know how people manage to get patches to fail.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I have a slight issue. Sometimes the device menu stops working. You tap and tap and it does not appear. The phone works perfectly but the menu is just not there. With a Luna restart everything goes back to normal again. It's not very common, it has happened 2-3 times only in about 2 weeks and I use the device menu dozens of times each day. Unfortunately I haven't yet discovered when the problem appears.
    Has anyone experienced this?
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I have a slight issue. Sometimes the device menu stops working. You tap and tap and it does not appear. The phone works perfectly but the menu is just not there. With a Luna restart everything goes back to normal again. It's not very common, it has happened 2-3 times only in about 2 weeks and I use the device menu dozens of times each day. Unfortunately I haven't yet discovered when the problem appears.
    Has anyone experienced this?
    I must say that it sounds bit odd. One could be that some service is not responding. I could have a look if I have missed some response handling when service is not responding. Hard to think of any other reason why the restart would help. You could send /var/log/messages file when it happens so that I could have a look if theres any clues to why its happening. Anyway never happened to me.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    As I said it's not something that happens very often. It was like the menu did not respond and open. I'l try to copy this file if/when it happens again.
    Having an issue where certain links are not opening. Links in emails don't open anything. Preware is unable to open palm catalog apps for install... Youtube links in the browser give an error about unsuported instead of opening the youtube app... I have all the advance patches installed on a pre- sprint 2.1 non-legacy or verizon patches.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums